ADVERTISEMENT

Hiller Moving Forward?

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
From Hiller’s Bio:
• Oversaw 16 All-Sun Belt Conference players, five NFL Draft selections, and five NFL free agents in his decade at Arkansas State University (2002-11). The Red Wolves earned a pair of conference championships, including a 10-2 record and a GoDaddy.com Bowl appearance in 2011.
• Indiana head coach Tom Allen was an assistant head coach on the 2011 ASU staff.

So if Tom Allen is getting the old Ark St band back together- I seriously fear Hiller is sticking around.

OMG

Waiting on Hiller also precludes portal signings. Bell may want to keep Hiller so he doesn't have instant accountability - keeping Hiller gives him an excuse when the O stinks again next year. I can't imagine Walt Bell attracting talent. Recruitment on offense is going to go back to two star guys. If Allen wanted to upgrade the O-line he needed a much better position coach and a much more cridible coordinator. Which four star qbs will want to be tutored by Walt Bell?

I would say the only chance Allen has to save this job now is bring in some miracle working OL coach who can orchestrate an amazing run game. He does not have a dynamic OC, so the best hope is a grind out ball control run game.

We may be waiting until after the early signing period to let him go. Recruits may back out of a commitment if they lose their lead recruiter (see: Hoover) but losing a position coach doesn't get them out of their NLI.
Lol, no chance this happens

Waiting on Hiller also precludes portal signings. Bell may want to keep Hiller so he doesn't have instant accountability - keeping Hiller gives him an excuse when the O stinks again next year. I can't imagine Walt Bell attracting talent. Recruitment on offense is going to go back to two star guys. If Allen wanted to upgrade the O-line he needed a much better position coach and a much more cridible coordinator. Which four star qbs will want to be tutored by Walt Bell?
I can think of two that evidently do... 😉

Tuttle and McCulley... 😀

We may be waiting until after the early signing period to let him go. Recruits may back out of a commitment if they lose their lead recruiter (see: Hoover) but losing a position coach doesn't get them out of their NLI.
Still sticking with this?

Hiller needs to go … the talent has been brought in and not developed.

The OL has been a train wreck … please stop the insanity and fire the guy. It’s not like he didn’t make good money these past few years. He’ll be ok, just suck it up and can him already!!!

Reactions: iufootballadvocate

I think the early signing results have shown recruiting didn’t fall back to two star guys … who are preferred walk ons now. …. Walt Bell didn’t scare any of the 4-stars away. Walt may do well 1 on 1 with recruits.

Hoover could have reacted to the 2-10 record, lackluster QB play, as much as Sheridan’s circumstance.
Or it could be as simple as TCU is an hour and a half away (65 miles or so) from Rockwall.
Rockwall to IUB is 849 mi and at least 12-14 hours.

I think the early signing results have shown recruiting didn’t fall back to two star guys … who are preferred walk ons now. …. Walt Bell didn’t scare any of the 4-stars away. Walt may do well 1 on 1 with recruits.

Hoover could have reacted to the 2-10 record, lackluster QB play, as much as Sheridan’s circumstance.
Or it could be as simple as TCU is an hour and a half away (65 miles or so) from Rockwall.
Rockwall to IUB is 849 mi and at least 12-14 hours.
Nil may be a factor. Only takes one man or one group to step up and offer a kid money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT