ADVERTISEMENT

I love Peyton, but

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
It is clear that penix needs to play from the start next year. The stronger arm the quick release we cannot get plays down field with Ramsey. We have clear gaps in our roster. We are going to need to recruit some junior college players or some graduate transfers. I think this is probably one of the best freshman classes ever for IU football but being young cannot be excuse again next year. We all know the coaching staff is not going anywhere for another year at least.

It is clear that penix needs to play from the start next year. The stronger arm the quick release we cannot get plays down field with Ramsey. We have clear gaps in our roster. We are going to need to recruit some junior college players or some graduate transfers. I think this is probably one of the best freshman classes ever for IU football but being young cannot be excuse again next year. We all know the coaching staff is not going anywhere for another year at least.

I can go this far - today was a game where I think Penix might have made a difference.

With Purdue dropping 75 guys most of the second half, Ramsey had a smaller window and even less time to get rid of it. Penix definitely woulda gotten a few throws out that Ramsey just doesn’t have.

I still think Ramsey is very good QB.

I think we missed a Whop too. He gets open and that gets others a few more shots too.

Reactions: ESalum86
The biggest problem Peyton had today was that his receivers could not get downfield separation except in two instances. Once, he completely did not see Reece wide open. The other time he hit Westbrook for a touchdown. He did more than a credible job. Did everyone miss the great run he made for a touchdown? He was only sacked twice, in spite of fairly constant pressure. Purdue receivers constantly got separation from our D-backs. I am glad Peyton is not wearing black and gold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT