ADVERTISEMENT

If Troy stays....

IUFan4Lifer

Redshirt
Nov 5, 2010
He has potential to be a lottery pick in 2017. We all know he could make an NBA team this year. But another year of development and a deep run in the tournament will set him for life, financially, imho.

Well, if he can shoot threes like he did against UNC, consistently, then he could move up significantly to a lottery pick. Also, he was pretty good at not turning over the ball the last 7-8 games of the season, so perhaps he could do that consistently. Otherwise he will remain a second rounder. I think the odds are against him improving much, considering how little he improved between sophomore and junior year.

Reactions: 76hoosiers
If he dedicates himself to emulating Good Troy, and is able to avoid his propensity for tunnel vision, then he could most definitely become a lottery pick. It's ultimately up to him. His overall basketball IQ is what's hindering him, at this point. That and a consistent outside shot. I've noticed that on D, he gets caught watching his man, playing very reactionary, which even with his speed and length, gets him into trouble. He needs to be more proactive with his positioning and spacing. He obviously has the speed and hops to be a lock down defender, but unfortunately right now he's average to above average at times.

Seldom, but not impossible. Kaminsky last year, Brice Johnson is a senior this year right? Hield from Oklahoma

Agreed. He has the "talent" to be as good as those guys, but skill is different than talent. Skill is developed whereas talent is genetic. He is a sleeping giant, whether or not he ever fully awakens is on him.

Well, if he can shoot threes like he did against UNC, consistently, then he could move up significantly to a lottery pick. Also, he was pretty good at not turning over the ball the last 7-8 games of the season, so perhaps he could do that consistently. Otherwise he will remain a second rounder. I think the odds are against him improving much, considering how little he improved between sophomore and junior year.
Not quite sure why you are saying Troy did well with turnovers. He had 3 Turnovers against NC, 4 against UK, and 4 against Chatt. Not exactly stellar imo but maybe your expectations are different.

He has potential to be a lottery pick in 2017. We all know he could make an NBA team this year. But another year of development and a deep run in the tournament will set him for life, financially, imho.
He is not going anywhere. Kent sterling says he has no choice but to come back.

Not quite sure why you are saying Troy did well with turnovers. He had 3 Turnovers against NC, 4 against UK, and 4 against Chatt. Not exactly stellar imo but maybe your expectations are different.

I didn't realize it was that many. I'm guessing many of those were in the first half, which is his usual trend. In fairness to him though, he was playing point forward for long stretches in the tournament, even when Yogi was in the game.

I have mixed feelings about him returning. I don't want him to take away playing time from OG and Morgan.

Johnson, Blackmon, OG, Davis, Bryant and Hartman as the 6th man.

My gut tells me a couple of things...

1. Janko's ain't what it used to be.
2. Troy is leaving (ready or not).

My "gut" batts about .500.

My gut tells me a couple of things...

1. Janko's ain't what it used to be.
2. Troy is leaving (ready or not).

My "gut" batts about .500.
My gut thought he was leaving a few weeks ago but my gut now says he is staying. He is going to want to be a part of this next year! Expect an announcement in the next 1-3 days imo.

My gut thought he was leaving a few weeks ago but my gut now says he is staying. He is going to want to be a part of this next year! Expect an announcement in the next 1-3 days imo.

Well then...Janko's steaks aren't as good as they used to be...;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT