ADVERTISEMENT

Great Recruiting

Mack has been at UL for one season bozo.

During Archie’s first year at IU Mack was going 29-6 at Xavier.

There’s this simple search engine called Google that could really help you out a lot.
But I heard he doesn’t have the talent to win? What happened to that narrative?

Mack has had the better class every year he’s been at UL. And he made the tournament last year with a far inferior roster.

“every year” - as in one?

Typical you’d cherry-pick.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I had them for over 40 years. No more.
No one is saying that you didn’t used to be an IU fan. We are saying that you are no longer an IU fan. You surrendered your tickets along with your faith in the program. It’s OK to do that. There have been plenty of indications that IU will not resurrect itself. Rational men can see that, and have chosen to spend their time and money elsewhere. The problem is that you continue to hang out on the fan board with people that still believe it can be put back together. Why waste your time trying to convince us of what we already know. The program is in shambles. Are you happy?

Last edited:
Reactions: HereYouGoIU
No one is saying that you didn’t used to be an IU fan. We are saying that you are no longer an IU fan. You surrendered your tickets along with your faith in the program. It’s OK to do that. There have been plenty of indications that IU will not resurrect itself. Rational men can see that, and haven chosen to spend their time and money elsewhere. The problem is that you continue to hang out on the fan board with people that still believe it can be put back together. Why waste your time trying to convince us of what we already know. The program is in shambles. Are you happy?

Well...I believe fpeaugh is an IU fan. And he's pretty fed up. He's got a certain "Veruca Salt" mentality...he wants it and he wants it now...and...a I...as lifelong fan, multiple degrees from IU...and a family that was...thirty years ago...pretty doggone close to the programs (Basketball and Football)...I actually have a tiche of sympathy for the guy...

I think Miller is going to turn things here. Shoot. I thing Allen will get'er done in Football.

Even if the two of them turn to poop in two or three years...I'll be gang-busters on the new coaches.

The issue here, IMHO, is fandom...I don't feel any need to "drive IU to greatness" (I certainly feel that way with my kids and at work)...I just enjoy the drive or ride...because I love IU.

Well...I believe fpeaugh is an IU fan. And he's pretty fed up. He's got a certain "Veruca Salt" mentality...he wants it and he wants it now...and...a I...as lifelong fan, multiple degrees from IU...and a family that was...thirty years ago...pretty doggone close to the programs (Basketball and Football)...I actually have a tiche of sympathy for the guy...

I think Miller is going to turn things here. Shoot. I thing Allen will get'er done in Football.

Even if the two of them turn to poop in two or three years...I'll be gang-busters on the new coaches.

The issue here, IMHO, is fandom...I don't feel any need to "drive IU to greatness" (I certainly feel that way with my kids and at work)...I just enjoy the drive or ride...because I love IU.
He has every reason to be fed up. The problem that I have with him is that he is masquerading as an “objective” observer. He is one of the worst analysts I have ever read, so it’s better that he either come back as a fan or leave the community altogether. Since we all know he is a die hard IU fan, he needs to drop the show and get on board with Archie. Is there a Big Ten coach that can make a harder chest pass than Archie? He is a basketball coach. He doesn’t do public speaking or chase high profile recruits. Do you need him to update is Twitter everyday, do weekly national interviews, and get one and dones? He has his guys, so let’s sit back and see what the man can do.

Reactions: h20pls
He has every reason to be fed up. The problem that I have with him is that he is masquerading as an “objective” observer. He is one of the worst analysts I have ever read, so it’s better that he either come back as a fan or leave the community altogether. Since we all know he is a die hard IU fan, he needs to drop the show and get on board with Archie. Is there a Big Ten coach that can make a harder chest pass than Archie? He is a basketball coach. He doesn’t do public speaking or chase high profile recruits. Do you need him to update is Twitter everyday, do weekly national interviews, and get one and dones? He has his guys, so let’s sit back and see what the man can do.

Well...FWIW...I think the guy is full of sh*t in terms of his "insider information"...and I think that's been well documented/established.

I don't know if CAM and CTA are the answers...as it were...I hope they are...I'd love to see the Knight/Mallory/Yeagley (sp?) era back...where we were just super easy to root for...but I'm also just happy to love the programs, support the kids...etc. I'm just a little old school at 50 years of age...I guess. For the love of old IU and such.

Reactions: 76-1
No one is saying that you didn’t used to be an IU fan. We are saying that you are no longer an IU fan. You surrendered your tickets along with your faith in the program. It’s OK to do that. There have been plenty of indications that IU will not resurrect itself. Rational men can see that, and have chosen to spend their time and money elsewhere. The problem is that you continue to hang out on the fan board with people that still believe it can be put back together. Why waste your time trying to convince us of what we already know. The program is in shambles. Are you happy?

Twin Degrees the former IU fan based on Bob Knight (not attendance) posts the same crap on GBI and claims to have five usernames over here.

I’d wager I had season tickets for longer than anyone on this board. Most people on here have never had season tickets and go to maybe one game per year.

I invest 25k+ a year in IU tickets. I’ll be louder than you can imagine if we suck this year.

I wouldn’t care if I thought it was a lost cause. I know it can be resurrected. We just need the right coach.

Reactions: cryano
I wouldn’t care if I thought it was a lost cause. I know it can be resurrected. We just need the right coach.

You’re a seemingly, albeit misguided at times, good dude who cared about IU for a LONG TIME, but bitter about recent results. Aren’t we all?

Hell im bitter after 12 years of season tix. The difference is you are so long in the tooth you need this program to win ASAP before all it’s all over for you. I get that. Id be the same way in your shoes.

Pray IU wins at hoops and FB for the sake of all us, but especially you. Hope you go out proud of this team again. Until then, let’s rock it on the positive, it will make your last years that much better.

Reactions: hondo314
Thompson just wasn’t good enough to play more than 9 games. Brunk couldn’t start at Butler.

But these guys are going to replace Morgan and Romeo then some? Get a clue.

And Alan Henderson just wasn't good enough in the second half of his sophomore season too I guess. I see that he got into games at the end but sucked which was weird because he was so good earlier that season.

You think Brunk has to replace Morgan point for point to contribute to this team or for this team to play well? Lol. Man, you sure know this game!

Yawn
Someone has to replace the production and then some. You guys do this every year with unrealistic expectations. It’s like this board is Groundhog’s Day.

Reactions: beenther1s
Someone has to replace the production and then some. You guys do this every year with unrealistic expectations. It’s like this board is Groundhog’s Day.

Please link all those posts. Lol. Or did you read five of them and assume it’s the whole board so you can rationalize being a huge asshole? Which begs the question, why are you such a huge asshole all the time? I can’t answer that one for you but I can tell you it’s likely why you spend so much time alone, kiddo. Consider your self educated, you raging douche.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Why do you care what IU fans think? You aren’t an IU fan so your posts are essentially worthless except for entertainment value. I’m entertained by your inept trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT