ADVERTISEMENT

Having Purdue and Michigan play in the.....

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
Championship game.... is why this East and West divisions are a joke!!!!!!!

I'm glad they will hopefully be switching that up in 2024 with the addition of the two west cost schools.

With three of our countries powerhouse teams in the east divsion... it's not a TRUE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

I hope it's a Michigan blowout today and I hope Purdues players will be eating plenty of rubber pellets from the turf.

I'm glad they will hopefully be switching that up in 2024 with the addition of the two west cost schools.

With three of our countries powerhouse teams in the east divsion... it's not a TRUE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

I hope it's a Michigan blowout today and I hope Purdues players will be eating plenty of rubber pellets from the turf.
I'm no boiler fan, but I'll not
be surprised if it's a closer game than everyone thinks.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Purdue has a puncher's chance. They get the occasional upset over a highly ranked opponent. Also, there is the possibility that the Wolverines could be looking ahead to the playoffs and dismiss the Boilers.

A few years ago the PAC12 moved from their North and South Division and having their top two teams play for the conference championship. I cannot wait for the B1G to do that, although am not a fan of adding two PAC12 teams to the B1G.

A few years ago the PAC12 moved from their North and South Division and having their top two teams play for the conference championship. I cannot wait for the B1G to do that, although am not a fan of adding two PAC12 teams to the B1G.
Ha, I love the move the money will flow like honey. F*ck the sec. I think they should grab CU (Denver) and Oregon who already has a big following. Bring em on and stay aggressive.

The JV div champ is basically a team in a four way tie for fifth in the league. Just silly.

I heard this argument that IU would benefit by having a realigned division. I get having to play OSU and UM (strong perennial powerhouses in FB) but IU loses to the "weaker" team of both the East and West. If memory serves me correct, IU only beat 1 team from the West in the last 2 years. The argument would be palatable if IU consistently had 4-5 B10 wins each season but you rely on a soft non-conference to get a bulk of your wins.

Not sure a realignment relieves what IU strugglwithith most.

I heard this argument that IU would benefit by having a realigned division. I get having to play OSU and UM (strong perennial powerhouses in FB) but IU loses to the "weaker" team of both the East and West. If memory serves me correct, IU only beat 1 team from the West in the last 2 years. The argument would be palatable if IU consistently had 4-5 B10 wins each season but you rely on a soft non-conference to get a bulk of your wins.

4-0 vs the west 2 yrs b4 that.

Well I'll tell you what big guy IUFB playing PSU, Meatchicken and the Bucks every season is miles difference vs. Iowa, Minnesota and NW. After tonight ask PUke fans their opinion. Naw don't ask cause PUkes lie.

Playing well in big game, run to IU board

Well, after all is said and done, Purdue didn't do any worse against Michigan than OSU. Actually, a tiny bit better and, it was a home game for Ohio State. May be the question is....are the Buckeyes good enough to be in the playoff? Doesn't seem like it. Lots of glitter, no grit.

Reactions: kmathum
Well, after all is said and done, Purdue didn't do any worse against Michigan than OSU. Actually, a tiny bit better and, it was a home game for Ohio State. May be the question is....are the Buckeyes good enough to be in the playoff? Doesn't seem like it. Lots of glitter, no grit.
Hell, IU lost to Michigan by the same margin: 21 points.

They have better athletes across the board.

in the sec mich and osu would be 2nd tier

Well…. My hopes didn’t come true. Purdue held their own and it wasn’t a blowout… but a size-able score.

Purdue didn’t eat as much rubber pellets as I would have liked… but it was still a loss.

Congrats to them for making the playoffs…. But bigger congrats to Michigan on their B1G championships, both outright league and Tourney.

Hell, IU lost to Michigan by the same margin: 21 points.

They have better athletes across the board.
I've seen every Buck's game. Huge amount of talent in receiving corps. But, overall, they have become soft. Very disappointed in them. No Jack Tatum, no Joey Bosa, no Chris Spielman. Must be a team philosophy at work. Needs to change quickly otherwise Michigan will run them off them field from now on.

My Buckeye Mom taught us to hate Michigan....you don't have to be taught to hate Harbaugh, it's just happens.

I've seen every Buck's game. Huge amount of talent in receiving corps. But, overall, they have become soft. Very disappointed in them. No Jack Tatum, no Joey Bosa, no Chris Spielman. Must be a team philosophy at work. Needs to change quickly otherwise Michigan will run them off them field from now on.

My Buckeye Mom taught us to hate Michigan....you don't have to be taught to hate Harbaugh, it's just happens.
I'm an Equal Opportunity Hater when it comes to OSU & Mich.... which one I'm hating on the most depends on the situation and what the outcome will mean to me. Right now I'm not hating on either one..... But Purdue, that's another story, I'm all hate all the time and damn proud of it! 😎

I'm an Equal Opportunity Hater when it comes to OSU & Mich.... which one I'm hating on the most depends on the situation and what the outcome will mean to me. Right now I'm not hating on either one..... But Purdue, that's another story, I'm all hate all the time and damn proud of it! 😎

I will always pull for UM over Ahia due simply to the Ahia fan base. They are the Ky of FB

This is literally the dumbest argument Purdue fans make and that tells you something. The deck is already heavily stacked against IU by having to play OSU, UM, and Penn State EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. Regardless if IU would win or not, IU stands much more of a punchers chance playing Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota every year than they do OSU, UM, and Penn State. Why? Because OSU, UM, and Penn State are by FAR the three most talented teams in the conference. I have no clue how IU would fare if they swapped positions with Purdue but I would guarantee you that IU would have a much better chance of winning 4-5 conference games a year playing in the West while also guaranteeing that Purdue’s chances of winning 4-5 games in the East drastically decreases. If you don’t understand this, then well, you’re an idiot.

Well I'll tell you what big guy IUFB playing PSU, Meatchicken and the Bucks every season is miles difference vs. Iowa, Minnesota and NW. After tonight ask PUke fans their opinion. Naw don't ask cause PUkes lie.
That's exactly right. When people continue to spew the narrative that IU never beats the West teams and that's proof the divisions are equal, that's missing the point. Playing the big boys game in and game out gets guys beat up. Even if they aren't "injured" they are beat to hell by the time we get to those West teams we should beat. Look no further than Illinois this year. We hadn't hit the meat grinder yet.

Soft is a narrative that the media pushed last year. They lost to Michigan this year because they were highly undisciplined and out coached in the 4th quarter. I don’t think they are soft. The D Line has some dudes and #35 is playing LB with 2 broken hands. Injuries have changed their offense. They were down their top 3 RB’s (Henderson, Williams and Pryor) and JSN has been out the entire season. Word in Columbus is they Get JSN and Williams back for UGA. That would be huge for them.

My entire family including my fiancé are OSU graduates so I get what you’re saying.

This is literally the dumbest argument Purdue fans make and that tells you something. The deck is already heavily stacked against IU by having to play OSU, UM, and Penn State EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. Regardless if IU would win or not, IU stands much more of a punchers chance playing Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota every year than they do OSU, UM, and Penn State. Why? Because OSU, UM, and Penn State are by FAR the three most talented teams in the conference. I have no clue how IU would fare if they swapped positions with Purdue but I would guarantee you that IU would have a much better chance of winning 4-5 conference games a year playing in the West while also guaranteeing that Purdue’s chances of winning 4-5 games in the East drastically decreases. If you don’t understand this, then well, you’re an idiot.
Honestly, I think I'd prefer to play the big teams, but that's just me. I'd rather play Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State every year than Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota. Big games and big upsets are fun. The West is obviously more evenly balanced top to bottom, while the East is better at the top. Overall, I think you probably end up with the same record either way, but there are only about 10 teams in the country that can make the playoff any year, and the rest of the teams are just there to cause chaos, which you can only do if you play the big boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT