ADVERTISEMENT

Heyward!!!

He has Heyward stats wrong in that twitter pic. Heyward batted .293 for the season with 13 hr, 60 rbi and 23 SB.
Being a baseball fan, this should be a really fun team to watch. I wonder who they will trade for another starter. It will also be interesting to see if Theo pursues Chapman from the Reds.

He has Heyward stats wrong in that twitter pic. Heyward batted .293 for the season with 13 hr, 60 rbi and 23 SB.
Being a baseball fan, this should be a really fun team to watch. I wonder who they will trade for another starter. It will also be interesting to see if Theo pursues Chapman from the Reds.
That would be the last step, wouldn't it? A quality closer? Only thing missing.

Going to be a fun year, but expectations are going to be through the roof. Going to be a shit ton of pressure on these players. As a result of the Cubs' historic suckitude, perhaps the most pressure any baseball team has ever had. It now feels like 2016 is officially "Next Year" for real, and not just by way of platitudes. Never felt like this as a Cubs fan in my life.

Cardinals fans voice their reasonable opinions on the matter:

http://deadspin.com/bad-st-louis-cardinals-fans-assail-rent-a-player-for-l-1747618873

Wait until you get to the goldmine of racism curated in the comments section.
Unfortunately I looked at some of that Twitter stuff from @bestfansstlouis or whatever earlier. It's pretty unbelievable what people will post for all to see. It's pathetic, especially when it's just baseball. A small consolation is that it's a very small minority doing it. I hope.

Umm, based upon your secret torture prison in Chiraq, and the recent murder coverup by your police department, Cubs fans must STFU about Cardinals fans being racist. Actions speak louder and words, Chicago.
Whoa. I've never even lived in Chicago. This isn't a contest. But Cards fans have had a pretty bad year on the racism front, I think that's pretty clear.

Whoa. I've never even lived in Chicago. This isn't a contest. But Cards fans have had a pretty bad year on the racism front, I think that's pretty clear.

No shit, but so has Chicago, Goat. Don't go painting with your broad brush when your fan base mostly lives in what is obviously one of the most corrupt and racist cities in the USA.

I can play nice, but jesus, a Cubs fan calling the Cardinals fan base racist is ****ing complete hypocrisy.

No shit, but so has Chicago, Goat. Don't go painting with your broad brush when your fan base mostly lives in what is obviously one of the most corrupt and racist cities in the USA.

I can play nice, but jesus, a Cubs fan calling the Cardinals fan base racist is ****ing complete hypocrisy.
Dude. I was just sharing actual examples of the worst of the worst. I didn't say anything to the effect of all Cards fans being racists or anything. Sensitive much?

You want to make fun of one of my fan bases? Try this one:
1440814910456974405.jpg

Yes, that picture is from this season.

(Source in case picture doesn't load.)

Chicago fans don't hold themselves up to some anointed higher level of sports fandom. They openly accept they are vagrant assholes like the other 99% of sports fans. There are 2 examples in major American sports that derive a certain amount of self-worth out of their belief they are somehow a more pure form of fan than their counterparts: Saint Louis Cardinals baseball fans and Green Bay Packer football fans.

Now, I and anyone who has had substantial interactions with these fan bases will admit they are on the upper end of the fan spectrum and totally tolerable to be around as a visiting fan. But they are by no mean holier-than-thou and yet the majority hold some aire that they are. So because of that extra tender hypocrisy, it is always appropriate to point out when these fanbases show their commonplace ignorance and racism. Had Heyward spurned the Yankees or Red Sox for another team, nobody would care about the racist tweets because everyone (including Boston and New York fans) would accept they are shitty assholes as common knowledge. It draws attention, though, coming from St. Louis because its a fanbase showing they are less than they hold themselves up as.

Last edited:
Chicago fans don't hold themselves up to some anointed higher level of sports fandom. They openly accept they are vagrant assholes like the other 99% of sports fans. There are 2 examples in major American sports that derive a certain amount of self-worth out of their belief they are somehow a more pure form of fan than their counterparts: Saint Louis Cardinals baseball fans and Green Bay Packer football fans.

Now, I and anyone who has had substantial interactions with these fan bases will admit they are on the upper end of the fan spectrum and totally tolerable to be around as a visiting fan. But they are by no mean holier-than-thou and yet the majority hold some aire that they are. So because of that extra tender hypocrisy, it is always appropriate to point out when these fanbases show their commonplace ignorance and racism. Had Heyward spurned the Yankees or Red Sox for another team, nobody would care about the racist tweets because everyone (including Boston and New York fans) would accept they are shitty assholes as common knowledge. It draws attention, though, coming from St. Louis because its a fanbase showing they are less than they hold themselves up as.

I submit the following: Donald Trump is leading the field for one of our political parties. I'd submit racism is endemic to the USA as a whole and not tied to specific areas. The myth the south is more racist is now laughable; the north is just as racist, but northern racism is the more insidious type, the covert "I don't have the balls to admit I am racist" type.

As far as your assertion that Green Bay and Cards fans think they are better, I don't see it. I don't think any fan base can make that claim anymore, in the USA anyway. I will say I have never had a negative experience in St. Louis. The closest was a Cards fan admonishing my friend for cursing in public. I have never seen a Cards fan behave badly to other fans. I've only been to 50 or so games over the years, so the admittedly the sample size is small.

Every fan base has its share of assholes that creep out of the woodwork in times of adversity. Ask Albert Pujols. Ask Mike Davis. Ask Brett Farve. Ask Jay Cutler. Don't try to sell me on your bullshit that Cards fans think they are superior, because that is a lie, springing from a jealous standpoint usually. Like IU fans of old, *some* Cards fans pride themselves on a knowledge of the game and sportsmanship. Going back to my Trump point at the beginning, as our society dies and crumbles, of course idiots, no matter whose jersey they wear are going to make asses of themselves.

In short, saying one fanbase is more racist or worse than the other is just ****ing stupid.

Chicago and St Louis fans battling it out for "least racist".......epic.

As for Heyward, hopefully his bat resembles last year's and not his previous 5. Dude's been jinxed since the EASports cover.

But...he's the best right fielder in baseball and defensively this is a HR for the Flubbos.

And I like Zobrist a lot. Guy can play any where and is on base all the time...with a little pop.

Chicago and St Louis fans battling it out for "least racist".......epic.

As for Heyward, hopefully his bat resembles last year's and not his previous 5. Dude's been jinxed since the EASports cover.

But...he's the best right fielder in baseball and defensively this is a HR for the Flubbos.

And I like Zobrist a lot. Guy can play any where and is on base all the time...with a little pop.

It is not a battle of who is least racist. It is a commentary on how asinine the whole "our fans are better than your fans" argument is. YOu want a dumb and racist fan base? Look no further than IU. That said, it is a national issue, and on a broader level, a humanity issue.

Rooting for some guy in a Cubs (or any sports team) jersey doesn't make you superior to anyone. One of the many reasons I am tired of sports fandom these days.

It is not a battle of who is least racist. It is a commentary on how asinine the whole "our fans are better than your fans" argument is. YOu want a dumb and racist fan base? Look no further than IU. That said, it is a national issue, and on a broader level, a humanity issue.

Rooting for some guy in a Cubs (or any sports team) jersey doesn't make you superior to anyone. One of the many reasons I am tired of sports fandom these days.

Obama was supposed to bring us together.

No one here said anyone's fans are better than anyone else's. You just got a sandy vagina in this thread.

But, Ohio State fans are objectively worse than other fans.

No one here said anyone's fans are better than anyone else's. You just got a sandy vagina in this thread.

But, Ohio State fans are objectively worse than other fans.

I'd argue my vaginal walls have the texture of 120 grit sandpaper all the time, sir. I'm jealous of OSU fans. I wish I could look at a one loss season as a failure.

For Dusto and his band of merry Schwarber jock sniffers that said I was wrong about the Cards offer to Heyward:

"First of all, the Cubs’ proposal had a higher annual average value ($23 million) than the Cardinals’ apparent bid. It’s important to remember that, because Heyward can become a free agent again after the 2018 season, or the 2019 season. So basically, he signed on for the top-dollar amount right now, with a chance to earn even more money if he ventures into free agency a second time at age 29 or age 30. And two opt-out opportunities for a 26-year-old player are worth considerably more than the $16 million difference between the Cardinals and Cubs in present-day money."

For Dusto and his band of merry Schwarber jock sniffers that said I was wrong about the Cards offer to Heyward:

"First of all, the Cubs’ proposal had a higher annual average value ($23 million) than the Cardinals’ apparent bid. It’s important to remember that, because Heyward can become a free agent again after the 2018 season, or the 2019 season. So basically, he signed on for the top-dollar amount right now, with a chance to earn even more money if he ventures into free agency a second time at age 29 or age 30. And two opt-out opportunities for a 26-year-old player are worth considerably more than the $16 million difference between the Cardinals and Cubs in present-day money."
All we said was offered more money, never did we talk about AAV because we didn't know those figures yet.

Guess your butthurtness carried over the weekend still...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT