ADVERTISEMENT

Hmm, here's something to keep an eye on. I'd love to drop

I saw that, too. As it stands, I'd have to buy the $350 'router' device plus this other thing to stick out my window (not yet priced), plus potentially a signal extender. Are they expecting people to pay $500-$600 in upfront costs just to (maybe) save a little bit on their current bill?

They need to eat the upfront costs, or make this thing play nice with all of my existing equipment that I have invested in over the years. Otherwise, I don't see this catching on.

Plus, I live in the middle of nowhere - so this won't reach my home for years (if ever). I'm also very happy with my current service and the price I pay.

I saw that, too. As it stands, I'd have to buy the $350 'router' device plus this other thing to stick out my window (not yet priced), plus potentially a signal extender. Are they expecting people to pay $500-$600 in upfront costs just to (maybe) save a little bit on their current bill?

They need to eat the upfront costs, or make this thing play nice with all of my existing equipment that I have invested in over the years. Otherwise, I don't see this catching on.

Plus, I live in the middle of nowhere - so this won't reach my home for years (if ever). I'm also very happy with my current service and the price I pay.

The article makes no mention of the monthly service fee or data rates. For a $350 up-front cost, I'd have to save at least $15-20 a month to consider it. I'd recoup the money in less than 2 years and I'd better get a 3-year warranty.

Of course, given their last venture, I'd wait until they went through the legal process before signing up. They might not be around after 2 years.

The article makes no mention of the monthly service fee or data rates. For a $350 up-front cost, I'd have to save at least $15-20 a month to consider it. I'd recoup the money in less than 2 years and I'd better get a 3-year warranty.

Of course, given their last venture, I'd wait until they went through the legal process before signing up. They might not be around after 2 years.
I agree with everything that's been said, but I'm pretty motivated to get away from the monopolies of the cable companies and AT&T.

Reactions: Moops
I agree with everything that's been said, but I'm pretty motivated to get away from the monopolies of the cable companies and AT&T.

I really like FIOS though. But I'm looking to get rid of TV altogether. So I'd be open if they were cheaper and reliable.

Forget the money savings, if any. They're talking 1 GB service. Of course I'll believe all of this when it's actually available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT