ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't get him, everyone should ask for their NIL money back

Biggest no brainer of the off season. Give him a million

I'd rather give JaKobi Gillespie from Belmont $700,000, and keep the change.

Per 40M for Mack: 20.2 pts, 4.9 rebs, 5.8 assists, 1.6 steals, 3.1 TOs, shooting .456 on 2s. .341 on 3s, and .813 on FTs

Per 40M for Gillespi: 21.9 pts, 4.8 rebs, 5.4 assists, 2.2 steals, 3.1 TOs, while shooting .660 on 2s, .387 on 3s, .831 on FTs

Gillespie's played 2 years, Mack 1, so Mack might have the higher upside? But I imagine Belmont's competition is slightly better?

I'd rather give JaKobi Gillespie from Belmont $700,000, and keep the change.

Per 40M for Mack: 20.2 pts, 4.9 rebs, 5.8 assists, 1.6 steals, 3.1 TOs, shooting .456 on 2s. .341 on 3s, and .813 on FTs

Per 40M for Gillespi: 21.9 pts, 4.8 rebs, 5.4 assists, 2.2 steals, 3.1 TOs, while shooting .660 on 2s, .387 on 3s, .831 on FTs

Gillespie's played 2 years, Mack 1, so Mack might have the higher upside? But I imagine Belmont's competition is slightly better?
Let’s get both and have some competition. I am one that does not want to see Galloway leal or Cupps starting next year. Low ceiling if that’s the case.

Has Zeke Mayo from SDSU entered the portal yet?

If we can't get someone like Mack, Mayo, Gillespi, etc... then you're right, Cuban and company should pull their money back until we have a coaching change.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Let’s get both and have some competition. I am one that does not want to see Galloway leal or Cupps starting next year. Low ceiling if that’s the case.
If we're relying on them the same way we did this year...bubble ceiling. And that's IF Woody is able to pull some talent in other areas like the Tucker kid, or some higher level wing/big transfers.

We won't improve with just shooting simply because we're losing our rim protector and our best guard defender in X. We also need 2 way players in a bad way. Although averaging 16+ pts and shooting a high 3p% is great, that alone will keep us an average (at best) B1G team again. We need to get players who can shut down the opposing team. Ace Baldwins defense alone made him a valuable player so show me a guy who's locking down the star player of another team.

If we are sitting here laughing at the idea that IU will find a team of those guys through the portal, then that tells us everything we need to know about the expiration of this coaching staff.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You might be saying this sarcastically, but I'll bite. I think he meant don't spend NIL money on the players this staff is recruiting. It'll be a waste of money. Save it and put it towards players the NEXT coach is recruiting.
Ah, yes I guess it could be read that way.

I'd say Malik Mack is worth getting regardless of who is coaching. And nearly any coach would want him.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Why? So the mismanaged athletic departments get it all? I’m all for shopping your skills. Get yours while you can. It’s already helped guys like a TJD. Hell even Edey.
because it's now come down to schools buying a team

I know, UK and others have done it for years but now that just about anything goes.....

it's not the way it should be

Why? So the mismanaged athletic departments get it all? I’m all for shopping your skills. Get yours while you can. It’s already helped guys like a TJD. Hell even Edey.
It's very simple to me. We need a coaching staff who knows what the hell they're doing, recruit good high school players who want to represent Indiana University, and while they're at it, work towards getting a degree. Screw these primi donnas and their blood sucking agents who only care about making the "league ". Let them make the league on someone else's dime.

I know, UK and others have done it for years but now that just about anything goes.....

Stop living in fantasy land. It’s been this way. Hell every top blueblood has been buying. We did too just not as good at it.

Reactions: nichlee
It's very simple to me. We need a coaching staff who knows what the hell they're doing, recruit good high school players who want to represent Indiana University, and while they're at it, work towards getting a degree. Screw these primi donnas and their blood sucking agents who only care about making the "league ". Let them make the league on someone else's dime.
I’ll agree on the first sentence. The rest is bs.

Anyone have player metrics for Gallo? Why should he not be a starter? I see energy, hustle, defense, and some ability to get shots when the "offense" breaks down. Kid was the only leader on the team this season.

No it isn't. Only teams that want to fill a roster that way have to.

No team with a tenured coach should need to fill 8 (or 7) spots from the portal.

It's a recipe for disaster over the long term. Portal will have a lot less activity as the COVID years dry up. Only a handful of teams will be able to buy rosters and that will be a crapshoot most years.

just because it's been this way doesn't make it right
and just because you say it's wrong, doesn't mean it is. You have to define why it's wrong in order to prove your point.

The entire premise of the game changing is because it has been wrong for decades and decades and those wrongs are now all being undone at one time. Therefore, to you, it feels wrong because it looks like the chaotic mess that it is. Had the NCAA not been a communist-like organization ruling with an iron fist over the previous 6 decades, there could've been a much smoother process to get where we are today. Money turned them evil and they convinced you so well that anything to the contrary is bad.....without even being able to define it.

The idea of how it was in the 1980's is how it should be today, is logic based on a faulty foundation of your own majestical thinking. Dig into it more and you will see that what you enjoyed was propped up with a fraudulent system because there was money to be had at the expense of others.

and just because you say it's wrong, doesn't mean it is. You have to define why it's wrong in order to prove your point.

The entire premise of the game changing is because it has been wrong for decades and decades and those wrongs are now all being undone at one time. Therefore, to you, it feels wrong because it looks like the chaotic mess that it is. Had the NCAA not been a communist-like organization ruling with an iron fist over the previous 6 decades, there could've been a much smoother process to get where we are today. Money turned them evil and they convinced you so well that anything to the contrary is bad.....without even being able to define it.

The idea of how it was in the 1980's is how it should be today, is logic based on a faulty foundation of your own majestical thinking. Dig into it more and you will see that what you enjoyed was propped up with a fraudulent system because there was money to be had at the expense of others.
I'm not against guys getting paid

and I think the NCAA is bunch of morons for letting things evolve into such a clusterfvck

I don't know what the answer is but guys commanding millions (while others get little or next to nothing) before they even step on the field is ridiculous

Anyone have player metrics for Gallo? Why should he not be a starter? I see energy, hustle, defense, and some ability to get shots when the "offense" breaks down. Kid was the only leader on the team this season.
Fine with him starting, but not as a lead 2 guard like last year. Put him as the 3rd guard in a lineup with Tony Perkins and Jalen Blackmon and you might have something.

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and T.M.P.
I'm not against guys getting paid

and I think the NCAA is bunch of morons for letting things evolve into such a clusterfvck

I don't know what the answer is but guys commanding millions (while others get little or next to nothing) before they even step on the field is ridiculous
Most guys are going to find out real quick they ain’t sniffing a million dollars once they enter the portal. They may be promised or sold on a million dollars, but only a handful of players in college basketball are making a legitimate million dollars through donor funded collectives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT