ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone knows what Ellison did, do tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that will change QB decision? Just thinking if Dawkins or Penix are better at running, could they be inserted in to make up for that loss.
I would doubt that. I'm sure the staff believes they have the horses to tote it without Ellison. If anything, the need to throw downfield might theoretically be increased, so as to open up the running game. That would beckon Penix, imo, but who knows.

For those of you who have knowledge on what he did, please tell the board. Thank you

So, what is your second hand information?
I’d rather not start a rumor until I have it on good authority, but what I have heard is not vastly different from what a certain OSU assistant just had issues with. I’ll leave it at that, and again, that is second hand not confirmed.

It is of a serious nature, and I am happy CTA is taking the steps that other coaches around college sports won't do when a player does something wrong.

If it's of a serious nature...I hope it's in the local paper...I hope the local law enforcement and all my taxes are at play...tired of colleges sorting out the "right from wrong"...

Life goes on.

RB is a position of depth for us so it just means someone or two or three someone's have been given the chance to seize a rather unique opportunity to play a whole lot of key snaps for a power five, Big Ten Football Team.

Here's hoping several of those someone's realize the rare opportunity they just been given and exploit it to its fullest extent.

Life goes on.

RB is a position of depth for us so it just means someone or two or three someone's have been given the chance to seize a rather unique opportunity to play a whole lot of key snaps for a power five, Big Ten Football Team.

Here's hoping several of those someone's realize the rare opportunity they just been given and exploit it to its fullest extent.

Hey man...no doubt...next up...

I'm just saying...let's do this the right way...if the kid has broken a law...let law enforcement do its job.

So tired of college athletics failing on this.

Reactions: ESalum86
I’d rather not start a rumor until I have it on good authority, but what I have heard is not vastly different from what a certain OSU assistant just had issues with. I’ll leave it at that, and again, that is second hand not confirmed.

Heard the same.

Details sketchy but, as you said, along the same lines as the assistant at OSU. Physical in nature.

At least they didn't wait until 10 minutes before kick-off. That's a real gut punch.
CKW would have waited to announce this as well as the starting QB. I generally agree with that approach, but if there are serious allegations that are known on campus, you have to make it clear that decisive actions are being taken to differentiate yourself from the rest of the ethically challenged knuckleheads in the league.

It seems like IU football can never catch a break and something like this happens every year. Between suspensions and early injuries it seems to takes the early excitement away from the program.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
Yup, and hate to say it, but the departures may not be done.

On an unrelated topic, do you see Reece Taylor on the depth chart at qb?

Not yet, but never say never.

Am I wrong, hopefully, speculating that all these together could be pointing towards Dawkins (unhappy and his choice). Not that I've read anything to that effect but just responding to the progression of the above posts, especially the word "yet" in the last one.

Edit: Hadn't seen anything about Dawkins before, but I just looked at TOS and there is speculation there that he might be considering quitting. Just speculation.

Last edited:
Heard the same.

Details sketchy but, as you said, along the same lines as the assistant at OSU. Physical in nature.
Why do young guys have to learn all on their own that women are trouble? Why can't they learn from the problems of men who've gone through this before?

Just proves the old saying: You can't stand in the same river twice.

Reactions: Sassy61
Why do young guys have to learn all on their own that women are trouble? Why can't they learn from the problems of men who've gone through this before?

My thoughts exactly.

Athletes in particular need to stay the away from certain types of women. Not defending any abuse or anything, but certain personality types just do not mesh well.

Lot of fish in the sea, gents. No need to ruin a career over one.

That is just wishful thinking. Ellison's loss will be critical. I hope this is a temporary issue.
No, it's not wishful thinking. What I've learned about Ellison in the last 12 hours is that he gained the most overrated 700 yards in IU history. All of a sudden he's the 2nd coming of Jordan Howard. He was a relatively above average true freshman running back. About a 7 out of 10, I'd give him. Maybe 7.5, hardly irreplaceable. Sure, it sux, he was basically the most experienced back we had, & the 2nd biggest after Scott, which is very helpful in the punishing B1G east, but he was also injury prone & a bit slow. & not to mention, that experience was all of 1 season--143 carries as a true Freshman--not even a RS Sophomore that had at least been in the program 2 years. Just 1 year removed from HS. He was good back, not great. & not the far & away most talented back on our roster, imo. This is not a season killer.

It seems like IU football can never catch a break and something like this happens every year. Between suspensions and early injuries it seems to takes the early excitement away from the program.
I just don't understand how a kid can work hard all off season and then screw up so close to the season starting. He let himself down and his team. Let him go somewhere else and start over. We need players we can count on. We have little room for error.

Reactions: 76-1

OMG

My thoughts exactly.

Athletes in particular need to stay the away from certain types of women. Not defending any abuse or anything, but certain personality types just do not mesh well.

Lot of fish in the sea, gents. No need to ruin a career over one.
OMFG

Reactions: boilerpt
No, it's not wishful thinking. What I've learned about Ellison in the last 12 hours is that he gained the most overrated 700 yards in IU history. All of a sudden he's the 2nd coming of Jordan Howard. He was a relatively above average true freshman running back. About a 7 out of 10, I'd give him. Maybe 7.5, hardly irreplaceable. Sure, it sux, he was basically the most experienced back we had, & the 2nd biggest after Scott, which is very helpful in the punishing B1G east, but he was also injury prone & a bit slow. & not to mention, that experience was all of 1 season--143 carries as a true Freshman--not even a RS Sophomore that had at least been in the program 2 years. Just 1 year removed from HS. He was good back, not great. & not the far & away most talented back on our roster, imo. This is not a season killer.
This post contradicts itself in the first three sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT