ADVERTISEMENT

I had a weird thought earlier

frikkenfrakken

All-Big Ten
Jan 14, 2005
If OSU romps through the playoffs and thrashes everyone, do we have a legitimate claim to being the second best team in the country?

What if we also beat the crap out of Ole Miss?

I think the question mark is at quarterback. With Penix, right now I’d put you Top 10 for sure and maybe even Top 5. Tuttle needs a little more time to get you there (but I bet CTA and Sheridan will get him there quickly).

Respectfully, I believe that we and ‘Bama are better teams, regardless of the NCG outcome. From there, OU is likely better, as is Clemson (I think this was an aberration of a game for them in all sorts of ways, starting with replacing their stud OC with a kid who looks like he’s just out of high school), and *maybe* a healthy UF (but God, do I loathe Dan Mullen), aTm (but we’ll see tomorrow if they can put up or if Jimbo makes Mullen-esque excuses), Georgia with Daniels under center, and...*sigh*...Notre Dame.

Based on my gut right now, then, I might put OSU and Alabama up top, followed by a Rattler-clicking OU, and TL- and Tony Elliot-led Clemson. But I think Indiana very well might be a Top 5 team (and CERTAINLY a Top 10 team).

So many fans on this and other IU boards are putting the cart before the horse and basically declaring that IU has arrived, that you’re gonna be a regular fixture in The Discussion — and I very much hope that’s true. But don’t forget how quickly Minnesota’s rose-colored future became a shit-colored now. Pains me to say it, but PSU will be back up soon, maybe TTUN (I don’t know what the **** is going on with that program), Rutgers is the most improved team in the B1G (not you, cuz they went from laughably, historically bad to decent enough to not laugh off while you went from recently being pretty good with some studs like Tevin Coleman to really good this year), UMD has an explosive offense with that Tagavailoa (sp?) kid, and MSU is always a challenge (if Mel Tucker doesn’t bolt in the dead of night).

You guys are rocking and you’re a fun team for whom to cheer. So hopefully we will become the Alabama/LSU of the B1G, yeah. But let’s let tomorrow’s game (and our game against Alabama) and the ‘21 season play-out before any for us get too cocky. All of us, I mean (because just like every other fan base, those who root for my school can be obnoxious and ignorant as ****ing all).

Go Bucks! But also, Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
If OSU romps through the playoffs and thrashes everyone, do we have a legitimate claim to being the second best team in the country?

What if we also beat the crap out of Ole Miss?

guessing we don't have to worry about this claim :(
im literally shocked we lost. unreal

Reactions: IU73
I've learned to never be surprised by the lows IU football (and basketball) can achieve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT