ADVERTISEMENT

Grad transfer QB to visit IU...

Hoosier Roadtrips and Chriselli, I wasn't at that game, but I remember we blew a 19-point first qtr lead. Was 19 as we missed the first or 2nd PAT and GD started chasing the point in THE FIRST QTR and didn't get it...RIDICULOUS!! Someone ran back the opening KO For IU too. Roby? Bennett?

Lovechio, who had plenty of bad games, had his greatest until he got hurt. I'm guessing like, 22-26 for 250.

Blew winnable close games vs MSU, Illini and PSU, costing GD his job.

Reactions: Chriselli
The first TD had a missed PAT and then DiNardo failed in going for two after the third touchdown, so we led 19-0 in the first quarter. LoVecchio had played much better in 2004 than he did the previous year and that game was 15-17 for 209. He was injured late in the third quarter on a sideline hit right in front of us and so we had to settle for a field goal that put us up 22-14, That was tough to take with Illinois scoring with 30 seconds left.

I thought that was going to be another road win that I saw in person. I was at Oregon for the beginning of that year when we pulled off the big upset. I saw us win at Iowa with Alex Smith having a big game, Anthony Thompson's record setting rushing in 1989 at Wisconsin, the big 51-7 at Purdue, a rout at Kentucky, and in 2001 at Michigan State. Also a one sided win at Toledo. Could have been others, but we lost that close game at Michigan with Lynch coaching, and a poor game at Minnesota in 2006.

The first TD had a missed PAT and then DiNardo failed in going for two after the third touchdown, so we led 19-0 in the first quarter. LoVecchio had played much better in 2004 than he did the previous year and that game was 15-17 for 209. He was injured late in the third quarter on a sideline hit right in front of us and so we had to settle for a field goal that put us up 22-14, That was tough to take with Illinois scoring with 30 seconds left.

I thought that was going to be another road win that I saw in person. I was at Oregon for the beginning of that year when we pulled off the big upset. I saw us win at Iowa with Alex Smith having a big game, Anthony Thompson's record setting rushing in 1989 at Wisconsin, the big 51-7 at Purdue, a rout at Kentucky, and in 2001 at Michigan State. Also a one sided win at Toledo. Could have been others, but we lost that close game at Michigan with Lynch coaching, and a poor game at Minnesota in 2006.
Crazy that I was at those Oregon, Minnesota, and Michigan State games, too. The rest were before my time sadly.

The craziest experience was traveling to Iowa State right before Christmas in 1992 for our basketball game. The weather was unbelievable, with the temperature being 20 some below zero and heavy snow from a few days before. The hotel where we stayed couldn't even close its front door because of the extreme cold, and we were told to park as close to HIlton Coliseum as possible, and not even pay attention to warning signs.It was concerning traveling in that type of weather!

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT