ADVERTISEMENT

hamburger helper

Blatz
My mom used to regularity make ham salad. Grind up some ham, add pickle relish and mayo—magnificent. She also made ham loaf, with ground ham, mustard, honey and secret spice.

I never pass up a perch dinner whenever I’m back in Indiana. I need a fix now. I found one place in Florida that serves, good but not great perch, otherwise it’s a Great Lakes thing.
Ham salad is a big thing in my extended family. My aunt makes the best I've ever had, and hers has baloney in it along with ham.
The local hospital I worked at back in the 80s made exceptional ham loaf. That and beef Manhattans were the only good thing they made. Always got the ham loaf for lunch when they had it.

My mom used to regularity make ham salad. Grind up some ham, add pickle relish and mayo—magnificent. She also made ham loaf, with ground ham, mustard, honey and secret spice.

I never pass up a perch dinner whenever I’m back in Indiana. I need a fix now. I found one place in Florida that serves, good but not great perch, otherwise it’s a Great Lakes thing.
Most "ham salad " is actually bologna

Reactions: Bill4411

Perch, walleye and sauger are hard to beat

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Blatz

Ham salad is a big thing in my extended family. My aunt makes the best I've ever had, and hers has baloney in it along with ham.
The local hospital I worked at back in the 80s made exceptional ham loaf. That and beef Manhattans were the only good thing they made. Always got the ham loaf for lunch when they had it.

Blatz; bleah.

First time I ever got Drunk was on PBR. I could never touch the stuff again.

What’s a beef manhattan?

What’s a beef manhattan?
Slices of roast beef in between two pieces of white bread, cut diagonally in half with a helping of mashed potatoes in between them and all covered in beef gravy.

iu

Says here that the Beef Manhattan was invented in Indianapolis for some NYC inspired guys looking for a good open-face sandwich while working for the military-industrial complex in the 1940s. Said to compete with pork tenderloin as Indiana's state food

Last edited:
Crazy, I didn't realize the name Beef Manhattan was an Indy thing. TIL. But I'd stop short of agreeing that it competes with the tenderloin as Indiana's state food. Not even close.
Says here that the Beef Manhattan was invented in Indianapolis for some NYC guys looking for a good open-face sandwich while working for the military-industrial complex in 1940. Said to compete with pork tenderloin as Indiana's state food

Did you ever have Double Cola? We used to have that a lot unfortunately. No one has mentioned Chef Boyardee Pizza which was what we used to get rather than carry out.

absolutely loved Chef Boyardee Pizza in a box, and was quite the expert at making it.

was having a craving for it just the other day.

My dad drank Busch while wearing a satin Busch Beer jacket. my grandfather worked at the brewery and every friday the workers got two cases of beer to take home. he'd sleep in the yard at least every other friday. my grandma would lock him out. He didn’t care.

Harry Caray lost his Cardinal gig, because he got caught with Bush's, (who owned the team's), wife.

Harry Caray lost his Cardinal gig, because he got caught with Bush's, (who owned the team's), wife.
Good memory. Gave way to jack buck. The busch’s are something else. I used to play soccer for Budweiser and one of my teammates (older) became the 4th’s wing man. This guy actually played his first season at IU. Anyway he ran around with the 4th for years for all of his insane exploits. The 4th ended up giving him the Houston distributorship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT