ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Game 2 - IU, 6-3 win

Gorski leads off 5th off with a double. After a couple outs, Ashley singles him home for the RBI and extends the Hoosiers lead to 6-1. Going B5.

Reactions: mk23
Lloyd doubles to lead off the 7th and advances to third on a Gorski flyout. He's stranded there as Fineman grounds out and Sowers lines out. Time to stretch. Going B7 with the Hoosiers up 6-1.

Milto touched up for a run. Sabol comes in to replace him with a man on third and two outs and gets the K. Going T8, 6-2 Hoosiers.

After dogging the team for awhile, I guess I have to give a shoutout for playing a pretty good game. It seems like forever that we have played a game like this, and let's hope things will revert back to the way we were playing before our slump. Having Milto back in the starting rotation has to be a big lift for the team, and I know it is for me. Fortunately, that gift HR off Sowers' glove had no impact on the final score. That was nothing but just bad luck.

That was a really good win with contributions from multiple players. Ashley with another oppo dinger, and back to back HRs from Miller and Bradley. Great to see Milto return to form. I sure hope Kaletha breaks out of it soon at the plate. That would go a long way towards a turnaround heading into tournament play. He made an awesome running grab in LC today. Get the series win tomorrow, and a win in Louisville next week would feel good.

That was a really good win with contributions from multiple players. Ashley with another oppo dinger, and back to back HRs from Miller and Bradley. Great to see Milto return to form. I sure hope Kaletha breaks out of it soon at the plate. That would go a long way towards a turnaround heading into tournament play. He made an awesome running grab in LC today. Get the series win tomorrow, and a win in Louisville next week would feel good.
You're right. If we can take the series and then get a win against Louisville, as well as finishing out the regular season with a big series against Maryland, it will go a long ways toward going into the tournament with a lot of momentum, something I wasn't real sure of lately. IMO, the tournament this year is wide-open, so I don't think it matters what our seed will be going into it. There's not a team in it that we can't handle as long as we stay away from the mental mistakes that have been killing us of late.

All wins are good wins but this one seems bigger than others. Keep the mojo going!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT