ADVERTISEMENT

Hay Jeopardy! nerds

James finally made a statement for the old guard. Out of the 4 old guard in the Masters, none were competitive for a while. I wonder if they have made so much they don't spend near as much time studying.

Matt, Mattea, and now Amy exit stage right.

Each of the final 3 seems to be the real deal, and it's not the walkover for James that many may have expected. Yogesh is pretty darn annoying though.

You all may have covered this already, but I watched a little of jeopardy a few weeks ago.
Is it now standard SOP that with each "answer" the contestants get visual cheat clues? Example;
What store sells items for under $1 (then you see a pic of a dollar sign and a tree)... HINT HINT HINT,,, doooh,,,
Um what is big lots, alex? ... wrong...

Is this really a Jeopardy thing now?

You all may have covered this already, but I watched a little of jeopardy a few weeks ago.
Is it now standard SOP that with each "answer" the contestants get visual cheat clues? Example;
What store sells items for under $1 (then you see a pic of a dollar sign and a tree)... HINT HINT HINT,,, doooh,,,
Um what is big lots, alex? ... wrong...

Is this really a Jeopardy thing now?
What? You watched very little. Like exactly one category.

No, it was like ~20 minutes of a 30 minute show (caught dbl jep, but not final Jep). All categories. Was it some special show, or is that normal for everything now?

For some reason, I think I remember an episode heavy on that type of clue, maybe one of the celebrity versions? It is not SOP. In fact there are complaints the questions are getting too convoluted. 20 years ago and before the professional trivia player was still rare. Now they all pretty much are. So the questions have gone from "Habsburg monarch who took office in 1740" to "the 1740 Habsburg Monarch's 3rd cousin's tutor in Latin was".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT