ADVERTISEMENT

"If [Jackson`s] not a different QB now than in Spring...

I agree with you on Bell. I said from Day 1 that I thought Bell was the beginning of the end for CTA. It just did not make any sense to me why he was hired. And if he fails again this year and is fired, who will want to take the OC job under CTA?

However, I do believe we have recruited QB very well during the CTA era.

Penix 4*
Tuttle 4*
McCulley 4*
Bazelak 4*
Jackson 4*
Sorsby 3*
Ramsey *2 but played like 4*

We do get highly rated QBs to come here, we just don't know how to develop them.

Just to compare, Brohmbardi got ZERO 4* QBs. But he did turn a walk-on into an NFL draft pick.
that was pre-rated tell me your final grades

Reactions: vesuvius13
that was pre-rated tell me your final grades
Penix played like a 5* at UW under Deboer.
Ramsey played like a 3* or 4* in 2019 w/ Deboer.

Baz got worse under Bell compared to Mizzou. We'll see how he plays under someone else.
Tuttle never developed his potential. He won't get a shot at UM either.

McCulley didn't want even to play QB anymore.

Sorsby and Jackson are inconclusive. We'll see what the staff can do with their potential. Hopefully they aren't wasted at IU like the others.

#15 is Sorsby.
I think he’s insinuating that since Sorsby threw the pass and the video has been taken down, the starter is not Sorsby.
I thought he was insinuating that since the video was taken down, the starter IS Sorsby

Baz got worse under Bell compared to Mizzou. We'll see how he plays under someone else.

Sorsby and Jackson are inconclusive. We'll see what the staff can do with their potential. Hopefully they aren't wasted at IU like the others.
i think Baz just ended up super frustrated getting killed physically. His regression, to me, looked like a guy who didn’t “have” the team and just gave up at some point with the beating he took.

And whatever you say about him, he led them down for the game winning score against Illinois, who turned out to be not terrible.

I thought he was insinuating that since the video was taken down, the starter IS Sorsby

i think Baz just ended up super frustrated getting killed physically. His regression, to me, looked like a guy who didn’t “have” the team and just gave up at some point with the beating he took.

And whatever you say about him, he led them down for the game winning score against Illinois, who turned out to be not terrible.
He was really beat up by the middle of the season, and we were asking him to stand back there and take a ton of shots.

Reactions: grammy2 and TMFT

I really question why there are so many 4* even given out. It used to if you're a 4 or 5* you're damn good and going to play. I think Tuttle is in it to become a coach now (just speculation). McCulley should not have been a 4. I hope he has learned the WR position after one year. Now that's two non productive years with him. Penix and Ramsey were the only 4*.

I really question why there are so many 4* even given out. It used to if you're a 4 or 5* you're damn good and going to play. I think Tuttle is in it to become a coach now (just speculation). McCulley should not have been a 4. I hope he has learned the WR position after one year. Now that's two non productive years with him. Penix and Ramsey were the only 4*.
The people who rate aren’t coaches, and many never played the game.

HS Ratings are just an evaluation of potential. But they don't tell the whole story. Coaching is so important.

You can load up a team with 4 stars but without good coaching and a good system and they could all end up being mediocre.

Conversely, you can give good coaches low rated players and they will most likely be mediocre as well.

It's all about player development. No matter the stars.

I can only speak for myself, but it took Ramsey leaving for me to properly appreciate his game.

I was convinced his arm was bad and that we needed someone else. The kid was a gamer!
At this very moment we could really use a guy like that

Reactions: ESalum86
The people who rate aren’t coaches, and many never played the game.
Correct. It's a form of an analytics. The most popular sites are 247, Rivals, On3, ESPN, NCSA. Been around for years except for On3 which is newer.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself, but it took Ramsey leaving for me to properly appreciate his game.

I was convinced his arm was bad and that we needed someone else. The kid was a gamer!
He took a lot of dirty shots that were never called. And McFadden gets tossed for bumping into a QB..... that's just IU FB.

Watch the replay of the Nebraska game. Ramsey was fortunate not to get seriously injured and I don't think they ever called anything.

Correct. It's a form of an analytics. The most popular sites are 247, Rivals, On3, ESPN, NCSA. Been around for years except for On3 which is newer.
And so much on potential. That 4* LB we signed out of the Region never saw the field here and transferred. But he was like 205 lbs and not particularly strong. His potential was on speed/agility/frame/ball skills. I.e., potential.

Seemed like a reach to me to call some not ready to contribute year 1 a 4*, but no one asks me over at ESPN.

Better everything, including better mechanics, which was his real issue at IU.
He completed almost 70% with DeBoer so like I said you don't mess with mechanics when some QB is successful, so mechanics weren't the problem. It was the coaching by Sheridan which got fired. You criticize so many things and won't tell me your name that I said I wouldn't tell anyone, so you are a new version of what people are accusing of being.,

Last edited:
He completed almost 70% with DeBoer so like I said you don't mess with mechanics when some QB is successful so mechanics weren't the problem. It was the coaching by Sheridan which got fired.
Hard to concentrate on mechanics when you're running for your life.

What a weird excuse.

Reactions: IUCX9
Many of these so-called “experts” across the parking lot were also thrilled with last year’s hardwood results, including finishing 2nd in the conference, losing again in the BTT and collapsing in the NCAA dance. They call it a big success, so it’s hard to take any evaluation or prioritization from that group seriously.
And it’s been that way in forever 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT