ADVERTISEMENT

In almost half a century of watching sports this is the single worst game I

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
have ever witnessed. All of the emotions attendant to Knight returning, ostensibly bridging the generations, a tribute to all that we are as a program, and Miller's kids get out hustled over and over again. What's more it's like watching a varsity vs. jv with the difference in ball movement. Miller should be completely embarrassed and ashamed. Anybody who still supports Miller at this point is completely devoid of rationality. This was a shame.

I’m checking out myself.
I personally think it’s the BS “Student bill of Rights” that not one other school ever adopted Sir Glass.
I don’t see any coach being successful at IU until it’s erased.

I was on a text chat with a bunch of my law school friends. We're all done after today. This was absolutely ridiculous. Enough is enough. Miller needs to be fired. He should be fired tonight.

Karmas a bitch Glass this one bit u in your ass you thought you’d b the hero and bring knight back for a big win screw u Glass

And the clown who oversaw this mess is fleeing in a couple months to avoid taking accountability.

I was on a text chat with a bunch of my law school friends. We're all done after today. This was absolutely ridiculous. Enough is enough. Miller needs to be fired. He should be fired tonight.
I mentioned the apathy for this program that is growing every day. Plenty of people are mad, but a number of people I talk to just don’t care that much anymore. It’s no longer a special program.

I’m checking out myself.
I personally think it’s the BS “Student bill of Rights” that not one other school ever adopted Sir Glass.c
I don’t see any coach being successful at IU until it’s erased.
Could be but Miller absolutely sucks. He simply cannot get kids to play harder than the other team. Hell Knight showed more energy in his compromised, geriatric condition than any of these kids. Miller cannot motive kids. He needs to go. The sooner the better. If he's back next year I don't know a single person with an IQ north of 70 that will support him. Today was a disgrace.

Last edited:
It took a bunch of law school guys this long to figure out that Archie needs to be fired? I guess its true that your level of education is not indicative of your level of intelligence.

It took a bunch of law school guys this long to figure out that Archie needs to be fired? I guess its true that your level of education is not indicative of your level of intelligence.

LOL - Apparently so, sadly.

Last edited:
I want us to win badly but i dont have much emotion anymore. I mostly watch with a num feeling knowing we could lose every game i watch.
If these kids can't win more the majority of 50/50 balls on a day like today why on Earth would we support the program. The only way to support the program now is to hold back athletic donations until Miller is out.

Reactions: IUgradman
I mentioned the apathy for this program that is growing every day. Plenty of people are mad, but a number of people I talk to just don’t care that much anymore. It’s no longer a special program.

I haven't cared for a few years now.

I haven't cared for a few years now.
I think you’re among a growing group of fans who are checking out, somewhat slowly but certainly surely. ought Miller was a good hire and I’ve said here many times that he’ll get five years to sink or swim, but this team isn’t very good, and he’s the guy who runs the show. Anger is one thing, but apathy is far worse, and that’s where IU is headed more and more, every day.

I think you’re among a growing group of fans who are checking out, somewhat slowly but certainly surely. ought Miller was a good hire and I’ve said here many times that he’ll get five years to sink or swim, but this team isn’t very good, and he’s the guy who runs the show. Anger is one thing, but apathy is far worse, and that’s where IU is headed more and more, every day.

They kept Crean too long and I stopped caring. Miller, like you said, seemed like a decent hire. Not working out AT ALL. I wonder if Glass will let loose with some more snarky comments about $1 donors, etc.? He should fire Archie today and then himself the minute after.

I'm nearly 50 and am a lifelong die hard fan, too.

They kept Crean too long and I stopped caring. Miller, like you said, seemed like a decent hire. Not working out AT ALL. I wonder if Glass will let loose with some more snarky comments about $1 donors, etc.? He should fire Archie today and then himself the minute after.

Agreed on all fronts. Today was beyond embarrassing. Miller should be fired tonight. Can you imagine the temerity it would take to get on the phones next week calling for $. F off. Among my crowd the only calls we would entertain are we're raising money for a new coach.

I would think Glass would recognize the value of tiptoeing out the door. He’s done some good work at IU and there has been success in certain sports, but basketball still reigns as the front door sport, and it hasn’t been fixed. He may think it unfair to pin the mediocrity on his chest, bit he’s the guy who publicly reinforced the expectations, and they’re not being met.

If these kids can't win more the majority of 50/50 balls on a day like today why on Earth would we support the program. The only way to support the program now is to hold back athletic donations until Miller is out.
Agreed but it wont be for two more years

I would think Glass would recognize the value of tiptoeing out the door. He’s done some good work at IU and there has been success in certain sports, but basketball still reigns as the front door sport, and it hasn’t been fixed. He may think it unfair to pin the mediocrity on his chest, bit he’s the guy who publicly reinforced the expectations, and they’re not being met.

We haven't truly been a good program since before I graduated in 1994. That's over 25 years ago! At some point, people stop giving a shit.

F—k Glass he thought he’s b MR IU hero and bring Knight back for a lock win against Purdue he’s a total clown

There will be pressure after today. Today was a disgrace.
There might be some pressure, but nothing is going to happen. I think he gets five years, but I’ll acknowledge that a new AD may not want to wait that long. Apathy will continue to set in, though, and that will probably buy him some time. Wait until the thousands of empty seats start sprouting all over AH.

There might be some pressure, but nothing is going to happen. I think he gets five years, but I’ll acknowledge that a new AD may not want to wait that long. Apathy will continue to set in, though, and that will probably buy him some time. Wait until the thousands of empty seats start sprouting all over AH.

I think the new AD will give him another year which buys him (or her) some time before they are accountable. If you think Miller isn't up to the task probably the WORST thing that could happen is him having a pretty good year next year which would buy him a couple more years.

I think it's safe to say Archie has lost any good will the fans still had for him with this performance today.

I don’t think it’s safe to say that at all. It’s amazing how impenetrable his supporters are...as if redemption is always waiting around the corner and we just need to patiently await it...lest we get a reputation as a program that cuts bait too quickly.

These people have long defined the culture of our program. And look where that’s gotten us.

The only way Archie isn’t coaching next year is if he resigns. And maybe that ought to be what people call for. It’s really rare for coaches to resign with time left on their contracts, though.

I’ve basically come to accept that we’re going to have to sit through another year of this awfulness.

Reactions: mk23 and Radio Zero
Well it's February again, and this is like watching the movie 'Groundhog Day" except the movie ending doesn't change. This is the same thing we lived through last year. Lost 4 in a row with no evidence of ability to beat anyone left on the Schedule. Could easily close the regular season 0-12, with one and done in the Conference Tournament.
The only thing that will save Miller this year is the fact that we don't have a new permanent Athletic Director in place, and the Administration may not want to saddle the new guy with a Coach he didn't hire. With Glass History of hiring Coaches, that may be a good thing.

The only way Archie isn’t coaching next year is if he resigns. And maybe that ought to be what people call for. It’s really rare for coaches to resign with time left on their contracts, though.

I’ve basically come to accept that we’re going to have to sit through another year of this awfulness.
I still believe we’ll be sitting through two more years, but time will tell. I think it’s clear that he’s over his head, but I also acknowledge that plenty of IU fans are okay with where we are and aren’t particularly upset or concerned.

This is true, unfortunately.

I don't see that the players coming back next year are going to improve so dramatically that it will make a difference. Rob, if healthy, can be better and I'm encouraged by Hunter's potential. TJD is a given. Outside of that? Meh.

The recruits won't be saviors. I doubt there's a transfer who can contribute.

So how do we do any better than these last two years? I'm not seeing it. The smoke pumpers and there-has-to-be-a-pony-under-that-pile-of-crap crowd might, but they're delusional.

We've talked a lot about a commitment to excellence, with accountability and responsibility. That's now in the rear view mirror and retreating exponentially.

I'm calling some Nebraska football fans and we'll be drinking Woodford and, in a sad and pathetic scene, we'll be remembering the good ol' days.

This is true, unfortunately.

I don't see that the players coming back next year are going to improve so dramatically that it will make a difference. Rob, if healthy, can be better and I'm encouraged by Hunter's potential. TJD is a given. Outside of that? Meh.

The recruits won't be saviors. I doubt there's a transfer who can contribute.

So how do we do any better than these last two years? I'm not seeing it. The smoke pumpers and there-has-to-be-a-pony-under-that-pile-of-crap crowd might, but they're delusional.

We've talked a lot about a commitment to excellence, with accountability and responsibility. That's now in the rear view mirror and retreating exponentially.

I'm calling some Nebraska football fans and we'll be drinking Woodford and, in a sad and pathetic scene, we'll be remembering the good ol' days.
Sometimes a triggering event is needed. Today was beyond awful. With so many alums in attendance, Cuban, the players, Knight - just how bad Miller is will resonate after today's debacle. The guy simply cannot motivate kids to play harder than their opponents. He doesn't deserve another game, much less year. And who cares who is coming back next year if he's coming back. It really is groundhog day.

Reactions: mk23 and IUgradman
Sometimes a triggering event is needed. Today was beyond awful. With so many alums in attendance, Cuban, the players, Knight - just how bad Miller is will resonate after today's debacle. The guy simply cannot motivate kids to play harder than their opponents. He doesn't deserve another game, much less year. And who cares who is coming back next year if he's coming back. It really is groundhog day.
He sure doesnt but the iu admins dont care and we will be sitting through this garbage another two years. Ill be relegated to watching iu you tube vidoes from the 90s.

He sure doesnt but the iu admins dont care and we will be sitting through this garbage another two years. Ill be relegated to watching iu you tube vidoes from the 90s.
The IU Admin is distinct from the folks writing checks...And with as often as they reach out for $ it's not in their benefit to piss off the alums. Today was the worst showing by any team I have ever witnessed in light of the circumstances. It was truly pathetic.

Like it or not, he has another year.

You guys don’t really care what mark cuban & sage steele think do you?
Do we care what a billion dollar alum thinks? Uh yes. And that's not the point of today. The point is that this was a watershed moment for the program and our worthless coach couldn't even get his players to rise to the occasion. Shots miss. It happens. But Purdue obviously moved the ball infinitely better than us, but they also hustled more than we did - and that is inexcusable at home under the circumstances.

Do we care what a billion dollar alum thinks? Uh yes. And that's not the point of today. The point is that this was a watershed moment for the program and our worthless coach couldn't even get his players to rise to the occasion. Shots miss. It happens. But Purdue obviously moved the ball infinitely better than us, but they also hustled more than we did - and that is inexcusable at home under the circumstances.

the fact that Evan Budrauex got two offensive rebounds in crunch time told me everything I needed to know about our team.

Like it or not, he has another year.
You don't know that for certain. Aloha you are nothing short of a hero, but even you cannot support Miller at this point. Today was disgraceful.
the fact that Evan Budrauex got two offensive rebounds in crunch time told me everything I needed to know about our team.
Exactly. Get a proven, big time coach in here next year and pay him $8 million a year; or get an unproven coach in here and pay him $800,000 a year. Anybody but Miller....

Reactions: mk23 and IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT