ADVERTISEMENT

Harris vs. Trump 2024

You can tell this race is close. All media full on campaigning for their favorite.

Even PBS and NPR have dropped even their usual pretense (pretend pretense?) of even handedness. It's been a non-stop roar by NPR campaigning for Kamala today...

To paraphrase... "Next we bring on a scientist who who voted for Trump in 2020 but will not this time since he says Trump is so dangerous to the country. This man says Kamala's detailed and intelligent plans, to continue growing the economy and improve the security of our borders is what caused him to switch his vote, along with Trump being so threatening. This former Trump supporter feels the more people learn about Kamala and hear her discuss her plans, the stronger her support will be. The interview, next..."

Move to different major networks, tone is like this, "A Kamala adviser laments that the campaign has been too short for voters to get to know the real and wonderful Kamala. That clip right after we dig into whether Trump really did say Mother Teresa was a lying bitch as reportedly overheard at a campaign stop by a former Trump voter."

Checked out CNN, same thing. CNBC and MSNBC of course always. Fox the other way for Trump.

You can tell this race is close. All media full on campaigning for their favorite.

Even PBS and NPR have dropped even their usual pretense (pretend pretense?) of even handedness. It's been a non-stop roar by NPR campaigning for Kamala today...

To paraphrase... "Next we bring on a scientist who who voted for Trump in 2020 but will not this time since he says Trump is so dangerous to the country. This man says Kamala's detailed and intelligent plans, to continue growing the economy and improve the security of our borders is what caused him to switch his vote, along with Trump being so threatening. This former Trump supporter feels the more people learn about Kamala and hear her discuss her plans, the stronger her support will be. The interview, next..."

Move to different major networks, tone is like this, "A Kamala adviser laments that the campaign has been too short for voters to get to know the real and wonderful Kamala. That clip right after we dig into whether Trump really did say Mother Teresa was a lying bitch as reportedly overheard at a campaign stop by a former Trump voter."

Checked out CNN, same thing. CNBC and MSNBC of course always. Fox the other way for Trump.
Neato. Super cool story.

Bloomington 😄

Act of Voter Intimidation

Just wanted to share my experience today around 5:15PM. I voted early off Walnut at the polling station and it was fast and easy. As I went outside to take a selfie of my voting sticker while I was still in front of the building, a man screamed, "If you vote for Harris, you're a [f slur]". There was one other family near me and they also seemed startled, as it looked like they were about to enter the building.
I am guessing this was probably just a frat guy driving by (it all happened so fast and I couldn't see them), but by no means should this be acceptable. I did call the Monroe County Democratic Party headquarters and the chairman gave me a call back (currently playing phone tag), but it's appreciated. I highly doubt they'll be able to find out who did this, but just wanted to let others know what occurred.

Good summary of Trump's scandals below. Almost any of them would have ended the political prospects and political career of any normal person. Trump is not normal and the loyalty of many for Trump is not normal. We're living in a very strange time in US history.

Again half the country isn’t loyal to trump. For many it’s a referendum on the last four years and woke politics. Trump is a man placeholder

Again half the country isn’t loyal to trump. For many it’s a referendum on the last four years and woke politics
I didn't say have the country is loyal to Trump. A significant percent are so loyal that there is absolutely nothing Trump could say or do that will change their complete and total loyalty to him. Others that are voting for him are hoping that someone will restrain his craziness (they say that here). They're gambling. They might be right, but it's not a bet I'd make.

I didn't say have the country is loyal to Trump. A significant percent are so loyal that there is absolutely nothing Trump could say or do that will change their complete and total loyalty to him. Others that are voting for him are hoping that someone will restrain his craziness (they say that here). They're gambling. They might be right, but it's not a bet I'd make.
If that second group is wrong, they lose a lot, too because Trump probably sets the party and the conservative movement back decades.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It’s a bet I’ll take any day over what we saw the last four years

Reactions: jet812
If that second group is wrong, they lose a lot, too because Trump probably sets the party and the conservative movement back decades.
I do think the conservative movement will be set back significantly if Trump wins. A Trump loss is necessary for the party to take a good hard look at itself and make revisions necessary to make it a viable long-term national party. MAGA-Republican party (particularly the culture) is not viable.

I think my predictions were too low. We're winning the popular vote.

Both of these polls would fit in perfectly in my newly created MAGA victory celebration thread. Please feel free to contribute these and any others. We don't want them to get lost in the shuffle amidst this myriad of pages of this Harris vs Trump 2024 general election thread...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT