ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers

Done! As long as you watch some videos of him training today at 400 pounds then read the comments.

I had the IU game on today and my daughter walked by. I go 7-0! And she goes ha! They’ll get killed when they play the Chiefs

KC chiefs.

Back to Mo State

loco.gif

So serious question -- has anyone ever seen as profound a turnaround at any time, in any sport, simply as a result of a coaching change? Yes, lots of coaches can have an immediate impact, but anything of this magnitude?
It's not a "simple" coaching change. Lots of transfers, too. If you took last year's team and gave them Coach Cig, they ain't pullin this off. NIL era made this possible.

He brought in a bunch of kids from the fun belt who know how to win. His leftovers put up 70 on chapel hill

I know how he's doing it -- it's been a perfect storm (the good kind). I just can't think of anything of a similar magnitude in any sport at any level.

Reactions: stollcpa
So serious question -- has anyone ever seen as profound a turnaround at any time, in any sport, simply as a result of a coaching change? Yes, lots of coaches can have an immediate impact, but anything of this magnitude?
Doubt it. Even John Pont took 2 years to go 9-0.

It's not a "simple" coaching change. Lots of transfers, too. If you took last year's team and gave them Coach Cig, they ain't pullin this off. NIL era made this possible.
Same players from last year with this coaching staff?

I wouldn't bet against them being 7-0, considering our schedule this year. We lost 5 games by a TD or less last year.

I think this staff is that good. Sure, the JMU guys are really good, but most were under-recruited and were developed by this staff. I see no reason the couldn't do it with the talent on last year's roster.

Reactions: td75
I think it's possible. Hope like hell we can get him to put it off for a few years. Hell, make him heir apparent.
He would be that if he stays around that long, but if Cig has continued success, I can see him being here another 10 years.

Sunseri (?) would be the next man up at OC if Shanahan goes, I think. But I don't think Shanahan goes anywhere for a while. We're going to make him one of the top earning OCs after this year and I have no idea if he wants to be an OC.

This is this staff's first year at a P4 school. I think they'll stick around for a few more. I hope. Dolson is going to be raking in some big money after this season.

Reactions: UncleMark
Same players from last year with this coaching staff?

I wouldn't bet against them being 7-0, considering our schedule this year. We lost 5 games by a TD or less last year.

I think this staff is that good. Sure, the JMU guys are really good, but most were under-recruited and were developed by this staff. I see no reason the couldn't do it with the talent on last year's roster.

The problem is the guys on last year's roster had last year's culture. Adapting them from "close enough" to "exactly coach's way" may not have been possible.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
And, POTFB.
A Boiler friend of mine said Cignetti will leave after this season to take the Auburn job. Now, I'm not saying that's impossible, but (IMHO) there is no way Cignetti will leave after ONE season at Indiana. Although he is the 49th highest paid coach in D-1.

Depending how the rest of this season goes, he will be paid handsomely. I don't think Indiana poured all that money in the stadium to remain status quo.

They brought in a lot of guys...but mostly from James Madison. No. I have never seen anything like this, ever. I'm still nervous about being confident but Nebraska hadn't allowed a rushing TD all season and we ran them off the field.

F*cking incredible.

Well, we weren't great. And he had 2 freshmen starting guards on that team. But he did have Steve Downing and some good role players. That's all Knight needed.
When the 2 freshmen guards showed up he went to the final 4.

Started 4 juniors and Joby his first year.

Watson finished 4th in the Big 10 with Big George, Downing, and Joby….Knight improved the standing without George

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT