ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone knows what Ellison did, do tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life goes on.

RB is a position of depth for us so it just means someone or two or three someone's have been given the chance to seize a rather unique opportunity to play a whole lot of key snaps for a power five, Big Ten Football Team.

Here's hoping several of those someone's realize the rare opportunity they just been given and exploit it to its fullest extent.

I think Scott may surprise some people.

Reactions: kmathum
Why do young guys have to learn all on their own that women are trouble? Why can't they learn from the problems of men who've gone through this before?

Just proves the old saying: You can't stand in the same river twice.
Undefeated..

No, I think it would benefit everyone if sparkey just shut the f@*k up. He's the same guy who went on an imbecilic rant last season about female sports announcers.
I went on an embecilic rant about one female sports announcer. You make it sound like I went total ham on women being in the profession which you know I did not. It's sad ylthat you think it is morally justifiable to lie about someone just because you don't like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Losing Dawkins would bother me more than losing Ellison. I want at least 3 competent QBs on the roster.

But I don't see much character from Ellison or Dawkins. They just dont make these kids like they used to.

Reactions: codylance and td75
Losing Dawkins would bother me more than losing Ellison. I want at least 3 competent QBs on the roster.

But I don't see much character from Ellison or Dawkins. They just dont make these kids like they used to.
Hopefully there aren’t others involved, as is now rumored.

Reactions: codylance
I went on an embecilic rant about one female sports announcer. You make it sound like I went total ham on women being in the profession which you know I did not. It's sad ylthat you think it is morally justifiable to lie about someone just because you don't like them.
Sorry if I got my facts wrong. Glad we can agree, though, that the rant was imbecilic.

I already made the defense and if you missed it it either shows you are not up to date on the Ohio State situation or just a moron.
If “up to date” means “I remember the good old days when a man could knuckle under a woman and mitigate his guilt by blaming her for being a certain type of girl”, I’m definitely beyond that, way beyond it.

No, spark, I really need you to describe your thinking here. If you begin with the characteristics that make a woman trouble, that would be peachy. Thanks in advance.

Is Dawkins leaving just because he’s not starting game one? He’ll get to play. If he moves team better he’ll stick. If PR rocks he’ll stick. I hope he stays and challenges himself to keep fighting for the spot. Makes everything better. Maybe wishful thinking. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: IUgradman
Dawkins came here to start his last season. He could have sat on the bench at UA. I know nothing of his character, but he may very well see the move here as a mistake now. Can you blame him. Probably should have gone DII if he wanted assurance of a start. I believe he will get PT...our history on keeping QBs healthy aint good so his moment may still come. But if he want a full time QB job, he'll have to transfer...

If “up to date” means “I remember the good old days when a man could knuckle under a woman and mitigate his guilt by blaming her for being a certain type of girl”, I’m definitely beyond that, way beyond it.

No, spark, I really need you to describe your thinking here. If you begin with the characteristics that make a woman trouble, that would be peachy. Thanks in advance.
The girls own mother has come out and has sided with the husband and said her daughter is making things up to ruin his life. That is what I think danc and that other guy were alluding to when they made their post as they replied to the poster who said it was similar to the deal with the Ohio State assistant coach. If they weren't alluding to that then I share your disgust but I have known danc on these boards for over 20 years and he never has Saif anything negative or sexist about females.

This post contradicts itself in the first three sentences.
Really? I don't see how, it's only 9 words long! "This post contradicts itself in the first three sentences.". Nope, don't see any contradictions, let alone 3. I don't even see three sentences. Been in the nip this morning, or what?

Reactions: 82hoosier
The girls own mother has come out and has sided with the husband and said her daughter is making things up to ruin his life. That is what I think danc and that other guy were alluding to when they made their post as they replied to the poster who said it was similar to the deal with the Ohio State assistant coach. If they weren't alluding to that then I share your disgust but I have known danc on these boards for over 20 years and he never has Saif anything negative or sexist about females.
Let’s be clear. Your wife making up stories about you does not give you license to break her face.

This 20th century thought process about women being “that kind of girl” or “trouble” must be left back in the 20th century. I can’t believe it was posted here. It’s reprehensible.

Let’s be clear. Your wife making up stories about you does not give you license to break her face.

This 20th century thought process about women being “that kind of girl” or “trouble” must be left back in the 20th century. I can’t believe it was posted here. It’s reprehensible.

I think you are both going extreme. Women can be every bit as much trouble as men. On the other side, if the guy was putting his hands on a girl then he has no one to blame but himself. Frankly, this stuff is happening so often around college sports these days (football in particular), I think the players should be prosecuted and if found guilty they should be banned from playing. Let them keep their scholarship and their second chance can be getting a degree.

There are people that are trouble...both men and women. You need to walk away. When a man abuses a woman rather than walking away, we know for sure HE is trouble.

Reactions: td75 and PatKline
Wearing the uniform of your school...IU, PU or Franklin College...is an honor.

It is earned through talent, development, discipline and trust. When you break that trust you lose that honor.

I don't know what happened here, so I am not judging this player, just my thoughts.

Is Dawkins leaving just because he’s not starting game one? He’ll get to play. If he moves team better he’ll stick. If PR rocks he’ll stick. I hope he stays and challenges himself to keep fighting for the spot. Makes everything better. Maybe wishful thinking. Go Hoosiers!
Is Dawkins leaving???

It never fails. Someone does something stupid. And hurts the team. Why do players have trouble staying out of trouble? I don't get it especially a future star like Ellison.

Reactions: DANC
I don't even know who to quote here at this point. This list of people in this thread posting posting gross/ignorant misogynistic shit is already too long. We don't even know anything about what happened with Ellison yet. But the suggestion of domestic violence immediately has some of you looking really trigger happy with your casual misogyny.

Reactions: IUCol and DANC
Back in my day arguments aren't very sound. Why don't you see much character from Dawkins? He seems like a nice kid. But maybe starting is a must for him.

Reactions: IUCol
Rumor has it, nothing confirmed at this point, but a lot of smoke.

AND, to be fair and objective...people make things up sometimes to hurt others and in today's culture of guilty until proven innocent, investigations must take place.

Reactions: indy1203
I don't even know who to quote here at this point. This list of people in this thread posting posting gross/ignorant misogynistic shit is already too long. We don't even know anything about what happened with Ellison yet. But the suggestion of domestic violence immediately has some of you looking really trigger happy with your casual misogyny.
Ellison who? There's a hell of a lot of gross/ignorant shit in this thread that doesn't have a damn thing to do with Ellison.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
#sobrave
#beingoffendeddoesntequalbeingright
#millennialssuck

297.png

I want Dawkins to be so motivated to start that he wants to leave. That way, if Ramsey gets hurt or underperforms he is actually ready. I hope he stays, unless he was beat out by Penix.

I thought the mom said she did make.up the stories about assault except for the one time he put his hands on her neck(which of course is wrong) but that was a very long time ago. That is how I took her mom's comments. Maybe I'm wrong.

I thought the mom said she did make.up the stories about assault except for the one time he put his hands on her neck(which of course is wrong) but that was a very long time ago. That is how I took her mom's comments. Maybe I'm wrong.
No reason to assume that a person disputing abuse allegations is telling the truth or knows what they are talking about.

No, it's not wishful thinking. What I've learned about Ellison in the last 12 hours is that he gained the most overrated 700 yards in IU history. All of a sudden he's the 2nd coming of Jordan Howard. He was a relatively above average true freshman running back. About a 7 out of 10, I'd give him. Maybe 7.5, hardly irreplaceable. Sure, it sux, he was basically the most experienced back we had, & the 2nd biggest after Scott, which is very helpful in the punishing B1G east, but he was also injury prone & a bit slow. & not to mention, that experience was all of 1 season--143 carries as a true Freshman--not even a RS Sophomore that had at least been in the program 2 years. Just 1 year removed from HS. He was good back, not great. & not the far & away most talented back on our roster, imo. This is not a season killer.

It's a huge loss.

He averaged 1/2 yard more than Gest. He was the only thing close to a big-time TB we had. Without him we are below average. The depth we have is make-do talent.

No reason to assume that a person disputing abuse allegations is telling the truth or knows what they are talking about.
There’s so much in this thread that is classic victim blaming/abuser enable it that I couldn’t begin to respond. Locking the thread so certain morons don’t continue to embarrass themselves by their Neanderthal thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT