ADVERTISEMENT

Great Joe Buck Tweet

Derek Mobley "D-Mob" Monday Night Football director is a huge IU fan. Worked with him for many years as he rose through the ranks at ESPN. I believe he even worked for WTTV doing IU basketball before he started at ESPN.
He's an alum isn't he?

Derek Mobley "D-Mob" Monday Night Football director is a huge IU fan. Worked with him for many years as he rose through the ranks at ESPN. I believe he even worked for WTTV doing IU basketball before he started at ESPN.

Hey Indykent.... I just figured out who you are... LOL!!! I won't tell you who I am but..... I used to rent cameras and equip from AGW ... and, oh, how about the camera feed to our seats from your turn three cam at Indy... I just talked to the "W" yesterday... fortunately, him and "K" didn't get their house wiped out even though water was 2 inches from getting in, very close! ... but, Pass-a Grille Beach is basically ruined. BTW, I don't remember ever working with "D-Mob" but I do recognize the name.... he came along several years after you and I started. :cool::cool:

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hey Indykent.... I just figured out who you are... LOL!!! I won't tell you who I am but..... I used to rent cameras and equip from AGW ... and, oh, how about the camera feed to our seats from your turn three cam at Indy... I just talked to the "W" yesterday... fortunately, him and "K" didn't get their house wiped out even though water was 2 inches from getting in, very close! ... but, Pass-a Grille Beach is basically ruined. BTW, I don't remember ever working with "D-Mob" but I do recognize the name.... he came along several years after you and I started. :cool::cool:
I think I know. Were you a Lambda at Ball State?

... It can only help.
When I was just out of high school, Rick Mirer from my school was a hot commodity. Maybe the number one QB recruit in the country. Bo Schembechler timed his in home visit for when the Bears were playing on Monday night football, knowing that 'Michigan man' Jim Harbaugh would be the starting QB. It backfired when the announcers made a big deal out of how long it had been since a Michigan QB had played on MNF, and how they didn't traditionally produce pro QBs. lol I was told Bo had to tell Mirer "you will change all of that" . He chose Notre Dame. Grew up a huge Michigan fan but picked Notre Dame. Not that Lou Holtz was a quarterback whisperer either.

Yeah, it can only help as long as Aikman doesn't razz Buck about past history. :)

When I was just out of high school, Rick Mirer from my school was a hot commodity. Maybe the number one QB recruit in the country. Bo Schembechler timed his in home visit for when the Bears were playing on Monday night football, knowing that 'Michigan man' Jim Harbaugh would be the starting QB. It backfired when the announcers made a big deal out of how long it had been since a Michigan QB had played on MNF, and how they didn't traditionally produce pro QBs. lol I was told Bo had to tell Mirer "you will change all of that" . He chose Notre Dame. Grew up a huge Michigan fan but picked Notre Dame. Not that Lou Holtz was a quarterback whisperer either.

Yeah, it can only help as long as Aikman doesn't razz Buck about past history. :)
Great story...

And the GOAT? Michigan got the last laugh.

Yeah, it can only help as long as Aikman doesn't razz Buck about past

IIRC, IU pulled aa QB from Goshen HS. Didn't Scott Padgett, Mirer's backup, walk on at IU?

One of my good friends and neighbors down here came through the ranks at ESPN....do you know Joe Lyons?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT