ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of Sean Gleeson* some FCS candidates

welshman#

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2001
Reactions: vesuvius13
--Ian Shoemaker: https://goeags.com/staff-directory/ian-shoemaker/151 (has coached in Midwest FWIW)

--Chris Taylor: https://usdtoreros.com/staff-directory/christian-taylor/115 (has coached in Midwest FWIW)

--Zach Kittley: https://hbuhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/zach-kittley/644 (a tad short perhaps in the "experience" department but has worked with Kingsbury and Mahomes FWIW)

*--former FCS OC at Princeton, now Gundy's OC at Okla State, rumored to be an IU candidate a year ago
I love how Gundy has started thinking out of box and reached out to Yurcich at Edinboro and then Gleason at Princeton.

The key question is (in my opinion): Which one of those guys is already running an Offense close to what we are running now or has a background that would allow him to switch to running what we are currently running (and is willing to do so)...

Another potentially limiting factor is who is willing to come here without "his guys"...

The key question is (in my opinion): Which one of those guys is already running an Offense close to what we are running now or has a background that would allow him to switch to running what we are currently running (and is willing to do so)...

Another potentially limiting factor is who is willing to come here without "his guys"...

The “his guys” thing was a Canada move and nobody does that at this level. The only guy who gets to decide that is the head coach.

I didn’t think Canada was that innovative when he was here.
He never could jump start the LSU offense.

He’s got a reputation as an offensive guru. I don’t know....meh. He’s not in demand. Nobody snatched him up last year.

The “his guys” thing was a Canada move and nobody does that at this level. The only guy who gets to decide that is the head coach.

I didn’t think Canada was that innovative when he was here.
He never could jump start the LSU offense.

He’s got a reputation as an offensive guru. I don’t know....meh. He’s not in demand. Nobody snatched him up last year.

LSU's still paying him 3mil as a separation settlement so I'm guessing he's comfortable making the type of demands that he feels he needs to be successful...

I'm also guessing that deep down, he wanted to take that year off...

Who knows, he may just call it a career and live off his investments...

I can't get too excited about the FCS guys...

May as well promote from within if we're gonna take a flier on one of that group (in my opinion)...

The guy I keep thinking fits the parameters that TA has set best is this guy (already identified by Welshman):

https://emueagles.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/aaron-keen/971

He's not the "Big Name" hire that many might hope for but he fits the framework of what TA says he's looking for...

*If he was the guy actually calling the plays for Eastern Michigan when they played p u at their mud hole back in 2018 then I Like Him!!!

When things got tight, he never flinched, blinked, or squirmed..., he went right at them.

He Attacked p u (utilizing a lot less talent) from start to finish and got the W over the vaunted Brohmardi bros...

I can't get too excited about the FCS guys...

May as well promote from within if we're gonna take a flier on one of that group (in my opinion)...

The guy I keep thinking fits the parameters that TA has set best is this guy (already identified by Welshman):

https://emueagles.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/aaron-keen/971

He's not the "Big Name" hire that many might hope for but he fits the framework of what TA says he's looking for...

*If he was the guy actually calling the plays for Eastern Michigan when they played p u at their mud hole back in 2018 then I Like Him!!!

When things got tight, he never flinched, blinked, or squirmed..., he went right at them.

He Attacked p u (utilizing a lot less talent) from start to finish and got the W over the vaunted Brohmardi bros...
what struck me the most in that group is Shoemaker's numbers: 1st in total offense, 3rd in scoring offense, 5th in passing offense, 14th in red zone offense, and 19th in rushing offense. FCS or not, that's pretty impressive. Plus, he's a former head coach and spent 5 years coaching in Ohio FWIW.

But I definitely plan to check out Keen's offense on the 26th. Maybe by then Texas, Oregon and State Penn will be in a bidding war for Sanford--unless Boise State's already hired him to replace Zak Hill.

Reactions: 76-1
what struck me the most in that group is Shoemaker's numbers: 1st in total offense, 3rd in scoring offense, 5th in passing offense, 14th in red zone offense, and 19th in rushing offense. FCS or not, that's pretty impressive. Plus, he's a former head coach and spent 5 years coaching in Ohio FWIW.

But I definitely plan to check out Keen's offense on the 26th. Maybe by then Texas, Oregon and State Penn will be in a bidding war for Sanford--unless Boise State's already hired him to replace Zak Hill.

I missed the coached in Ohio part about him. My big concern was that he didn't seem like he'd have many recruiting contacts...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT