ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers crack the Top 25

4 votes in the coach's poll.

That was their preseason poll. The first in-season poll has yet to come out and they seem to always be a day behind the other polls. The coaches seem to always be tougher on IU when it comes to the polls and they usually have IU ranked lower than the other polls, and maybe it has something to do with regional biases.

That was their preseason poll. The first in-season poll has yet to come out and they seem to always be a day behind the other polls. The coaches seem to always be tougher on IU when it comes to the polls and they usually have IU ranked lower than the other polls.
I didn't even notice the date. I'd looked to see where Duke was and also thought that Coastal didn't suffer too much from our win. My bad.

With the first weekend of the season out of the way, we are starting the season with a RPI of 27. There are a just a handful of games being played today with some of those being games that were rescheduled because of weather over the weekend. I don't see any games that have yet to be played or are in progress that would probably change our RPI any. However, the way they calculate the RPI, even a game between teams with low RPIs can sometime affect the top RPIs.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I think IU moves up … and even more with a sweep v. Baylor.

Bats started hot, and pitching is cooling the opposition.

Reactions: Irregulars
Three teams in the Frisco tournament this weekend are in the D1Baseball poll with Alabama (8-0) at No. 16, IU (6-1) at No. 20, and Dallas Baptist (7-0) at No. 25. The fourth team, Arizona (4-3) was ranked No. 23 earlier but had dropped out. IU is the only B1G team in that poll after Iowa fell out after going to 3-4 in the early going.
Get 2-1 and move up … or move down.

We could probably go 1-2 this weekend and move up. We've only played one team in the Top 70 current RPI and lost. The RPI is not anywhere near developed yet so wild swings are in order - playing and losing against good competition will be better than beating up Baylor in a three-game series.

Not trying to diminish anything going on right now - I'm stoked.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT