ADVERTISEMENT

Great Pyramid

I was going to say that I thought I remember seeing an RV or two from time to time in the local Walmart parking lot, but I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly.
Yep I think quite a few of the "VAN LIFE!!" idiots park there from time to time.

Or so my daughter insists on showing me.

I was going to say that I thought I remember seeing an RV or two from time to time in the local Walmart parking lot, but I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly.

They're full of cashiers and stockers.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I love this stuff. and i'm fascinated by that part of the world. that said this is apparently among the most overrated "trips" for tourists etc. apparently you can see it from pizza hut. taj mahal same drill. and others. i don't know if it's still streaming but ricky gervais produced a great show called an idiot abroad. the main character is this truly hysterical guy named karl pilkington. the guy is naturally a riot. he travels to many of the wonders of the world and his commentary is so funny. they show him packing and he goes doesn't really matter if it's the amazon, great pyramids, or the taj mahal, it's still just a grey t-shirt isn't it? and i love the one scene where he's sitting in some remote part of the world feeding a lizard chips. and he goes 50 million years apart and we still have things in common. we both like chips
I didn’t think it was overrated but obviously lots of tourists, although we went in summer when it’s not that crowded, since it’s 110 freaking degrees. We weren’t allowed to go inside, I wonder if they were working on the tunnel. But you can still climb parts of it. I was pretty awestruck. Thinking about the amount of time to build a structure like that is just mind boggling. ( probably same amount of time taken to finish 37 from Indy to Btown). I’m sure you can see it from a Pizza Hut but we had to drive a ways where we didn’t see anything but desert before we saw it.

I didn’t think it was overrated but obviously lots of tourists, although we went in summer when it’s not that crowded, since it’s 110 freaking degrees. We weren’t allowed to go inside, I wonder if they were working on the tunnel. But you can still climb parts of it. I was pretty awestruck. Thinking about the amount of time to build a structure like that is just mind boggling. ( probably same amount of time taken to finish 37 from Indy to Btown).
Interesting! I’d love to see it

I have. I absolutely love that part of the country. And yes I do need to do that road trip with her. I want to do an rv trip with her out west sometime in the next two or three years
My friends and I rented an rv about 6 or 7 years ago to drive up the coast of CA. We were amazed they gave us this super expensive RV after a 30 minute video. We left during rush hour in LA traffic. Bad move, as we hadn’t gone an hour before we scraped sides going through a tunnel. Fortunately just hubcaps. It wasn’t too expensive but we split it three ways. Stayed on the beach, State parks, and one mom and pop place. Great fun! I bet prices went up during pandemic, as they got really popular then.

My friends and I rented an rv about 6 or 7 years ago to drive up the coast of CA. We were amazed they gave us this super expensive RV after a 30 minute video. We left during rush hour in LA traffic. Bad move, as we hadn’t gone an hour before we scraped sides going through a tunnel. Fortunately just hubcaps. It wasn’t too expensive but we split it three ways. Stayed on the beach, State parks, and one mom and pop place. Great fun! I bet prices went up during pandemic, as they got really popular then.
That sounds absolutely amazing.

Weird question I probably already know the answer to.

Are you required to park an RV in an RV park? I get that you need to hook it up to plumbing on a regular basis and the RV parks probably guarantee a certain level of safety, but will you get ticketed if you park it at some out-of-the-way spot?
We always stayed in RV parks just cuz of the safety concerns. When you are just for an overnight, all you need to do is plug in to electric. But some parks are pretty sketchy, especially ones in the vicinity of construction projects or other places where temporary laborers live. One time we slept in a rest area in Nebraska. The damn place was like grand central station all night. People coming and going constantly. Many Walmarts allow RV parking. I’ve never done that People also stay in s small town parksmor simply stay in the street. If you are in a national forest or other public lands, you could get busted if you are not in a designated area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT