ADVERTISEMENT

I feel bad for Trayce

L3al can hit the 3 But he cant see the floor. Mise well be sitting behind the beams in the nose bleeding section of tSSAH!

If not for the pandemic, we may have been stuck with Archie longer…
Yeah, perhaps.

But, we had the pandemic. Players got another year. Because we didn’t make the tourney in that pandemic cancelled season, it lowered the bar for a successful season even further for our program. 25 years ago who would have ever thought that we would be talking about a making the tourney 2 years in a row as showing some remarkable progress as a program? If archie had made the tourney that year, would we really have been celebrating backing into the play in game last year as some great success?

But we had the pandemic. Which helped us to have a team this year with a bunch of 24 year olds playing 5-6 years.

But we had the pandemic, and Trace tested positive last year and wasn’t able to play in the pre draft workouts, that may have been a factor in him coming back.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Yeah, perhaps.

But, we had the pandemic. Players got another year. Because we didn’t make the tourney in that pandemic cancelled season, it lowered the bar for a successful season even further for our program. 25 years ago who would have ever thought that we would be talking about a making the tourney 2 years in a row as showing some remarkable progress as a program? If archie had made the tourney that year, would we really have been celebrating backing into the play in game last year as some great success?

But we had the pandemic. Which helped us to have a team this year with a bunch of 24 year olds playing 5-6 years.

But we had the pandemic, and Trace tested positive last year and wasn’t able to play in the pre draft workouts, that may have been a factor in him coming back.
Just trying to make the point that despite all the hand wringing we’re in far better shape than we’ve been in many years

I think the 13th man should lose his scholarship so we can fill it with someone who might actually have a chance of playing in the future.
You realize every team has a 13th man, right? None play much.

Yet, I've said all along I thought it was a mistake to take Galloway and Leal in the same class. Overlapping skills and role, so they should have taken the one they liked best. But, now that Leal is here he appears to have done everything the coaches have asked and been a great teammate. No reason he should lose his scholarship.

Last edited:
Just trying to make the point that despite all the hand wringing we’re in far better shape than we’ve been in many years
And I agree with that. I was just saying that Covid :
1. Made the archie years look even worse than they were (cancelled tourney)
2. Made this years team much, much better **

**by allowing us to bring back 3 starters and Trace for an extra go at it.

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners

Yet, I've said all along I thought it was a mistake to take Galloway and Leal in the same class. Overlapping skills and role, so they should have taken the one they liked best. But, now that Leal is here he appears to have done everything the coaches have asked and been a great teammate. No reason he should lose his scholarship.
No, every team does not have a 13th man as a lot of coaches don’t use all 13 scholarships. I don’t see the point in wasting a scholarship on a player that will never contribute.

The kids at IU stuck behind Hondo, Lucas, and Knight didn’t win anything either.

I think TJD will be just fine.

I feel bad for my Dad’s college roommate. All big ten MBB. Played for the cowboys, making peanuts. Left parts of his body scattered across NFL stadiums across the country. Never made any money. It took him an hour to get out of bed every morning. Gave his body to the game.

There are a $million reasons to not feel sorry for TJD. He will be more than fine.

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
He has been amazing his entire career

And yet...

Neither of his coaches have been able to put a consistent perimeter shooter on the floor with him.

At Indiana freaking University we can't find a consistent perimeter threat.

At INDIANA.
Thank you for your insight, newbie! VBG

No, every team does not have a 13th man as a lot of coaches don’t use all 13 scholarships. I don’t see the point in wasting a scholarship on a player that will never contribute.
?? I think very few coaches don't use all 13 schollies and if they don't it's often unintended: ie. they tried to add someone late and didn't have a taker. And, guess what? If they were to have a schollie open, the 12th man isn't playing any more than the 13th guy, cause they both only go in at the end of blowouts. Their contribution to the team is rarely made on the court during a game: practice!

Last edited:

Galloway is 100 times a better basketball player than Leal

Galloway is 100 times a better basketball player than Leal
Easy to argue 3 years in. I'm just saying, and I said at the time, we don't need two 6'4" shooting guards ranked 100+. Should've picked one. I thought it was Galloway at the time from descriptions, and obviously now that's an easy choice. But, there would have been some howling if we'd taken him over the Mr Bball from Bloomington!

Again, having said that, what's done is done and I also don't think Leal has done anything to have his scholarship taken away.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT