ADVERTISEMENT

How to stop snoring

A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

Spent the weekend in a hotel room in the Wisconsin Dells with my kids and two of their friends. Was told that I snore "like one of those old cartoons." After telling them to f@#k off and revoking their arcade cards (cards really? no quarters? ruins the whole experience IMO), I realize this might be affecting the quality of my sleep.

Anyone have solutions to snoring that do not include one of those clunky, ugly CPAP machines? I am NOT doing that.

Let's please limit this thread to advice/experience on ending snoring and general ball busting about how old and feeble I am. This is not the fault of either Trump or Biden, the communists or the fascists.

Spent the weekend in a hotel room in the Wisconsin Dells with my kids and two of their friends. Was told that I snore "like one of those old cartoons." After telling them to f@#k off and revoking their arcade cards (cards really? no quarters? ruins the whole experience IMO), I realize this might be affecting the quality of my sleep.

Anyone have solutions to snoring that do not include one of those clunky, ugly CPAP machines? I am NOT doing that.

Let's please limit this thread to advice/experience on ending snoring and general ball busting about how old and feeble I am. This is not the fault of either Trump or Biden, the communists or the fascists.
Lose weight and cut the booze early. Nose strips are worthless

Do you sleep on your back? If you do, try sleeping on your side.

Wtf are you doing in the Wisconsin Dells? Were you there for the disgusting water parks? Or awful ski resorts?

1) elevate the head of your bed just a few inches, if possible
2) sleep on your side
3) get a bottle of those foam earplugs, like $8 on amazon, and pass them out like candy

Don’t screw around. Have a sleep study.

Lose all the extra weight. Worked for me. Otherwise reconsider the CPAP machine, as Ive heard from a few people it really works wonders.

With matching pajamas...

Hot-Toys-Bane-Re-Release-001-928x483.jpg

Let's please limit this thread to advice/experience on ending snoring and general ball busting about how old and feeble I am. This is not the fault of either Trump or Biden, the communists

Have a sleep study done. Sorry, it’s the only answer. I had the joy of going through a windshield in college and was also blessed with a large neck. Needless to say, I snored like a wild animal and had issues of constantly being exhausted.

I had a sleep study done and my AHI was 65. Basically, every minute my airway was being obstructed. Anything above 30 is considered severe sleep apnea. I got a CPAP and it changed my life.

Reactions: larsIU
Have a sleep study done. Sorry, it’s the only answer. I had the joy of going through a windshield in college and was also blessed with a large neck. Needless to say, I snored like a wild animal and had issues of constantly being exhausted.

I had a sleep study done and my AHI was 65. Basically, every minute my airway was being obstructed. Anything above 30 is considered severe sleep apnea. I got a CPAP and it changed my life.
How did it change your life? More energy? Less sex :)? I don't think I could sleep with something like that on. I'm a side/stomach sleeper.

I've already tried a CPAP on. Doesn't fit under the flatbill. Can't sleep without the flatbill on.
You're putting out some worrying signs.... Flat bills, fashion questions, how to stop snoring. As part of the been there done that ruined everything crowd, heed my counsel: go buy a new 911. if you're short on cash a used one. if you're really short a big green egg. get into cars, or briskets, whatever

You're putting out some worrying signs.... Flat bills, fashion questions, how to stop snoring. As part of the been there done that ruined everything crowd, heed my counsel: go buy a new 911. if you're short on cash a used one. if you're really short a big green egg. get into cars, or briskets, whatever
Already tried those routes (except for the Porsche. Porsches are for douchebags #sorrynotsorry).

I'm weak.

Already tried those routes (except for the Porsche. Porsches are for douchebags #sorrynotsorry).

I'm weak.
Ohhhhh no. It's the worst! Use it to your advantage. Call some adjusters this week and tell them you're losing your shit and probably going to bounce on a midlife crisis. They'll like that. They like when the lawyers are having problems. They'll help you flip some shit. Like year end X2.

Years ago I had a real good death case. defense lawyer wouldn't call me back. should have never had to file. the guy was mia. so i filed. guy didn't answer. so i blew up his phone mother fing him real bad etc. Finally he called me and right when i answered i started laying into him and he begged one minute. He proceeded to tell me he was 64 years old. At his girlfriend's studio apartment kitchen table a thousand miles from home in fort myers studying for the florida bar. i spit out my starbucks laughing and told him "say no more. understood. understood. understood. answer when you can. i got you."

Lol

Nah, Teslas are for douchebags. Porches are for connoisseurs.

Or so I'm told b/c the only one I'll ever have enough money to own is a 2003-2007 Boxster. Which I won't fit in anyway. Too tall
and a boxster doesn't count. i don't even think a cayman counts. i have to see what my daughter does. My guess is she'll get B's and have her heart set on an average liberal arts school out of state that costs two billion a year and that new 911 won't happen. however there is a decent chance she'll get pregnant by a rapper, or a plumber, in high school then i'll be able to get one.

Or so I'm told b/c the only one I'll ever have enough money to own is a 2003-2007 Boxster. Which I won't fit in anyway. Too tall
I have a neighbor with a Tesla (he's a super car enthusiast) AND he's a doctor and amazingly, he's not a narcissistic douchebag. Really good, humble guy. I tell him all the time he's 1 in a million.

On a bit of a tangent, last Friday, I overheard at a coffeeshop two middle aged men talking about their kids. One said his daughter was at Kelley and that she told her dad how hard they tell them the school is, how not to change your life in your first year, etc. I started laughing and he heard me, so we struck up a conversation. I told him my buddies got the same spiel ("if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, don't break up; if you don't have one, don't get one now") when they were there and how my friends and I would mock them. He was so pleased, and said "Right? I'm an engineer and my daughter's telling me how hard Finite Math is?"

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Ohhhhh no. It's the worst! Use it to your advantage. Call some adjusters this week and tell them you're losing your shit and probably going to bounce on a midlife crisis. They'll like that. They like when the lawyers are having problems. They'll help you flip some shit. Like year end X2.

Years ago I had a real good death case. defense lawyer wouldn't call me back. should have never had to file. the guy was mia. so i filed. guy didn't answer. so i blew up his phone mother fing him real bad etc. Finally he called me and right when i answered i started laying into him and he begged one minute. He proceeded to tell me he was 64 years old. At his girlfriend's studio apartment kitchen table a thousand miles from home in fort myers studying for the florida bar. i spit out my starbucks laughing and told him "say no more. understood. understood. understood. answer when you can. i got you."

Lol
Awesome story.

I don't deal with adjustors. I deal with pricks in state AG's offices or at large law firms defending class actions (Sidley, Cravath, Winston, Jones Day, Mayer Brown, Kirkland, etc.). The worst of the worst. You tell them that, and they'll file 8 motions within a week with the state bar, your judge, etc. saying you're not adequate to represent the class and should be removed from the case. Anything to gain an advantage.

and a boxster doesn't count. i don't even think a cayman counts. i have to see what my daughter does. My guess is she'll get B's and have her heart set on an average liberal arts school out of state that costs two billion a year and that new 911 won't happen. however there is a decent chance she'll get pregnant by a rapper, or a plumber, in high school then i'll be able to get one.
You're on a roll. Damn that's funny. Can't stop laughing.

Awesome story.

I don't deal with adjustors. I deal with pricks in state AG's offices or at large law firms defending class actions (Sidley, Cravath, Winston, Jones Day, Mayer Brown, Kirkland, etc.). The worst of the worst. You tell them that, and they'll file 8 motions within a week with the state bar, your judge, etc. saying you're not adequate to represent the class and should be removed from the case. Anything to gain an advantage.
Oh yeah that's rough

Awesome story.

my first firm was that same way. but they had a massive war chest to wait it out. my ex wife is a paralegal doing consumer class actions. her firm is the same way. they can wait it out. when my buddy and i left our firms and branched out on our own we never had that luxury. the hustle never ended. was awful. we never had a big war chest. those we'd refer out and hope someday to get a mailbox check

Depends

My department head, a real douchebag, drives a Porche. But it is one of those Porshe SUVs. Never understood that. I mean, he has kids, so he wanted an SUV. But that isn't a REAL Porshe. It just has the nameplate and may sound a little better than a cheaper SUV when you rev it.

If you want a Porche, get a real one, and recognize that you ain't hauling 3 year olds chowing on cheerios and slurping on juice boxes.

Awesome story.

if it makes you feel better those firms are a pretty miserable existence. my buddy that i left to start a firm with was third in billing at the time at bryan cave. absolutely hated his life. i have a classmate who was at sidley when the plane hit his tower at wtc. they had him at a card table in a midtown office billing that same afternoon. i think that story is true. i've been telling it for twenty years and am almost positive it is

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

Tape your mouth shut so you have to breathe thru your nose. :)

iu

If you drive a modern liquid cooled you might as well drive a Kia.
Almost bought a Kia Stinger. Went with a BMW. Mostly b/c I'm a douche.

But it is one of those Porshe SUVs.
Worst of the worst. Terrible.
He proceeded to tell me he was 64 years old. At his girlfriend's studio apartment kitchen table a thousand miles from home in fort myers studying for the florida bar.
Please tell me the attorney's last name is Cirillo

• Haha
Almost bought a Kia Stinger. Went with a BMW. Mostly b/c I'm a douche.

Worst of the worst. Terrible.

Please tell me the attorney's last name is Cirillo
Hahahaha no. I’ve never understood the defense mentality. The only thing that made the job marginally tolerable was the hope that one of my dear friends would be catastrophically injured and you could get a big check with a letter and meds

How did it change your life? More energy? Less sex :)? I don't think I could sleep with something like that on. I'm a side/stomach sleeper.
More energy and etc. Mine was pretty severe, so its night and day difference in how I feel. I use to wake up sometimes not breathing, struggled with not falling asleep while driving, would take power naps everyday and was generally pretty miserable (looking back on it).

They have some mouthguard things that are less intrusive and supposedly work, but I don’t know anyone that’s actually tried them to verify

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT