ADVERTISEMENT

I'm impressed

NT, other than saying we look so much better than last year.
Other than the penalties, which some were questionable, this team is the most confident, poised, and focused IU team I can remember seeing. Mallory’s teams were good, but they had a ceiling and this team feels like it can keep getting better.

I watched their first game and the strides they’ve made in 3 weeks is phenomenal.

Other than the penalties, which some were questionable, this team is the most confident, poised, and focused IU team I can remember seeing. Mallory’s teams were good, but they had a ceiling and this team feels like it can keep getting better.

I watched their first game and the strides they’ve made in 3 weeks is phenomenal.
Bring it...coaches will have them ready

I deposited a, to me, very sizable amount just two hours before the first game on a new for me site so I could get the largest possible first bet match for the tap-in IU over 5,5 wins wager. Two hours of @##%% with their shitty cell tower verification app and it never accepted it.

I'm such a dumbass. Planned to make that bet for two months. 'What a stupid I am'. Got a much smaller amount on a different site in a last minute try where I had a few bucks there. I never had registered for any sports bets sites, one happened to be from poker a few years ago. Live and learn. At least I got it figured out. But will probably withdraw most of my new deposit, it was for one specific bet, don't plan to piss it away.

Last edited:
Pretty cool we got that big of a result with 127 yards of penalties. I’m sure those will get cut down as the team gets experience and the staff addresses the individual issues.
We were pretty far from the action, but what was the deal with the two roughing calls?

1 was a sack and the other they hit him as he threw. Like, isn’t a sack supposed to be rough?

For the record, I don't bet...but I'm thinking I should. Got my degree in 1998, saw a lot of Levron and Antwan. I'm a die-hard fan of both basketball and football (and soccer for you weirdos)
So did you ever expect IU football to have a better start than IU soccer-in any year? Todd and the boys struggling a bit.

We were pretty far from the action, but what was the deal with the two roughing calls?

1 was a sack and the other they hit him as he threw. Like, isn’t a sack supposed to be rough?
The first one was back luck — had a hand up to block the pass and on the follow through his hand/forearm hit the QB on the head (which was harmless).

Second one was a form tackle for a sack, I have no idea what the issue was and no one else seems to either. Maybe driving the QB into the ground? But that of course is what a tackle is.

The first one was back luck — had a hand up to block the pass and on the follow through his hand/forearm hit the QB on the head (which was harmless).

Second one was a form tackle for a sack, I have no idea what the issue was and no one else seems to either. Maybe driving the QB into the ground? But that of course is what a tackle is.
On the second one the qb spun around right as he got there and their face masks touched. Again it was just incidental contact.

Yes Carr landing on the QB was the only possible foul … most impressed how the D responded … didn’t allow any points.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Heard him in the interview say that Indiana is his 'last stop' (or something in that vein)...he's 63...so it could make sense...

just a random comment
Just Coach talk. This will be his last stop until some program offers him more money than he can refuse. I would love for him to stay and finish out his career if we keep playing like we are right now. Would love to be able to build him a Statue in the future and claim him as the winningest Coach in IU history! Hopefully the Football Gods will shine on us and give us a break! VBG!
Go Hoosiers!!

Pretty cool we got that big of a result with 127 yards of penalties. I’m sure those will get cut down as the team gets experience and the staff addresses the individual issues.
Do you really think all of those penalties were legit? For example, sacking the
QB was roughing????

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
The one where our DT was tossed was just bad luck..horrible snap to qb’s right, qb bends down to pick it up from the ground. When he bends down, his head/helmet go down. Meanwhile, our guy whipped his OL so bad (love saying that), he was zeroed in on the ball and the DT’s helmet hit the now bent down qb’s. Sucked, especially because ucla was already at the line ready to go, but the way they call it these days, not much chance that one wasn’t going to be enforced.

Fisher’s pick? If they’re going to be so subjective and go overboard calling it, why not just make the rule to include the side of the ball carrier’s helmet? The WR clearly USED THE CROWN OF HIS to lower the boom on Fisher.

The almost sack (iu defender hits qb arm, ball and barely grazes mask with his hand) and the totally legit sack by Carr, need serious reviewing by the rules committee. Absolutely no malice, no intent, unavoidable and both plays played exactly how they should by the defender save
for some weak incidental contact.
Just a crapy rule that has gone WAY TOO overboard and gotten, again as Todd Blackledge mentioned, too subjective. For you younger folks reading, guess what position Blackledge played??? Quarterback!!! Even he thought both those were ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT