ADVERTISEMENT

Hooray for the 2nd Amendment

It certainly is. It’s theintersection of a Venn diagram where mental illness and access to guns meet that is really scary. We can’t eliminate either but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to mitigate.
Nah. I’m on the slippers slope side of the gun argument.

No, not all semi-auto, just semi-auto high-powered military style rifles. 22LRs and the like aren’t on the table.
Of course, that’s YOUR definition of an assault rifle. Thats how far YOU’D be willing to go.

I can promise you there are a LOT of people who want to go a LOT farther than that.

And when you ban those rifles and another shooting inevitably happens, than we move on to 22 rifles and such.

It’s a losing proposition because mass shootings aren’t happening because we have to many guns.

For the record, I support enhanced red flag laws and waiting periods.

I’ll never support banning actual guns beyond what we already ban.

Of course, that’s YOUR definition of an assault rifle. Thats how far YOU’D be willing to go.

I can promise you there are a LOT of people who want to go a LOT farther than that.

And when you ban those rifles and another shooting inevitably happens, than we move on to 22 rifles and such.

It’s a losing proposition because mass shootings aren’t happening because we have to many guns.

[/QUOTE

The good ole slippery slope so do nothing fallacy. One of my favorites.

I can respect that. But anybody who would ban a 22LR is bit a serious person.

Inject referring to household cleaner. My bad, that is sane.
You simply regurgitated the legacy media talking points with your choice of words. Tells me a great deal about you. But yes, it was a dumb statement by Trump. And? He never suggested anybody do that. He said they would study it. Dumb, but not harmful to anyone.

You simply regurgitated the legacy media talking points with your choice of words. Tells me a great deal about you. But yes, it was a dumb statement by Trump. And?

And. I was just suggesting that if injecting bleach cures Covid then maybe it cures mental illness as well. I actually didn’t even reference Trump or anything he said in my original post.

And. I was just suggesting that if injecting bleach cures Covid then maybe it cures mental illness as well. I actually didn’t even reference Trump or anything he said in my original post.
Bleach doesn’t cure Covid though. Nobody ever said it did. Trump said the scientists would study it. Dumb statement, but not harmful to anyone. And you admitted in a following response to attributing that statement to Trump.

He certainly implied that injection of household cleaners might cure Covid. Very small step from there for MAGA to drink bleach. Proof? They did.
He said the scientists would study it. That’s it. You are wrong. If anyone consumed disinfectant, that’s on them.

Last edited:
He said the scientists would study it. That’s it. You are wrong.

No. I’m not wrong. He told a mentally borderline group that maybe getting household disinfectants into their bodies would save their lives.

And even if it hadn’t caused any harm, what does this have to do with my original post?

Finally, it causes de facto harm simply by our president being stupid enough to say such a thing.

No. I’m not wrong. He told a mentally borderline group that maybe getting household disinfectants into their bodies would save their lives.

And even if it hadn’t caused any harm, what does this have to do with my original post?

Finally, it causes de facto harm simply by our president being stupid enough to say such a thing.
No he didn’t. You are blatantly lying. He said they’d study it. You are so much of what is wrong with society today.

No he didn’t. You are blatantly lying. He said they’d study it. You are so much of what is wrong with society today.

Ok, he didn’t suggest that introduction of disinfectants into the body might be the answer to Covid. My bad, I must have misunderstood him.

I get what you’re saying, but reasonable people can agree on the most lethal long gun varieties. We can see them is most all mass shootings. Let’s start there.

Also, the other option is we keep shrugging our shoulders and waiting for the next school shooting while we do absolutely nothing. I find that unacceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Whether he had it legally or not is not the point.
What is the point?

Old saying, but effective---"Guns do not kill----People with guns do."

I have guns. Not a one of them have ever gotten out of the safe, grabbed my car keys, drove into town, and killed a bunch of people...

Guns are not the issue. People are.

What is the point?

Old saying, but effective---"Guns do not kill----People with guns do."

I have guns. Not a one of them have ever gotten out of the safe, grabbed my car keys, drove into town, and killed a bunch of people...

Guns are not the issue. People are.

Bombs don’t kill either. Maybe we should start selling those then.

Or the ass-backward interpretation of it in the holler.

Meanwhile the fvcking FBI knew of his threats and did nothing to save the public. It's time to start reinstitutionalization. Too many people shouldn't be roaming free in society, let alone have access to weapons.

We asked for it as part of the changes in the 1960s. With all of the positives come negatives and this is one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT