ADVERTISEMENT

Has Indiana St. been to the NCAA Championship game more recently than PUke?

Has Indiana St. been to the NCAA Championship game more recently than PUke?

• Yes

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
The best overall team doesn't always win the tournament. It's as simple as that. And it is 100% correct.
Should competitive sports get rid of end of the year tournaments? Should PU cease participating in end of the year tournaments? Should teams just stop playing games because the "wrong" team might win?

I believe the professional sports are closer. NBA and NHL especially. Does st. Peters make the elite 8 of they have to play best of 5 every round? Or are people that build brackets really bad at their job that they can't watch hours of basketball and have every stay under the sun and get the bracket correct? Fact is, the best team does not always win the tournament. That is a fact for every tournament. 30 games of data over 4 months is a better indicator of 6 games in a couple weeks.

Do you believe 2012 iu want a top 16 team and spent all year overrated? Or #1 seed Virginia who lost in the first round not being a top 32 team?
Tournament success is all that matters. Being a fan of a school with no tournament success, I’m not shocked to hear you disagree.

Should competitive sports get rid of end of the year tournaments? Should PU cease participating in end of the year tournaments? Should teams just stop playing games because the "wrong" team might win?
Back to moving the goal post. Good talk

Tournament success is all that matters. Being a fan of a school with no tournament success, I’m not shocked to hear you disagree.
I don't disagree. But my point is not wrong. Don't change what I'm saying to fit a narrative.

Back to moving the goal post. Good talk
Once again, I'm just trying to make sense of your position. Every significant sport has an end of the year playoff/tournament, but you feel that this system is flawed. What would the better system be, and should end of the year tournaments/playoffs be scrapped?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT