ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell fired by Purdue

I can’t imagine prepping for a Sugar Bowl matchup with Bama and Purdue calls lol.
Brohm left Purdue on its best footing since the early Tiller years and they hired a 36 year old coordinator for a B10 entry level salary. Now I'm expected to believe they are going to buy out Walters after only two seasons and pay $7-8mil a year for a proven P5 coach? I don't think @BoilerN even believes half the things that come out of his mouth.

Brohm left Purdue on its best footing since the early Tiller years and they hired a 36 year old coordinator for a B10 entry level salary. Now I'm expected to believe they are going to buy out Walters after only two seasons and pay $7-8mil a year for a proven P5 coach? I don't think @BoilerN even believes half the things that come out of his mouth.
BoilerN talks in homer speak: it can be right, it can also be wrong. Recently, it has been extremely wrong.

Sure feels that way doesn’t it? Took the air out of the tires. But at the same time, feels like if they beat Oregon state, they would be fine. This team cannot handle adversity.

Oregon state - two possessions inside the 10 with no points and fluky pick 6, fall flat
Nebraska - offense does nothing and defense finally breaks
Wisconsin - two interceptions and offense does nothing, everything breaks

This team just seems to lack toughness. Defense can look decent for a half, but there is nothing in the offense. Nothing. Did ND break the offense? Maybe? But its concepts are also bad and slow. Curious to see it without Card this weekend.
No team, be it IU or Purdue or any of the other 90% of programs in this conference, should ever go the route of hiring a new head coach that is not (a) a current sitting head coach and (b) cannot bring a staff with him. I’ve seen this so many times at IU that it makes you want to puke. The former coordinator route may work at Michigan or OSU. Hell, I’m not even sure it’s going to work at Michigan. But, those are different situations where a staff composed of a bunch of scattered pieces from various places is overcome with elite talent.

I recall one very rare example in this conference with Barry Alvarez taking over Wisconsin. However, Dave McClain had started them on the right path.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT