ADVERTISEMENT

Immunity decision dropped!

This decision is obvious and was easily predictable. The trial court, appellate court, and the Supreme Court dissents obviously focused on Trump, not on the straightforward immunity question. The dissent is nonsense . She either doesn’t understand immunity or feels compelled to oppose Trump no matter what. Even money on which.

Gender gap at play? All the judges who found no immunity at all are women.

That’s routine stuff. Examining a public official’s motives when taking discretionary actions is off limits except in very rare circumstances. The test must be only objective.
Then why is motive always discussed in cases like the documents case?

All I've heard here from the libs is how it's his motive that matters. Conversely, they claim Biden didn't really mean to keep the docs.

I’m not reading anything hard now. So let me guess and tell me where wrong

Official acts immunity. Private acts no immunity. Sent down to try which won’t happen before election. If it gets tried judge will decide what acts have immunity and it will go back up again for the s.Ct. to decide on those acts

?????

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Sure sounds like the NY case is dead too as Merchan never did the factual analysis for what is and what isn't a Presidential act before going to trial which this decision requires.

So is this the trigger that we need to tape all of the windows shut above the 2nd floor? Put a bunch of pillows around all high rise buildings?

I’m not reading anything hard now. So let me guess and tell me where wrong

Official acts immunity. Private acts no immunity. Sent down to try which won’t happen before election. If it gets tried judge will decide what acts have immunity and it will go back up again for the s.Ct. to decide on those acts

?????
I only read the syllabus, but you are right except for one thing: the court distinguished between two types of official acts: core constitutional responsibilities, which get absolute immunity, and other official acts, which get "at least" presumptive immunity.

I only read the syllabus, but you are right except for one thing: the court distinguished between two types of official acts: core constitutional responsibilities, which get absolute immunity, and other official acts, which get "at least" presumptive immunity.
So may help in dc (subject to interpretation /rebuttable blah blah). no help to docs case

So may help in dc (subject to interpretation /rebuttable blah blah). no help to docs case
The DC cases are garbage and should be dead without immunity. SCOTUS knocked out the Sarbanes Oxley charge. The KKK voter fraud charge hasn’t been litigated yet, but that also makes no sense. The documents case is interesting. It’s criminal, not civil. The DOJ could have gone the civil route for document recovery, but no. It went criminal. Trump has defenses that Biden and Hillary did not have. Immunity will be an issue.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The DC cases are garbage and should be dead without immunity. SCOTUS knocked out the Sarbanes Oxley charge. The KKK voter fraud charge hasn’t been litigated yet, but that also makes no sense. The documents case is interesting. It’s criminal, not civil. The DOJ could have gone the civil route for document recovery, but no. It went criminal. Trump has defenses that Biden and Hillary did not have. Immunity will be an issue.
Cannon will dismiss. Thomas gave the signal.

I imagine if Trump wins he’ll test the immunity ruling over and over. Thanks SCOTUS for making it easier for a conman to con.
Should SCOTUS have made a special Trump rule? It took the high road and wrote about immunity for any office holder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT