ADVERTISEMENT

Hello*

bbe13383910939a081f3a7387aaa817d.jpg

Never completely went away as I had a newish year subscription.

Truth is life is getting kinda heavy on my shoulders and I could use another outlet to blow some steam.

Oldest daughter tried to take her life last night. Thankfully she only took 6 pills.

As a father you just want to be able to help your kid the best you can and I don’t know how to make her pain go away.

She’s starting an Intensive Outpatient program today 6 hours a day M-F.

Doing the best I can to stay strong for my family.

Its hard to talk to my family and and friends for support so I thought I’d seek the support of you a-holes. Shows how dumb I am.

TIA

Truth is life is getting kinda heavy on my shoulders and I could use another outlet to blow some steam.

Oldest daughter tried to take her life last night. Thankfully she only took 6 pills.

As a father you just want to be able to help your kid the best you can and I don’t know how to make her pain go away.

Its hard to talk to my family and and friends for support so I thought I’d seek the support of you a-holes. Shows how dumb I am.

TIA
Anything in a 2 piece?

Reactions: largemouth
Many years ago (IIRC - Bush/Gore election) we had a similar experience. I didn't care whether it was a "cry for help" or sincere - it sucked bad. I can't say that it was a wake up call, either. It did open avenues for additional help for us - and meaningful help had been really, really hard to find. Unconditional love, no judgement, tons of patience. I spent too much time wondering what we had done wrong - just don't. We made it thru (and continue to "make it thru") - she is doing well and is the best parent I've ever seen. YOU cannot make her pain go away. Today, the best offering to her is unconditional love without judgement.

TIA

Best of luck to you Eppy - my son dealt with depression issues throughout his jr. high/high school years. Scary stuff. I felt like someone kicked me in the gut when a counselor diagnosed him with depression - I'll never forget that feeling. Thankfully he got through those times and seems to be fairly well adjusted these days. I don't have any magic words of advice because I felt incredibly frustrated at my inability to solve his internal problems. I'm just thankful that we seem to have made it through that time - hope you have the same result.

TIA

Sorry to hear that man. I'll joke about most anything, but nothing can break your heart (or wallet) like your own child struggling like that. Two things I've accepted: 1) I don't believe anyone can "fix" broken people, it has to come from them, and 2) anyone, no matter how perfect, can have a child who's broken. Love her, do all you can and what you think is right, but at the end of the day, her recovery and happiness is up to her. And, maybe a 3rd: 3) no matter what, bouncing titties will probably make you smile!

bikini-top-bouncy-boobs1.gif

v1PERA.gif

Last edited:

TIA
Sorry to hear about your daughter but glad she is getting help. We worry about the safety of our children and that never ends. It is true that we are only as happy as our saddest kid.

I had a family member that got involved with drugs, was raped in college at Ball State, got pregnant after that and had a baby and attempted suicide on a couple of occasions.

She struggled for a while after she moved back with her family to finish college. She is now married to the first male (other than her dad) that treats her well and has 3 girls. There were several tough moments but she is keeping up her mental health care and from all reports is doing well.

This is a good place to vent. There are times when I don't want to burden a friend or family with my issues. There are times I want to vent without the possibility of it spreading within my circle of trust. We are here for you buddy. It is going to get better.

TIA

Praying for her and your family. The human heart and mind are both wondrous and deep ... both joy and torment can be present and as others have said, they best you can do is demonstrate unconditional love and support.

I’ll just pray from a far ... life can be pretty ruthless at times ... here’s praying for better days ahead and a viewpoint that the life in front is one worth striving for.

TIA

Sorry to hear that, brother.

Nothing makes ya feel worse than when your kids are hurting.

I have a cousin whose daughter had the same issues - eating and depression.

The good news - all is well these days.

Light at then end of the tunnel.

She took some time off from school, got the help, spent some time contemplating clouds and mountains, and is happy living.

Tell her I said the world is a better place with her in it.

Maybe get her a puppy?

Nothing like cleaning puppy shit out of carpeting to make a gal forget her troubles.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: kkott and Eppy99

TIA
I just said a prayer for you. We've had a lot of emotional turmoil with our oldest daughter too. She gave her heart and body to a boy who really did a mental number on her. She ended up taking some of my prescription pills which gave her an upset stomach, but didn't kill her. Hang in there my friend. We dads can stick together and be a good outlet. Keep us informed on how she is doing. My daughter is doing much better and is going to have our second grandson. Yet she still lives with the mental scars from the past. Hopefully she can work through them with her new husband. I am thankful to God that your daughter was not successful. Where there is life there is always hope.

Last edited:
Man, I don’t think I’ve been so mentally exhausted. Today was day one of the inpatient therapy followed by our first family group therapy sessions. Collecting all the medicine in the house. Bought a lock box for all the knives and looking for sharp objects. I can’t and don’t won’t to let her out of my site while she’s home. It’s this or put her in the hospital 24/7 until she’s not a threat to herself. I feel like I have a bias opinion against sending here there, I hope I’m not making a mistake.

The fear of going to sleep and hoping she’s still with us...I’ve never lived my life so day to
Day.

I think I’m going to make her sleep with us tonight....

Pray if you pray, smoke a fattie for me...I want this nightmare to end. Lord...I don’t call on you often but protect my baby girl from further harm.

nite my friends

Nothing to say but best wishes for your family, and thank jebus she wasn't successful. Stay strong my dude. Us dumbasses are right here if you need to blow off some steam.

TIA
e

Reactions: Eppy99
Man, I don’t think I’ve been so mentally exhausted. Today was day one of the inpatient therapy followed by our first family group therapy sessions. Collecting all the medicine in the house. Bought a lock box for all the knives and looking for sharp objects. I can’t and don’t won’t to let her out of my site while she’s home. It’s this or put her in the hospital 24/7 until she’s not a threat to herself. I feel like I have a bias opinion against sending here there, I hope I’m not making a mistake.

The fear of going to sleep and hoping she’s still with us...I’ve never lived my life so day to
Day.

Pray if you pray, smoke a fattie for me...I want this nightmare to end. Lord...I don’t call on you often but protect my baby girl from further harm.

nite my friends
Prayers for Eppy

Day.

nite my friends

Thoughts and prayers buddy...hang in there!

Damn man. Stay strong for her and the rest of the family. Your time to get right will come.

Everybody woke up this morning. Tonight is our sabbath. Will do a lot of reflection and spend time exclusively with the family.
I thought about you as I was getting ready this morning and how your night went. It is good to hear everyone is safe. It sounds like you are facing it together. In the difficult times, the support of loved ones help pick me up and motivate me to move forward. I worry about people that don't have faith, family or friends for support. Your daughter is lucky to have support and that will be the biggest reason she will get better. Give your daughter a hug from me.

Everybody woke up this morning. Tonight is our sabbath. Will do a lot of reflection and spend time exclusively with the family.

I know I'm speaking out of school and out of my lane and away from my Holiday Inn Express, and you should listen to the docs and professionals, but the vast majority of suicide "attempts" are usually just a way to let folks know "I'm really hurting - help me help myself outta this pain." Unconditional love FELT after it is offered fixes a lot, and lets a lot of other stuff get fixed.

Your daughter clearly has folks around her - TIGHT around her - that love her unconditionally and are IN it with her.

She'll get that - now or soon - and this too shall pass.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

KvbvqdF.gif

And if all this somber serious advice shit fails, bang her therapist with a bag of kosher rice.
Just sayin' ...

Thanks for the support guys. So we decided to have her transferred to inpatient care. In a way this is somewhat of a relief as it is really stressful making sure the house is completely safe and watching her every move. The fact she admitted she’s too suicidal and not sure she would come to us was enough for the doctor to encourage us this is the best route. Giving up my baby for a week will really suck but I’m an optimist so I have to believe a lot of good can come from this. They’re also much better equipped to deal with her eating disorder than the outpatient team. Honestly at 78 lbs we’ve got to get her healthy enough to endure the therapy needed to get her through this.

Thanks for the support guys. So we decided to have her transferred to inpatient care. In a way this is somewhat of a relief as it is really stressful making sure the house is completely safe and watching her every move. The fact she admitted she’s too suicidal and not sure she would come to us was enough for the doctor to encourage us this is the best route. Giving up my baby for a week will really suck but I’m an optimist so I have to believe a lot of good can come from this. They’re also much better equipped to deal with her eating disorder than the outpatient team. Honestly at 78 lbs we’ve got to get her healthy enough to endure the therapy needed to get her through this.

You'll know she is safe.
She will know she is safe.
Not having to worry about it will help you both.

Wise decision.
giphy.gif

Please stop.
This place can't take appropriate behavior.

Sorry to hear about your daughter but glad she is getting help. We worry about the safety of our children and that never ends. It is true that we are only as happy as our saddest kid.

This is a good place to vent. There are times when I don't want to burden a friend or family with my issues. There are times I want to vent without the possibility of it spreading within my circle of trust. We are here for you buddy. It is going to get better.

We dont judge but the only price is the perviness which can easily be overcome by posting something like this:

1080full-carmella-rose.jpg

or this....

633full-brooke-buchanan.jpg

or that....

Malaysia_Boudoir_Photography_009.JPG

or another....

Malaysia_Boudoir_Photography_004.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT