ADVERTISEMENT

I have not seen anything on TV today about Pearl Harbor

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
What's up with that?
uss_arizona_memorial.jpg

Wait... was Pearl the name of the last hooker that Trump shagged?

but seriously....

My Dad and 4 uncles served in WWII, enlisting right after Pearl Harbor. 3 of my Uncles returned with purple hearts, one with a life-long disability. All are gone now....

Curiously none of them had begged out with debilitating bone spurs.

but seriously....

My Dad and 4 uncles served in WWII, enlisting right after Pearl Harbor. 3 of my Uncles returned with purple hearts, one with a life-long disability. All are gone now....

None of em asked for "safe spaces" on college campuses where they could hide from ideas either.

Reactions: 76-1

but seriously....

Men like those are the reason why we as a country are free today. We must not forget the women. When I was a student at Moody Bible Institute we attended the same church all four years I was there. The old lady who played the piano was a WAC in WW2. I looked at her when she told me and said, "You're a war hero!" She blushed and said, "thank you".

Reactions: snowling and 76-1
My uncle was one of 8 survivors of a crew of 16 when PT-300 was attacked by a kamikaze plane in the Philippines in December 1944. He was rescued floating on a scrap of plywood amid an inferno, with the sea ablaze from fuel released from the vessel. He was hospitalized for 3 months with 50 shrapnel wounds, multiple broken bones, and perforated eardrums. He passed away about 10 years ago.

No that would be Trump’s new UN Ambassador. She said that Germany and the US have always been alllies like at Normandy. He sure knows how to pick them.
Anyone can misspeak once. Nauert did it once. Ocasio-Cortez does it every day. It will be a fun 2 years.

Anyone can misspeak once. Nauert did it once. Ocasio-Cortez does it every day. It will be a fun 2 years.

So, let's recap:
1. You tried to make a joke about OC, referencing an Animal House line about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor (a statement she didn't make).

2. Someone immediately pointed out T.Rump's pick for UN ambassador's quote about D-Day being the height of U.S./German relations (a statement she did make).

3. Your lame attempt to deflect as quoted above.

As those crazy kids say, "You got pwned".

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
Last I checked it was conservatives who want a professor at Temple fired for making comments critical of Israel. Who exactly is stifling free speech?
So, free speech only applies to the side being critical? Last I checked, free speech applies to all. It sounds like you want to take away a conservative's voice to express their views.

You are free to support the professor's views.In this case, CNN and the Temple Chairman agreed with the conservatives and fired him.

So, free speech only applies to the side being critical? Last I checked, free speech applies to all. It sounds like you want to take away a conservative's voice to express their views.

You are free to support the professor's views.In this case, CNN and the Temple Chairman agreed with the conservatives and fired him.

He was fired by a public entity for expressing his views. That is censorship. I thought conservatives supported free speech?

Reactions: MaxCoke
77 years

[insert rant about snowflake media]
My late father in law survived the attack at Pearl Harbor. He was a radar operator off duty when the attack occurred. It was nearly impossible to get him to talk about it. He told me he spent the next three weeks fishing bodies out of the harbor and doing military funerals. All of the survivors assumed a land attack would soon come and they knew they would all die if that occurred since they had no way to defend themselves. The song Taps made him cringe whenever he heard it. He said they had no power and little food and water in those weeks after the attack. Lucky for him he was a good basketball player and he later got a gig playing on an Army team which played all over the Pacific entertaining the troops. I have a book published by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association with remembrances from the survivors. The stories are unreal. Especially the ones of sailors who escaped sinking ships and had to leave buddies behind.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT