ADVERTISEMENT

In almost half a century of watching sports this is the single worst game I

You don't know that for certain. Aloha you are nothing short of a hero, but even you cannot support Miller at this point. Today was disgraceful.

Exactly. Get a proven, big time coach in here next year and pay him $8 million a year; or get an unproven coach in here and pay him $800,000 a year. Anybody but Miller....

I'd obviously prefer the $8 million per year option. That's the only way we break this slump. You get a name and let him know the expectations are high. I believe Miller gets this but while the heart and mind might be willing I'm afraid the ability just isn't there. It was enough for Dayton. It's not enough for IU, the Big Ten and national prominence.

Unfortunately, as Crazed has been consistent in accurately describing, the commitment no longer exists at the top. Until and if it ever does we'll just be paddling around in circles.

There might be some pressure, but nothing is going to happen. I think he gets five years, but I’ll acknowledge that a new AD may not want to wait that long. Apathy will continue to set in, though, and that will probably buy him some time. Wait until the thousands of empty seats start sprouting all over AH.
U don’t know that at all

U don’t know that at all
I know IU very well, and that’s how IU has operated for decades. Crean got nine years. Kevin Wilson doubled his deal and never had a winning season. Mal won 38% of his Big 10 games and was coach for 13 years. Mike Davis had zero head coaching experience and really very little bench time and got hired. Lee Corso.

Slow triggers R Us.

Reactions: mk23 and IUgradman
I just returned from the game...paid $200 outside AH for Sec. F row 10, a decent seat. Purdue looked more locked in, better tuned than IU with more discipline. They just seemed to have their act together, which comes down to coaching, I'm afraid. We played Purdue at the wrong time. They're peaking at the right time. It's one thing to lose to PU at home...that's bad enough but when you not only lose, but get taken behind your own woodshed and roughed up, that's really depressing. Then add in 20 years of waiting for Knight to return.... At no point after the initial 10 min. mark did I ever get a sense of IU being able to come back for a victory. Oh, sure, Purdue knew we would have a run in us somewhere in the second half but they always had an answer. Purdue looked pretty good. That Purdue's Williams kid is what DeRon Davis was supposed to look and play like by this time, his last season. That kid is huge and he's got a couple more years. Where does Purdu keep getting kids like this? For Williams and Haarms, we had no answer. Even that Hunter Jr. kid of theirs- the wiry one, was a surprise. The performance was disappointing.

That said, it was worth every penny to be there for Bob Knight. I choked up big time, but fortunately, didn't lose it entirely. The guy next to me told me the same thing. Wow, it was a special moment between Knight and all his faithful players. The stage was set. Then the team let us down by not competing against Purdue, and that's a double bite in the ass. Sadly, IU has now lost 8 or the last 9 against Purdue. That's a crock of "chit" in anyone's book. Archie hasn't beaten Purdue, yet, and it won't be happening in the return match at Mackey. That will make it three years of futility against our arch-rival.

Forgive me for rambling, but TJD does not have a nice touch around the rim. He has to learn to go up stronger while maintaining composure. He was over shooting the rock all afternoon. At least 6 of his points were point blank dunks. He needs to play with more finesse. He looks like he's over thinking it. Sure, he hit most of his free throws but he should have had more three point play opportunities than he did. It just doesn't seem like he's being utilized correctly. He usually ends up getting his points, but we can't depend upon him when we need him the most. I'm done until Thursday night, possibly another ugly sight.

I know IU very well, and that’s how IU has operated for decades. Crean got nine years. Kevin Wilson doubled his deal and never had a winning season. Mal won 38% of his Big 10 games and was coach for 13 years. Mike Davis had zero head coaching experience and really very little bench time and got hired. Lee Corso.

Slow triggers R Us.
Crean had us in sweet 16 in year 4 and ranked #1 in year 5 there’s a reason he got 9 years wTF is wrong with u

Reactions: Radio Zero
I think it's safe to say Archie has lost any good will the fans still had for him with this performance today.
Yes, I'm afraid the honeymoon is officially over. We wanted to think we had a special coach so badly that we cut him some extra slack, but he just doesn't seem to be able to motivate this bunch. No real difference makers, impact players of note, are on the horizon that we know of. We've been spinning our wheels, mired in mediocrity for far too long. It's been a tough road on all of us. Now, we have to listen to Purdue fans gloat, and that's what really hurts. IU truly does suck.

There was an older gentleman next to me, about my age, who was obviously an IU fan except for his clothing. Why on earth would anyone IU fan wear a black pullover with white "Indiana" on the breast to a Purdue game? Without squinting your eyes, he looks just like a Purdue fan...come on, man, wear red and white! I guarantee you won't ever see a Purdue fan in Mackey Arena where a red sweater with small "Purdue" lettering on it. That would be insane!

Like it or not, he has another year.

I know. And I don’t like it. I think it’ll be an awful decision that will only contribute to us remaining on the track we’re on.

We need to have a culture of demanding on winning. Not a culture of accepting mediocrity and waiting on hope.

Hopefully he’ll do us a favor and resign. But I’m not counting on it.

Crean sucked and anybody who couldn’t see that is a fool. He should’ve been bounced after year three. At the latest after the Syracuse game.

Sweet 16? Lol.... this program has fallen so far.
He had a top 5 recruiting class coming in does Archie

I know. And I don’t like it. I think it’ll be an awful decision that will only contribute to us remaining on the track we’re on.

We need to have a culture of demanding on winning. Not a culture of accepting mediocrity and waiting on hope.

Hopefully he’ll do us a favor and resign. But I’m not counting on it.
I'll know if I like it or not at the end of the season.

Yo victor, I’ve blocked most of the sunshine pumpers - they still defending this shit show? Maybe next time they should listen, or at least not blindly follow

Yo victor, I’ve blocked most of the sunshine pumpers - they still defending this shit show? Maybe next time they should listen, or at least not blindly follow
They are slowly emerging again. Now once again blaming lack of shooting etc, etc.

Forgive me for rambling, but TJD does not have a nice touch around the rim. He has to learn to go up stronger while maintaining composure. He was over shooting the rock all afternoon. At least 6 of his points were point blank dunks. He needs to play with more finesse. He looks like he's over thinking it. Sure, he hit most of his free throws but he should have had more three point play opportunities than he did. It just doesn't seem like he's being utilized correctly.
Not defending Miller but this makes no sense. You say here that he's getting point blank shots, dunks, and drawing fouls. Then you say that because he's missing those point blank shots he's not being utilized correctly. He isn't known to have the ability to hit jump shots. So how would you utilize him differently than point blank shots and dunks?

The issue isn't how he's being used, it's the rest of the offense. The other players on the team to a poor job of getting open looks and they tend to miss those when they do. This means the defense is able to concentrate on the interior players. TJD does have a problem hitting through contract. He's also rather one dimensional because of his currently limited skills. I don't think there's a better way to utilize him but the offense as a whole is pretty terrible right now.

Reactions: twenty02
have ever witnessed. All of the emotions attendant to Knight returning, ostensibly bridging the generations, a tribute to all that we are as a program, and Miller's kids get out hustled over and over again. What's more it's like watching a varsity vs. jv with the difference in ball movement. Miller should be completely embarrassed and ashamed. Anybody who still supports Miller at this point is completely devoid of rationality. This was a shame.
*were.

fwiw- The hyperbole of your title belies rationality. Do better.

Pssst ,, mention that Miller may be the cause of shooting woes and bad guard play due to micromanagement, basically he's in their heads and robbing them of confidence by making them over think instead of just play. Then point to him always interrupting our guards to give them instructions and how they play so passively as an example of why you believe that. But then also point out that our guards may actually need micromanaged (especially Green) to give it a bit of unbiased balance. Then use that to question why he's still playing Green. That's the biggest mystery.

Or something like that.

You know, "rational".

*were.

Pssst ,, mention that Miller may be the cause of shooting woes and bad guard play due to micromanagement, basically he's in their heads and robbing them of confidence by making them over think instead of just play. Then point to him always interrupting our guards to give them instructions and how they play so passively as an example of why you believe that. But then also point out that our guards may actually need micromanaged (especially Green) to give it a bit of unbiased balance. Then use that to question why he's still playing Green. That's the biggest mystery.

Or something like that.

You know, "rational".
Or psst: the kids don’t like him so they don’t try very hard. Or psst he just doesn’t know how to motivate kids. And maybe all your overthinking pedantic bs is just that, bs. You strike me as one of those guys who sits in a basement thinking about all sorts of esoteric crap, judging, but has never actually gotten out there and done shit in life. The consummate internet warrior. So listen chief, save your condescension. I’m quite certain I’ve done more than you’ll ever dream of doing. You are a pimple on my ass.

Now get some rest. You’re going to need your energy to keep defending miller. Life is based on results, not the minutiae of your bs post. He ain’t winnin. And that’s all that matters...If you’re too lost in the forest to see the trees that’s on you.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Or psst: the kids don’t like him so they don’t try very hard. Or psst he just doesn’t know how to motivate kids. And maybe all your overthinking pedantic bs is just that, bs. You strike me as one of those guys who sits in a basement thinking about all sorts of esoteric crap, judging, but has never actually gotten out there and done shit in life. The consummate internet warrior. So listen chief, save your condescension. I’m quite certain I’ve done more than you’ll ever dream of doing. You are a pimple on my ass.

Now get some rest. You’re going to need your energy to keep defending miller. Life is based on results, not the minutiae of your bs post. He ain’t winnin. And that’s all that matters...If you’re too lost in the forest to see the trees that’s on you.
See, that didn't come off as rational at all .. that stint in NCAA synchronized swimming gave you very little insight and your degree (from Trump U?) certainly didn't give you the critical thinking skills required to be rational.

You're nothing but a feeble minded hypocrite using a word you don't understand.

Do better ..

See, that didn't come off as rational at all .. that stint in NCAA synchronized swimming gave you very little insight and your degree (from Trump U?) certainly didn't give you the critical thinking skills required to be rational.

You're nothing but a feeble minded hypocrite using a word you don't understand.

Do better ..
Ha. I’ll private message you. You’d make a decent intern for me.

Fluffers have interns?

Who knew.

btw - pass.
Nah IU law grad. We like douche bags like you who get off on writing threatening letters. Internet warriors are ideally suited for it. You’d make a perfect intern.

*were.

Or something like that.

You know, "rational".

lol...you’re the gift that keeps on giving all year long

I just returned from the game...paid $200 outside AH for Sec. F row 10, a decent seat. Purdue looked more locked in, better tuned than IU with more discipline. They just seemed to have their act together, which comes down to coaching, I'm afraid. We played Purdue at the wrong time. They're peaking at the right time. It's one thing to lose to PU at home...that's bad enough but when you not only lose, but get taken behind your own woodshed and roughed up, that's really depressing. Then add in 20 years of waiting for Knight to return.... At no point after the initial 10 min. mark did I ever get a sense of IU being able to come back for a victory. Oh, sure, Purdue knew we would have a run in us somewhere in the second half but they always had an answer. Purdue looked pretty good. That Purdue's Williams kid is what DeRon Davis was supposed to look and play like by this time, his last season. That kid is huge and he's got a couple more years. Where does Purdu keep getting kids like this? For Williams and Haarms, we had no answer. Even that Hunter Jr. kid of theirs- the wiry one, was a surprise. The performance was disappointing.

That said, it was worth every penny to be there for Bob Knight. I choked up big time, but fortunately, didn't lose it entirely. The guy next to me told me the same thing. Wow, it was a special moment between Knight and all his faithful players. The stage was set. Then the team let us down by not competing against Purdue, and that's a double bite in the ass. Sadly, IU has now lost 8 or the last 9 against Purdue. That's a crock of "chit" in anyone's book. Archie hasn't beaten Purdue, yet, and it won't be happening in the return match at Mackey. That will make it three years of futility against our arch-rival.

Forgive me for rambling, but TJD does not have a nice touch around the rim. He has to learn to go up stronger while maintaining composure. He was over shooting the rock all afternoon. At least 6 of his points were point blank dunks. He needs to play with more finesse. He looks like he's over thinking it. Sure, he hit most of his free throws but he should have had more three point play opportunities than he did. It just doesn't seem like he's being utilized correctly. He usually ends up getting his points, but we can't depend upon him when we need him the most. I'm done until Thursday night, possibly another ugly sight.

It was a special moment indeed. We sit among mostly veteran fans who like us, were there through much of BK's tenure. Lots of welled up eyes.

Sad to see him in this condition and I suspect it (or Sat night in Indy where he was honored) may be the last time we see him in public.

Thank you Randy and Quinn...you done good.

the fact that Evan Budrauex got two offensive rebounds in crunch time told me everything I needed to know about our team.
Against us, Bridgette Bardeaux could have picked up those two rebounds, and if
the fact that Evan Budrauex got two offensive rebounds in crunch time told me everything I needed to know about our team.
Against us, Brigit Bardot could have taken those two rebounds, and she is 85 years old.

It was a special moment indeed. We sit among mostly veteran fans who like us, were there through much of BK's tenure. Lots of welled up eyes.

Sad to see him in this condition and I suspect it (or Sat night in Indy where he was honored) may be the last time we see him in public.

Thank you Randy and Quinn...you done good.
I imagine there were so many former players there because they all knew it would probably be the last time to personally and publicly thank their coach. I'm sure some couldn't be there for family, health, etc reasons but I also wonder who wasn't in attendance out of bitterness.

Bob Knight was the only reason I drove to the game without a ticket in hand. I haven't done that in years. Speaking of years, it was a bit sobering, too, to see some of these players I hadn't seen for such a long time. Some I hardly recognized and couldn't help but think of the passage of time, the ravages of time, if you will, that eventually befall of all, some sooner than others. Then to see Bob there in the hallway, coming around the corner at the prompting of Scotty May and "The Mighty Quinn", barely strong enough to walk, his brilliant mind gone forever...

I'm certainly glad IU fans were able to finally get a sense of closure. It would have been a travesty if he hadn't ever let go of the hurt. I imagine there would have been even greater applause for Knight, but if others were like me, I could barely clap for trying to "keep it together", all the emotion. He's been such a big part of my life...the untold hours of watching, the reading and the thinking. Then for others, they couldn't clap for trying to photo/video record it at the same time. It was a bit awkward, waiting in anticipation to see if they could talk Knight into saying a few words into a mic. That's okay though, as nothing really needed to be said that we couldn't already say in our hearts while seeing.

I later thanked the guy next to me who emphatically told me, "Don't leave your seat at halftime. You're not going to want to miss it." I didn't. I couldn't.

I imagine there were so many former players there because they all knew it would probably be the last time to personally and publicly thank their coach. I'm sure some couldn't be there for family, health, etc reasons but I also wonder who wasn't in attendance out of bitterness.

Bob Knight was the only reason I drove to the game without a ticket in hand. I haven't done that in years. Speaking of years, it was a bit sobering, too, to see some of these players I hadn't seen for such a long time. Some I hardly recognized and couldn't help but think of the passage of time, the ravages of time, if you will, that eventually befall of all, some sooner than others. Then to see Bob there in the hallway, coming around the corner at the prompting of Scotty May and "The Mighty Quinn", barely strong enough to walk, his brilliant mind gone forever...

I'm certainly glad IU fans were able to finally get a sense of closure. It would have been a travesty if he hadn't ever let go of the hurt. I imagine there would have been even greater applause for Knight, but if others were like me, I could barely clap for trying to "keep it together", all the emotion. He's been such a big part of my life...the untold hours of watching, the reading and the thinking. Then for others, they couldn't clap for trying to photo/video record it at the same time. It was a bit awkward, waiting in anticipation to see if they could talk Knight into saying a few words into a mic. That's okay though, as nothing really needed to be said that we couldn't already say in our hearts while seeing.

I later thanked the guy next to me who emphatically told me, "Don't leave your seat at halftime. You're not going to want to miss it." I didn't. I couldn't.

BK's last words on the floor of TAH...

"Play Defense"

Reactions: mathboy
You must not really pay attention..
I've watched since 1975..
I've seen worse games...Its not all on Miller.
Some yes ..But not all..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT