ADVERTISEMENT

Great Recruiting

How about you focus on Indiana and not that program that pays players with cash and hookers, unless you need a girl then maybe they will start getting hookers for their fans and you can jump ship

How has this narrative turned to money and hookers being a bad thing?

Mack is knocking it out of the park. I don’t know why it’s hard for some to acknowledge that. He’s setting the bar high for what we should expect.

Mack is knocking it out of the park. I don’t know why it’s hard for some to acknowledge that. He’s setting the bar high for what we should expect.

Well, if that means losing to Miller each time then great. Have at it.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

He's doing great per rankings, especially for a program that's under the shadow of possible sanctions.

Did you actually look at the guys he's bragging about?

Mainly top 80 four star prospects. One potential burger boy and a three star....which is a tad below where we are recruiting at (per gooroo numbers).

So I don't get the disdain here.

He's doing great per rankings, especially for a program that's under the shadow of possible sanctions.

Mainly top 80 four star prospects. One potential burger boy and a three star....which is a tad below where we are recruiting at (per gooroo numbers).

Is Crymeariver. He is always a whiney little beyotch. Archie has done a good job rebuilding this team and changing the culture. Now it’s time put up. Crean left a pretty big mess for Archie to clean up, though it seems most won’t admit that.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Is Crymeariver. He is always a whiney little beyotch. Archie has done a good job rebuilding this team and changing the culture. Now it’s time put up. Crean left a pretty big mess for Archie to clean up, though it seems most won’t admit that.

I mean, going by the gooroos, this year's team can go almost two deep with 'Mack is killing it' level recruits.

High four star Davis and top 100 four star Brunk innthe post.

Top 25 burger boy TJD and top 70 four star Race Thompson (he was ranked around 70th for his true class of 2018. He dropped when he reclassified to be a redshirt freshman as a 17 year old).

Top 80 four star Smith, top 40 high four star Hunter, top 110 four star Anderson at the three.

Three star Green, three star Franklin at the 2. Of course that three star is expected to be our highest scorer as a senior but if he bombs...it won't kill us.

Top 100 four star Phinesse and unranked three star Durham at the point.

Other things that have been tossed about.....

John Gassaway (the big ten wonk) commented that defensive focused coaches don't tend to get a lot of five star one and dones, because they don't want to play defense (in general). Guys like Bennett, Huggins, etc tend to get that tough, multi year player who comes out of HS with a little less fanfare. It's one reason why Calipari is unique because he's considered a defensive minded coach that gets one and dones, but in general your one and dones are not going to a defensive focused school.

Regardless, I like our depth and balance coming into the year. The beef and size underneath is going to be a massive difference to what we've seen the past two years, particularly in the Big Ten where just about every team has beef and size.

We were actually pretty good when De'ron played decently. Now we have 6'11 250 Brunk, 6'9" TJD and a healthy 6'8" Thompson (who I expect will get about 6 minutes a game, it will basically be Davis, Brunk, TJD and Smith) vs the 6'8" Morgan, 6'7" Smith and guys like McSwain, Fitzner, Forrester and Moore who weren't ready physically.

Mack has a five star and 4 four stars coming in. We have a four star and a three star.

I guess I don’t understand what you don’t get.

Mack has a five star and 4 four stars coming in. We have a four star and a three star.

I guess I don’t understand what you don’t get.

We have a burger boy five/four star and 7 four stars right now this season, only losing one to graduation after this year (and then bringing in 2 more so far next season).

His recruiting has been better than killing it Mack.

I was expecting to see Duke level recruiting with how he set up his Archie slam. Try harder next time.

Last edited:
We have a burger boy five/four star and 7 four stars right now this season, only losing one to graduation after this year (and then bringing in 2 more so far next season).

His recruiting has been better than killing it Mack.

I was expecting to see Duke level recruiting with how he set up his Archie slam. Try harder next time.
But I heard he doesn’t have the talent to win? What happened to that narrative?

Mack has had the better class every year he’s been at UL. And he made the tournament last year with a far inferior roster.

Reactions: cryano
I have a serious question. Since you obviously aren't an IU fan why do you say "we" for IU basketball?
I’d wager I had season tickets for longer than anyone on this board. Most people on here have never had season tickets and go to maybe one game per year.

Reactions: cryano
But I heard he doesn’t have the talent to win? What happened to that narrative?

Mack has had the better class every year he’s been at UL. And he made the tournament last year with a far inferior roster.

Four of the four stars didn't play last year.

Three who did were underclassmen.

So math says we had one four star upperclassmen, oh that was Davis who could only play 15 min a game...which left you a team of small forwards trying to play post defense in the big ten.

Good luck with that.

Reactions: MrBing

So math says we had one four star upperclassmen, oh that was Davis who could only play 15 min a game...which left you a team of small forwards trying to play post defense in the big ten.

Good luck with that.
That’s the funny thing about all the naysayers - they want to say “Look at all that talent!” and ignore all the indicators of why we struggled:
  • Lack of inside bulk (which led to our best player, Morgan, having 4 fouls or more 13 times)
  • Inexperience. Starting two freshmen guards wouldn’t be a big deal if you had a balanced, veteran team to go around them. We didn’t.
  • Injuries. Hunter played one intrasquad scrimmage. Davis never got healthy until near the end of the season. Race and Phin (especially Thompson) lost significant time to concussions.
  • Biggest of all: Leadership. Or lack thereof.
Feepaw says “Mack has had better recruiting than Archie since he’s been at UofL”. Which is false. In 2018 Archie had a class almost identical to UofL’s 2019 class (slightly better in team rankings). But you’re never going to hear about that because it doesn’t fit his narrative.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tovers-ku-s-ncaa-fallout-illinois-jalen-green

Apologies for the weird format from my copy/pasta. o_O

Corey Evans
✔@coreyevans_10 ·
Oct 14, 2019
Taking a few more of your college basketball and recruiting related questions for tomorrow’s #TwitterTuesday

Allan@AvianDentures

thoughts on why Louisville is struggling so much on the recruiting trail?
12:46 PM - Oct 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
"It might not be the comfort that you’re looking for, but it just happens in recruiting. For as successful as last fall was for Louisville, it has been that dissatisfying this fall. The tides are going to change, but for now, things are not looking great and really, there was not a whole lot Chris Mack and his staff could have done that would have changed their recruiting downfalls.

Don’t forget, it was just last year that we wondered how Kentucky was going to respond after missing on James Wiseman
Vernon Carey
and then
Isaiah Stewart
, and North Carolina with
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Matt Hurt
Tre Mann
, and
Josh Green
each declining the Tar Heels’ offer.

Askew could pick the Cards, but again, that could be a sweepstakes they lose to Kentucky or Memphis. Caleb Love
was swayed by replacing
Cole Anthony
at UNC and having the ball in his hands from the get-go. Things just didn’t work out with
Nimari Burnett
and the recruitment of
Deivon Smith
soured in the end.

Things will change at Louisville. In the meantime, Cards fans should take excitement for the year ahead that could see their team playing on the final weekend on the college basketball calendar."

Quick Update: Askew picked UK

Good luck with that.
Who are these 4 stars that didn’t play last year? Hunter, TJD, and who else? You’re confused.

So we replace Morgan and Romeo with Hunter and TJD. That’s your answer for success?

Take a look at the year before. Mack was at UofL.

oh - I know - that don’t count . . . :rolleyes:
Mack has been at UL for one season bozo.

During Archie’s first year at IU Mack was going 29-6 at Xavier.

There’s this simple search engine called Google that could really help you out a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT