ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sure we will get at every school this happens yada yada

So you don't think colleges should help students be aware of the dangers?

Not sure I want to know why.
The fact that its happening at 3 to 4 times higher than NORMAL is just f*cked up. I don't consider that normal behavior. Who does that sh!t?

The fact that its happening at 3 to 4 times higher than NORMAL is just f*cked up. I don't consider that normal behavior. Who does that sh!t?
Indiana has a reputation that attracts the wrong type of people IMO. I don't have any children nearing college age (oldest is middle school) and I don't have any daughters, however, I would probably think twice about sending my hypothetical teenage daughter to IU. Bloomington is not the city we remember and I think I69 is going to make it worse and the party culture on campus attracts people who are just as, if not more, interested in that as they are an education....

Just my 2 pennies, I don't think the school has been run well since before I attended in the late 90's/early 2000's (when the school was earning some of that party reputation).

Reactions: Lucy01
Indiana has a reputation that attracts the wrong type of people IMO. I don't have any children nearing college age (oldest is middle school) and I don't have any daughters, however, I would probably think twice about sending my hypothetical teenage daughter to IU. Bloomington is not the city we remember and I think I69 is going to make it worse and the party culture on campus attracts people who are just as, if not more, interested in that as they are an education....

Just my 2 pennies, I don't think the school has been run well since before I attended in the late 90's/early 2000's (when the school was earning some of that party reputation).
You can go alot further back than that. Damn my friends that went there back in the early 80"s...The SAE house...That sh!t was crazy, its like you stepped onto a different planet.

However, never once did I see any of the sh!t in the article. I never heard about it from anyone. My daughter went there last year when it was basically a military zone and locked down. She transferred to Purdue. She hated the overall feel of Bloomington, especially all the idiot BLM sh!t. Her brothers, both MMA guys, would handle that business big time if anything happened to her. Surprised we don't hear about more retaliation in regards to these rapes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

Freaking East coasters. Started in the mid to late 90's. Suddenly there were all these people from New Jersey/New York. I remenber thinking, "why?".

Reactions: ulrey
Freaking East coasters. Started in the mid to late 90's. Suddenly there were all these people from New Jersey/New York. I remenber thinking, "why?".
They probably have more money than you Indiana hoosiers. Full tuition. You have a teen daughter. No red cups. Only bottles she never lets go of and opens herself. Sad.

They probably have more money than you Indiana hoosiers. Full tuition. You have a teen daughter. No red cups. Only bottles she never lets go of and opens herself. Sad.

Oh I get that. But why would you look at southern Indiana and go "that's where I want to be" when you've got the entire eastern seaboard at your fingertips. Never made sense to me.

Oh I get that. But why would you look at southern Indiana and go "that's where I want to be" when you've got the entire eastern seaboard at your fingertips. Never made sense to me.
Idyllic college town. Chapel Hill and UCLA are the only two schools I would pick over IU based on campus and great college town etc. And I've been to over a 100. And if you want a safe small town where your kid isn't driving hard to beat IU. Plus admission isn't difficult

Indiana has a really attractive business school and those midwestern out of state prices are not too bad if you are looking for a degree with cachet when compared to schools in the northeast.

Also legacy kids from those with IU degrees who moved to the bigger cities. Their parents may have been Hoosiers at one point too.

Indiana has a really attractive business school and those midwestern out of state prices are not too bad if you are looking for a degree with cachet when compared to schools in the northeast.

Also legacy kids from those with IU degrees who moved to the bigger cities. Their parents may have been Hoosiers at one point too.
I just remember meeting a girl named Dawn from New Jersey and it's the only time I've asked somebody named Dawn to repeat their first name b/c I sincerely thought she said Dujuan or Dwon. It was a simpler time.

I don't think the school has been run well since before I attended in the late 90's/early 2000's (when the school was earning some of that party reputation).

Frat boys gonna frat.

IU has always been a "party school" but that got a huge boost after Breaking Away and the Little 500 weekends for several years thereafter. It culminated in the Varsity Villa riots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT