ADVERTISEMENT

Hummingbirds?

Same here. By now we usually have around 20 feeders out. We have six and I fix three quarts every two days. People keep asking how many we have and can’t believe how few are here. I think you hit it on the nailhead with all your possibilities. Including Biden, Trump and aliens in one group.
If I could, I'd vote for the alien.

Same here. By now we usually have around 20 feeders out. We have six and I fix three quarts every two days. People keep asking how many we have and can’t believe how few are here. I think you hit it on the nailhead with all your possibilities. Including Biden, Trump and aliens in one group.
Eh, I figured we men are always complaining about how scarce the hummers are!

I try and tell the ladies in the FB group: "Give a hummer, get a hummer!". So far it's not catching on.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Eh, I figured we men are always complaining about how scarce the hummers are!

I try and tell the ladies in the FB group: "Give a hummer, get a hummer!". So far it's not catching on.
Great one. My wife didn’t think that was a great idea either.

Really weird experience today. I had pulled about a dozen feeders out ready to go. At one time I had 10 up. I just cleaned four more today to put them away. I’m keeping five out. Seems like September. Maybe next year will be a good year.

• Sad
Reactions: kkott
Really weird experience today. I had pulled about a dozen feeders out ready to go. At one time I had 10 up. I just cleaned four more today to put them away. I’m keeping five out. Seems like September. Maybe next year will be a good year.
Yep, nature keeps you guessing. Such a good metaphor for life and sad to me how few kids, my own included, that get exposed to and experience nature like we used to.

NW IN hummers back now--pair in front and pair in back hitting the $1000 in flowers wife just got for the patios.

2 grosbekes and a Baltimore oriole.

Birds just got a late start north this year--except the grackles.
Our Maine Coon killed a Baltimore oriole chick earlier this spring & I was upset until my neighbor asked me to ID a nest & it was an active BO nest. First time I’ve seen them here in Far NW indy in yrs. Really glad about that.

Our Maine Coon killed a Baltimore oriole chick earlier this spring & I was upset until my neighbor asked me to ID a nest & it was an active BO nest. First time I’ve seen them here in Far NW indy in yrs. Really glad about that.
I was fishing with a buddy the weekend before last at a lake up in Fulton County. Saw Orioles everywhere alont the shore where it was wooded, often 3-5 together at a time. It's been forever since I've seen so many.

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
I was fishing with a buddy the weekend before last at a lake up in Fulton County. Saw Orioles everywhere alont the shore where it was wooded, often 3-5 together at a time. It's been forever since I've seen so many.
We had two for a couple days a week or two ago but haven’t seen them since. Would have been nice to have them stick around for once.

I'm in a FB Hummer group and just about every other post is asking why that is and talking about how few hummers people are seeing. I think my activity is down about 75% but I guess I'm lucky. I still get a visit every 2-3 minutes between my 4 feeders. But by this time, usually there would be at least 1 feeding at all times.

Haven't seen anything that feels like "the explanation"... bird flu, migration interupted by storms, cicadas, Biden, Trump....aliens. Take your pick!
How do you sign up for a hummer group? I agree, there aren’t enough hummers anymore.

Reactions: kkott and bwcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT