ADVERTISEMENT

I know who Coach C. reminds me of ...

Tough to see much similarity in my opinion. This isn't a slight on RMK or CCC.

RMK was 30 years old when he became HC at IU, CCC was 62. We're hoping CCC can be a late bloomer in terms of being a successful Power Four coach. RMK was maybe the best ever in college bball.

RMK spoke in a different cadence and had a different sense of humor, and of course had the whole intimidating presence and temper CCC doesn't appear to have. CCC seems pretty straightforward -- a confident, very experienced FB coach moving up a level in competition. Hopefully it works out, and if does it seems like it will be different story and style to RMK.

“He’s a winner, I think that’s his pitch to a lot of guys,” Katic said. “He wins football games. If you want to be successful in the Big Ten, then you better have that confidence and that swagger about you to win football games. With that and along with the opportunity to play center, it was a win-win for me.“

Katic sees the change that Cignetti has brought to Indiana football.

“From the first team meeting I knew he was a no BS guy,” Katic said. “You’re going to get in, do the work and if you don’t you’re not going to play.

“Everyone walks around with some swagger and confidence. I think that bridges off what he does, how he conducts himself in meetings. In front of the team he does a really good job leading us by example so everyone goes with that.”

https://hoosierillustrated.com/hes-a-winner-mike-katic-saw-a-clear-vision-under-curt-cignetti-now-hes-part-of-the-new-era-bringing-swagger-back-to-indiana-football/

GTDmn5mW4AA0Lcl

Interesting career record … for a coach now considered a middling BiG conference coach.

Three things about this list, Day and Smart are getting heat from fans and alumni. The third thing is I want coach Cignetti to get IU up to championship level although I know it will take some time.
4th … Only one of them is on this year’s schedule … the OSU OL is supposedly closer to average this year … many years there are 3 NFL draft picks … from the OSU OL

Last edited:
I'm going to say this, and I'm going mainly by his voice and confident attitude. He could be our football version of Robert Montgomery Knight.
And both of their names start with Coach…..

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
Today is a different environment and IU had a good basketball reputation. Coach Cignetti is trying to get fans and players to believe IUFB can be very good so he sells himself and staff to try and convince people IUFB can be good.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Today is a different environment and IU had a good basketball reputation. Coach Cignetti is trying to get fans and players to believe IUFB can be very good so he sells himself and staff to try and convince people IUFB can be good.
No problem with C3 and his approach, it is just different than RMK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT