ADVERTISEMENT

Hmm...Sanguinetti is a nice get.....

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
but otherwise, I must say, that's not a good signing day for us. All in all though, absolutely nothing to complain about with this class. So now I wonder if we're looking to add grad transfers, or simply transfers, late add JuCo's etc. Or, doing nothing else. & obviously, with the 2 signing periods, days like this are going to happen considering many classes are primarily full before the day begins anyhow, for us it's a bit of a bummer though to miss on all of those OT targets, Kristian F Williams, &...what happened with Latrell Jean--& why do I suspect academic issues with him?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hate to admit it, but I guess I’m of the “immediate gratification” camp even at my age. Was really hoping for a big surprise or two. Guess we’ll wait and see now.

Maybe our "big surprise" this year was the QB transfer???
There’s no question that was a great surprise. But it didn’t happen today. Being greedy, I wanted something awesome today.

The best thing was how IU was competing against the "big boy" programs in the country for players despite not signing several. Weaver and Sanguinetti look to be very good prospects for IU in the future. We were hoping for a bigger splash today but when you add in Tuttle to the 2019 class it is a very good class for IU.

Reactions: ak78, 76-1 and mk23
There’s no question that was a great surprise. But it didn’t happen today. Being greedy, I wanted something awesome today.
We have the 37th best class in the nation, multiple 4 stars...and you’re disappointed?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hate to admit it, but I guess I’m of the “immediate gratification” camp even at my age. Was really hoping for a big surprise or two. Guess we’ll wait and see now.
I'm right there with you. I think the early signing day makes this one a little "meh" unless there is a big fish you're waiting on, or a big surprise. Otherwise, the class was pretty well wrapped up in December. I'm a big fan of the early signing day, though, as I think it gives the 2nd/3rd tier programs a little security not having to stress about holding onto their guys in the 11th hour and then having to scramble. This last month and half has just been an opportunity to bolster what we have.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23
I'm right there with you. I think the early signing day makes this one a little "meh" unless there is a big fish you're waiting on, or a big surprise. Otherwise, the class was pretty well wrapped up in December. I'm a big fan of the early signing day, though, as I think it gives the 2nd/3rd tier programs a little security not having to stress about holding onto their guys in the 11th hour and then having to scramble. This last month and half has just been an opportunity to bolster what we have.
There’s no question this day was a lot less stressful than they used to be. LOVE the security of the early signing day and it seems the staff developed a swing for the fence approach for this period. I like it. Now let’s see if we can snag a grad transfer or 2.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT