ADVERTISEMENT

Green in bench

Wanted to post the same thing. If he's not injured, I'm pretty disappointed because he is what will take this team better. Honestly, I'd rather have him taking 20 shots per game than some of the other guys taking any shots.

Edit: He also seems like a guy who thrives on confidence. This nonsense of sitting him for extended periods is over. Let him play and lead the team.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Wanted to post the same thing. If he's not injured, I'm pretty disappointed because he is what will take this team better. Honestly, I'd rather have him taking 20 shots per game than some of the other guys taking any shots.

Edit: He also seems like a guy who thrives on confidence. This nonsense of sitting him for extended periods is over. Let him play and lead the team.
Have you watch DG today? He is playing a very poor game. He should be riding pine. And if AD didn’t foul out, he should be sitting as well based on play

I would take three of the Nebraska guys as shooters. Mack and the guy with the yellow shoes plus the guy from igloo land with The unpronounceable name.

Have you watch DG today? He is playing a very poor game. He should be riding pine. And if AD didn’t foul out, he should be sitting as well based on play

I like these players but for sake of argument (current stats as I type this)...

Green: 2-7 FG
Anderson: 0-4 FG
Franklin: 0-4 FG
Hunter: 1-3 FG

And Green is the only one among the four who can shoot AND create plays, which we needed this game. Playing Green for 3 minutes at a time is not productive.

This is the problem. No senior who can take the shot when they need it. No dribble penetration either

I like these players but for sake of argument (current stats as I type this)...

Green: 2-7 FG
Anderson: 0-4 FG
Franklin: 0-4 FG
Hunter: 1-3 FG

And Green is the only one among the four who can shoot AND create plays, which we needed this game. Playing Green for 3 minutes at a time is not productive.
The sorry thing is that you people think it was our offense that was the problem. I would understand if you were complaining about our defense or rather lack of defense. Do you watch both sides of the game or just the offensive side. I didn’t like the fact we started out fast with a 13-4 lead and then Miller substitutes and we lost the lead. I understand keeping guys fresh but substituting every couple minutes is ridiculous.

Reactions: UncleMark
The sorry thing is that you people think it was our offense that was the problem. I would understand if you were complaining about our defense or rather lack of defense. Do you watch both sides of the game or just the offensive side. I didn’t like the fact we started out fast with a 13-4 lead and then Miller substitutes and we lost the lead. I understand keeping guys fresh but substituting every couple minutes is ridiculous.

"You people"... I said the same exact thing about substitutions in my other thread. And didn't Green start the game during that run? I agree, the substitutions after that initial run killed our momentum and Nebraska controlled the pace the remainder of the game. Similar to much of the Crean era, I just don't understand the need to adjust the roster so much throughout the game.

"You people"... I said the same exact thing about substitutions in my other thread. And didn't Green start the game during that run? I agree, the substitutions after that initial run killed our momentum and Nebraska controlled the pace the remainder of the game. Similar to much of the Crean era, I just don't understand the need to adjust the roster so much throughout the game.
Exactly you have the momentum and then you sub and lose all the momentum you had. It’s just stupid coaching sometimes that irritates me. Keep the players in until the momentum changes then sub. I’m not saying Archie is a bad coach but he needs to stop substituting so much. I also think 5 for 25 at one point on threes is just pathetic.

Reactions: IUclover
He took himself out after his turnover. Acted like he was hurt. Not sure what he hurt. CAM came over and asked what was wrong with him but couldn’t hear exactly what he said.
He limped to the bench and Tim Garl was talking to him. Sure he struggled tonight, but we need him to play. Luckily others came in and we got the win.

3 games in 6 days with 2 on the road. Didn't get home until 5 a.m. Wednesday. I know I would have been a little weary after that.

Reactions: gmhowes
Franklin is not ready yet for major minutes. Big boy time now. Platooning NBA style before Dec. ok but now gut time. Only the strong teams survive. They played major minutes, we rested and almost lost.

Absolutely no.
I do not want Green taking 20 shots on an off night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT