ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Ok. So, if you had a Football God come to you, and he offers you a deal. “IU football will go 7-5 every season for the next 20 years” as a guarantee, but they won’t win any more or less than that(Bowl Game outcome notwithstanding) , would you take that deal?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Here is a better one...

Would you accept one 15-0 Playoff National Championship year in the next 4 years in exchange for a following 25 years of 3-win seasons?

This old fart would say yes.

Ok. So, if you had a Football God come to you, and he offers you a deal. “IU football will go 7-5 every season for the next 20 years” as a guarantee, but they won’t win any more or less than that(Bowl Game outcome notwithstanding) , would you take that deal?
Nope. I'd rather have an amazing season every once in a while, which I hope actually happens before I leave the planet.
Go Hoosiers!

If we have to make this kind of deal with the football god, why can't we get the same deal Northwestern made with him 15 or 20 years ago? Of course there is always the possibility that they made their deal with the devil.

NO to both scenarios. There is no reason to settle for good seasons when the coaches and players strive for championships.

If that 20 years included a losing record against Purdue and no wins against OSU/Mich, definitely a hard no,

Now if that 20 years were dominant against Purdue (14+ wins) and included 7-8 total wins against OSU/Mich, still might be a no, but boy, that definitely would be hard to pass up

Next 20? No.

Next 5? Definitely. As a way to set a solid foundation and get the extra work in that comes with bowl games.

One national championship by 2023 followed by 20 years in the desert? I mean, I feel like I've spent 20 years in the desert with this program already. I might take that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT