ADVERTISEMENT

I might be without my 8-iron when I play Friday morning.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Because Aqua Systems couldn't give us a definitive time of when one of its service technicians would be at our home to repair our water filter today, I was unable to play golf on one of my days off. We eventually got a 2:00-4:00 window for this afternoon, so I went to the driving range this afternoon.

I was really hitting the ball well on the driving range and then decided to hit my 8-iron. Unfortunately the steel shaft snapped at the hosel and the head of my iron went about 20 yards in the air. I retrieved it and then dropped off the shaft and head at the pro shop for one of the assistants to repair it.

If I don't have it by Friday, I hope I don't have any shots between 130 and 140 yards because I won't have the right iron for them. It has been one of my more reliable irons and I'm really going to miss it!

My irons are TaylorMade Rbladesz and I absolutely love them! I purchased them approximately eight years ago and it might be time to replace them. It all depends on whether the 8-iron can be repaired and is still reliable afterward.

I thought maybe you "pulled a Tiger",

banged some chick from Waffle House,
the wifey looked through your phone,
and then she did some facial damage to you with your 8-iron

• Haha
Reactions: All4You and dr.jb
I thought maybe you "pulled a Tiger",

banged some chick from Waffle House,
the wifey looked through your phone,
and then she did some facial damage to you with your 8-iron
Ironically, my first job as a teenager was as a bus boy at the Waffle House. It was walking distance from my parents' home. My wife is left-handed, so she would have trouble swinging a right-handed club. lol

Reactions: outside shooter
woman-girl.gif

Because Aqua Systems couldn't give us a definitive time of when one of its service technicians would be at our home to repair our water filter today, I was unable to play golf on one of my days off. We eventually got a 2:00-4:00 window for this afternoon, so I went to the driving range this afternoon.

I was really hitting the ball well on the driving range and then decided to hit my 8-iron. Unfortunately the steel shaft snapped at the hosel and the head of my iron went about 20 yards in the air. I retrieved it and then dropped off the shaft and head at the pro shop for one of the assistants to repair it.

If I don't have it by Friday, I hope I don't have any shots between 130 and 140 yards because I won't have the right iron for them. It has been one of my more reliable irons and I'm really going to miss it!

My irons are TaylorMade Rbladesz and I absolutely love them! I purchased them approximately eight years ago and it might be time to replace them. It all depends on whether the 8-iron can be repaired and is still reliable afterward.
Have you played Pfau? Thoughts?

Is this going to impact your qualification attempt for the US Amateur?
We're not playing for money on Friday morning, but we will Saturday at noon. If it isn't repaired yet, I hope I don't cost our team money by not being to hit approach shots with my 8-iron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT