ADVERTISEMENT

If we keep playing like this, we could win out...

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
...great effort/hustle tonight, good defense, lots of assists, good rebounding, limited turnovers. Everybody seemed locked in and concentrating. Played smart, opportunistic basketball. Very few ill-advised shots.

Think we have found our starting five:

Morgan
McSwain
McRoberts
Johnson
Green

Don't know why Hartman came back, he's given this team pretty much nothing. With all the injuries he's had (again tonight?), he should think about his health in his future years.

Ohio st and Nebraska will be tough to beat. I think it's a toss up on both of those. We win out and win 2 in the BTT then I think we are at least a bubble team I don' care what anybody says. We may not make it in though.

Don't know why Hartman came back, he's given this team pretty much nothing. With all the injuries he's had (again tonight?), he should think about his health in his future years.[/QUOTE]

I’m not so sure he has given pretty much nothing. I think he has probably been a great teammate and has encouraged his teammates in their development.

Ohio st and Nebraska will be tough to beat. I think it's a toss up on both of those. We win out and win 2 in the BTT then I think we are at least a bubble team I don' care what anybody says. We may not make it in though.

20-12 with wins over Notre dame and OSU, eh? Typically 11-7 is a lock for the tourney but not when you get blasted by ISU and Ft. Wayne. It appears that Nebraska could possibly finish 4th in the Big Ten because 4 of their last 5 are home games. But one of those is IU. If Indiana wins that game it would be another quality road win. But Michigan will have to falter.

Nebraska will need to finish ahead of Michigan and then IU would need to win out AND beat Michigan in the tourney to have a chance. But even then Michigan has better non-conference wins.

All said and done, there is a chance, but only if IU is the clear 5th pick out of the Big Ten.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT