ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday, TMP

I don't think he looks 50.......

latest

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I thought my post was nice. BTW, I get some amusement out of the fact that your family are 'pubs. I would pay to hear your mother lecture you about Trump!
Yea, it was annoying, I hate mentioning politics around them. She isn't voting for him, she'll vote Bush, which makes me puke..

and her main complaint was she basically hates Hillary..

That can't be entirely true. You have to have found it at least once.
I know where it's at on Wednesday, hopefully I catch it ..

and there's no doubt I'll find it before money finds a clitoris... lol

I love those guys and everything they've been doing, That whole playing for change thing is just awesome.
The Playing for Change version of Gimme Shelter is the best I've ever heard.

No offense to Mick and the boys...

hero-tony-leung-face.jpg
This is how I picture TMD only a little older. Also name that movie. Yes I know the dude is Chinese and TMP has some Nippon in there.

Nick you would be surprised how close I look to that dude. I don't have that many Asian features, the Caucasian half is more dominant, but if I were pure asian, that's probably what I would look like or very close. I've told people for ever that when I retire I'm growing a long wispy beard wear robes and will talk in confusing wisdom. I like getting old, except for the random pain, my Mothers culture still respect the venerable.

Hero... doh!

The Playing for Change version of Gimme Shelter is the best I've ever heard.

No offense to Mick and the boys...
I like their La Bamba, and Gimme Shelter is also excellent. Stand by Me, almost everything they've done. The arrangements especially just shine..

I'm too superficial to ever tell .. older though.

Don't tell them your age. Tell them the year you were born. These are just simple OTFers. The common clay and ragtag remnants of what used to be a proud IU fanbase. You know, morons.

It'll confuse the hell out of them.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Don't tell them your age. Tell them the year you were born. These are just simple OTFers. The common clay and ragtag remnants of what used to be a proud IU fanbase. You know, morons.

It'll confuse the hell out of them.

I've literally been bent over and unable to stand straight up since Sunday. Today being my birthday and combined with me walking around like I'm 90, and with a bad hip for godsakes equals more old man jokes than a person can tolerate.

Last edited:
I'm too superficial to ever tell .. older though.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with The Secret Language of Birthdays book, but here is your day, September 4th (each day has a title, interestingly my birthday is The Day of Artful Force. So I've got that going for me. lol). Yours (This is LONG, but there were some bits that seemed accurate).
"The Day of the Builder
The dominant theme in the lives of September 4 people is that of building. No matter what their career, family situation or social circle is, they are taken up with matters of structure, form, organization and putting things together to make them work. Although many September 4 people possess technical ability, it is more in envisioning and planning that those born on this day shine. Building systems, for example, that produce goods or supply services, in material or theoretical terms, is their forte. Pragmatic to the extreme, September 4 people believe that the true measure of methods is in the results.

Because of their understanding of how systems function, those born on this day are also able to criticize, analyze and sometimes tear constructs apart to show when and where they do not work. Furthermore, September 4 people can often suggest practical solutions or improvements that really make a difference. Those less highly evolved September 4 people who have no desire to contribute to society can make excellent criminals, or at the least people who know how to get around the system, since their knowledge of how the establishment works is generally thorough.

September 4 people are not fond of taking the long way around. They are most concerned with efficiency, and if in business to provide a product or service, they will make sure that their clients get their money’s worth. That life in general be successful and prosperous is important to them, as they could not view an enterprise which was run at a loss as anything but disaster.

Of course, not all September 4 people are involved with building tangible structures or entities, but mostly all of the people born on this day are at work amassing, collecting or cultivating something. Whether September 4 people are building a career, reputation or a family “dynasty”, they generally establish themselves slowly and proceed measuredly, brick by brick.

Those born on this day believe that the old must be cleared to make way for the new; if faced with a structure based on an unifirm foundation, their impulse is generally to raze it and rebuild, not just to patch and paste. Others may not be so understanding of this attitude, themselves preferring to leave things be, no matter how rotten. But bad teeth, bad friends, bad marriages, bad buildings, bad ideas, even bad cars will all eventually suffer the same fate in the hands of September 4 people; indeed those born on this day are merciless when cutting away what they consider unhealthy for the entire organism, whether that organism be a human body, family or company."

That last paragraph seemed especially timely given our convo the other day. Very nice that you celebrate your mom. Anyway, have a good one dude.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with The Secret Language of Birthdays book, but here is your day, September 4th (each day has a title, interestingly my birthday is The Day of Artful Force. So I've got that going for me. lol). Yours (This is LONG, but there were some bits that seemed accurate).
"The Day of the Builder
The dominant theme in the lives of September 4 people is that of building. No matter what their career, family situation or social circle is, they are taken up with matters of structure, form, organization and putting things together to make them work. Although many September 4 people possess technical ability, it is more in envisioning and planning that those born on this day shine. Building systems, for example, that produce goods or supply services, in material or theoretical terms, is their forte. Pragmatic to the extreme, September 4 people believe that the true measure of methods is in the results.

Because of their understanding of how systems function, those born on this day are also able to criticize, analyze and sometimes tear constructs apart to show when and where they do not work. Furthermore, September 4 people can often suggest practical solutions or improvements that really make a difference. Those less highly evolved September 4 people who have no desire to contribute to society can make excellent criminals, or at the least people who know how to get around the system, since their knowledge of how the establishment works is generally thorough.

September 4 people are not fond of taking the long way around. They are most concerned with efficiency, and if in business to provide a product or service, they will make sure that their clients get their money’s worth. That life in general be successful and prosperous is important to them, as they could not view an enterprise which was run at a loss as anything but disaster.

Of course, not all September 4 people are involved with building tangible structures or entities, but mostly all of the people born on this day are at work amassing, collecting or cultivating something. Whether September 4 people are building a career, reputation or a family “dynasty”, they generally establish themselves slowly and proceed measuredly, brick by brick.

Those born on this day believe that the old must be cleared to make way for the new; if faced with a structure based on an unifirm foundation, their impulse is generally to raze it and rebuild, not just to patch and paste. Others may not be so understanding of this attitude, themselves preferring to leave things be, no matter how rotten. But bad teeth, bad friends, bad marriages, bad buildings, bad ideas, even bad cars will all eventually suffer the same fate in the hands of September 4 people; indeed those born on this day are merciless when cutting away what they consider unhealthy for the entire organism, whether that organism be a human body, family or company."

That last paragraph seemed especially timely given our convo the other day. Very nice that you celebrate your mom. Anyway, have a good one dude.

Interesting, much of that fits both me and Shooter..

Yikes.. am I an obsessive jackass too?

I was going to bake you a cake but decided you weren't worth the time. So, here's a gift I cobbled up real quick for you... Just recorded a few nights ago.... all acoustic.

McHoop

Reactions: Hoops Cat
"The Day of the Builder

Give me June 29th. Please...

I have a bootleg tape that starts with a 12 year old Jerry Garcia singing Happy Birthday to someone. You can hear the inflections that make his voice his voice even at that young age.
Too cool. Inflections of being off key? Kidding actually ... I like Geddy Lee.

Too cool. Inflections of being off key? Kidding actually ... I like Geddy Lee.

He's not off key at all. That word, it does not mean what you think it means. He does though at times go flat, and at times goes sharp and has limited range. Geddy Lee often sings sharp, and is as limited in range if not more, so he's not that much better. You like his tone better and that's cool. No one can tell you what to like. that's your choice.

Garcia sings in a lower register when he's not with the dead, I prefer his voice then. the dead play in keys that makes him sing in falsetto quite often, which is a strain on his already questionable voice. No one, ever called him a great singer. He's a composer, arranger and guitarist, and he performs those roles exceptionally. Complaining about his voice is comparable to complaining about Yogi Farrell's rebounding. Sometimes it's valid, most times, it just frivolous.

Now you learned something. Isn't that great? vbg.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I learned from reading this thread I'm a virgo as well whatever the fack that means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT