ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Pritzker calls up National Guard, declares disaster after Texas buses 500 migrants to Chicago

I beg to differ I bet you are all for open borders just as long as the illegals stay in red states. But once they come to your liberal buddies the whole game changes for you. All of a sudden your lib elites are such great people for taking in a few illegals. Yet states like Texas have to deal with tens of thousands of them and not a peep from you. I bet you have an " all are welcome " sign up in your yard. Are you willing to take on a few of them? I am gueesing no you are not you are simply a woke virtue signal guy who lives in an all white neighborhood.
Yeah, he's never said he had a problem with illegal immigration before now.

Dude's(?) a fraud.

I just can't deal with the cold and it's gotten worse as I get older. Heat can be uncomfortable, but cold is downright painful. I get to feeling chilly in October and don't warm up until April.
I guess I just really like all 4 seasons. And you can't really have true 4 seasons where it's really hot or really cold for long lengths of time.

Not to belabor the point, but Martha's Vineyard is pretty temperate, being on the ocean. Yes, it has cold - and snowy - days. But overall, it's not as cold as Indiana or Chicago.

I'm one of those weirdos who kind of like shoveling snow a few times a year. Not blizzards, mind you, but shoveling snow gets the blood flowing.

I guess I spent too many Indiana summers in the corn and bean fields - I hate hot weather.

Own it! Wealthy Martha's Vineyard locals now face pressure to welcome newly arrived Venezuelan migrants into their homes after displaying lawn signs saying 'we stand with immigrants... all are welcome here'​

• Florida Gov. DeSantis sent about 50 migrants to the wealthy island enclave aboard a chartered aircraft
  • Many on the island have long displayed signs proclaiming 'all are welcome here' - including immigrants
  • Now DeSantis supporters joke that those signs will be quickly torn down by local residents
  • But officials on they island say they are giving support and shelter to the group in the wake of their arrival

I beg to differ I bet you are all for open borders just as long as the illegals stay in red states. But once they come to your liberal buddies the whole game changes for you. All of a sudden your lib elites are such great people for taking in a few illegals. Yet states like Texas have to deal with tens of thousands of them and not a peep from you. I bet you have an " all are welcome " sign up in your yard. Are you willing to take on a few of them? I am gueesing no you are not you are simply a woke virtue signal guy who lives in an all white neighborhood.

Hey, I would be just find deporting the red states and replacing them with immigrants. The level of intelligence would skyrocket.

They didn't take them to where they could get help. They took them to where they thought it would be inconvenient for dems.

If it was about getting them help, then they would have coordinated it with the other state and come up with a plan for assisting them with the people at the destination.

Big difference between dropping people off unannounced at a residence or location that isn't equipped to handle that and being a mature adult and coordinating with the governor of the other state on if they can assist with the overflow of immigrants and where they would like them dropped off.

It was a childish political stunt that used immigrants as pawns. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig
That. Is. The. Whole. ****ing. Point. Nobody ****ing coordinates with Arizona, Texas, California, and New Mexico when the migrants cross into those states. Nobody is calling Florida ahead of time to tell them, "Hey, we got some migrants set to arrive at this point in 2 weeks." They just show up. And the reason they show up is because Biden has a policy to not deter them from showing up. In fact, he has basically rolled out the re carpet for them and said come on in.

"These people are being used as pawns..." to a degree, yes. To make a point. Just like the Democrats use them for their own political ends. Difference being the Democrats in the Northeast and East Coast who voted for and support Biden's dumb shitty take on the border NEVER have to deal with what that actually means. It means people ripping up your fence and trampling across your property in the dead of night. It means armed men showing up on your land as they help "transport" migrants into the country. It means that your streets and underpasses get filled with tent cities in border towns with migrants because they showed up with no plan.

The complaining you all are doing is exactly the types of complaints the border states have been making for decades. In response you called them racist and hateful. Moving those people to a place where there is no plan but there are the facilities and means to take care of them if resources are reallocate is the point. Y'all did not listen when the situation was described. You ignored at best and virtue signaled and dropped ad hominems at worst. So now the people who have been dealing with these issues are showing what it is like to have a group of people who have nothing show up at your front door demanding you provide for them. What MV, Chicago, and NY have got here recently is what places like El Paso, McAllen, and dozens of small towns across the southern border deal with daily.

The fact it took two governors to ship people around to make that point is on people like the lady complaining in that video in Martha's Vineyard. You voted for this idiot, you get to deal with some of the consequences. And to the people that got moved, sorry you got caught up in this but I hope that the nice airplane flight and the digs in comfortable MV don't put you out too terribly.

That. Is. The. Whole. ****ing. Point. Nobody ****ing coordinates with Arizona, Texas, California, and New Mexico when the migrants cross into those states. Nobody is calling Florida ahead of time to tell them, "Hey, we got some migrants set to arrive at this point in 2 weeks." They just show up. And the reason they show up is because Biden has a policy to not deter them from showing up. In fact, he has basically rolled out the re carpet for them and said come on in.

"These people are being used as pawns..." to a degree, yes. To make a point. Just like the Democrats use them for their own political ends. Difference being the Democrats in the Northeast and East Coast who voted for and support Biden's dumb shitty take on the border NEVER have to deal with what that actually means. It means people ripping up your fence and trampling across your property in the dead of night. It means armed men showing up on your land as they help "transport" migrants into the country. It means that your streets and underpasses get filled with tent cities in border towns with migrants because they showed up with no plan.

The complaining you all are doing is exactly the types of complaints the border states have been making for decades. In response you called them racist and hateful. Moving those people to a place where there is no plan but there are the facilities and means to take care of them if resources are reallocate is the point. Y'all did not listen when the situation was described. You ignored at best and virtue signaled and dropped ad hominems at worst. So now the people who have been dealing with these issues are showing what it is like to have a group of people who have nothing show up at your front door demanding you provide for them. What MV, Chicago, and NY have got here recently is what places like El Paso, McAllen, and dozens of small towns across the southern border deal with daily.

The fact it took two governors to ship people around to make that point is on people like the lady complaining in that video in Martha's Vineyard. You voted for this idiot, you get to deal with some of the consequences. And to the people that got moved, sorry you got caught up in this but I hope that the nice airplane flight and the digs in comfortable MV don't put you out too terribly.
We are arresting them by the droves:

Is arresting people coming in illegally, "rolled out the re carpet for them and said come on in"?

There are problems we can talk about, but in my mind arresting 2 million people this fiscal year is no welcoming them in.

Yep, that was predicted as soon as he became governor.

It doesn't matter who Republicans nominate - they're all evil to Dims. Hell, they accused Romney of cruelty to animals!
What Democrats do you like? Or at least respect? Any you'd vote for?

You don't read much do you, bailey? The people on Martha's Vineyard have been extremely welcoming.

What do you do all day, bailey, other than follow me around?
Some of the locals have. The majority of the residents who summer there...

The entertaiment news networks will each focus on one or the other.

What Democrats do you like? Or at least respect? Any you'd vote for?
Rep. Kildee from Michigan

Sen. Manchin from W.Va

I like the lady running for Senate in NC against Sen. Budd. I'd vote for her, but I can't vote for a D for Senator when it would give them control of the Senate.

There are probably more, but I don't care to go down the list. There are some I respect, but wouldn't vote for.

What Republicans do you respect or vote for?

Is arresting people coming in illegally, "rolled out the re carpet for them and said come on in"?

There are problems we can talk about, but in my mind arresting 2 million people this fiscal year is no welcoming them in.
Perhaps Kamala can get this straightened out on her next full week visit down there.

Oooh, they got arrested? How terrible. So they got processed, released, and told to come back at a later date for court. Over 60% were let right on in. And most of those who were not let in were deported under a Trump rule.

Basically the police processed them into the country and unless they were a known criminal they were let right in.

Color me unimpressed.

Also, there is a whole bunch in that article that indicates the border is out of control.

It’s the economy stupid.

(not directing that at anyone)

Relative economic benefits drive immigration numbers, by and large.

If Bidens policies are affecting that on the margins, they should stop.

But I’ve yet to see anyone decrying this action answer the question about why Texas, Az, Ca, and FL should bear the brunt of this (if that is true).

I have a lot of friends in the Rio Grande Valley. The biggest problem they report is with illegals immigrants driving around without licenses, getting into accidents, and then running/driving away. Say it happens all the time.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
It’s the economy stupid.

But I’ve yet to see anyone decrying this action answer the question about why Texas, Az, Ca, and FL should bear the brunt of this (if that is true).

I have a lot of friends in the Rio Grande Valley. The biggest problem they report is with illegals immigrants driving around without licenses, getting into accidents, and then running/driving away. Say it happens all the time.
People aren't having issue with the idea of other states helping. It is the dropping them off unannounced and at places that they know wouldn't be equipped or prepared to assist. It was an obvious political stunt.

Spot on.

Yes and yes.

Just to be clear and to reiterate, I'm not promoting open borders and only a fool would argue that the current situation at our southern border isn't a mess. I'm not defending the way it's being handled.

My comments were limited to DeSantis's use of vulnerable men, women and children as pawns to make a statement and/or to score political points. He stuck his nose where it didn't belong. The migrants in question weren't even in his state. They were promised expedited job opportunities and housing - - in Boston. Officials on Martha's Vineyard didn't know of the incoming flights until 20 minutes before arrival and, accordingly, had no opportunity to prepare.

Fortunately, and no thanks to DeSantis, it appears the people of Martha's Vineyard have stepped up and provided immediate humanitarian aid. There are still good people in the world.
Your selective outrage makes me puke.

The Dims have been using the poor in Central and South America as pawns for years - encouraging them to walk to the border, then screeching when they overwhelm the system and are put in holding cells JUST LIKE ALWAYS - all for political points against Trump and the Wall. Creating lies of "sanctuary cities," then screeching when those Lie Cities are called upon to handle 500 - FIVE HUNDRED - people, claiming that sending them to the place that ASKED TO RECEIVE THEM SO THEY COULD CARE FOR THEM AND PROTECT THEM FROM THE BIGOTS IN THE GOP is wrongful - and instead expect the overwhelmed cities in Florida, South Texas, South Arizona and South California to STFU and handle HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS - "deal with them without resources - don't send them to us - we merely claimed to want them and HAVE the resources, but making the GOP look bad is more important than helping people."

What a bunch of soul-less deplorable liars.

Your selective outrage makes me puke.

The Dims have been using the poor in Central and South America as pawns for years - encouraging them to walk to the border, then screeching when they overwhelm the system and are put in holding cells JUST LIKE ALWAYS - all for political points against Trump and the Wall. Creating lies of "sanctuary cities," then screeching when those Lie Cities are called upon to handle 500 - FIVE HUNDRED - people, claiming that sending them to the place that ASKED TO RECEIVE THEM SO THEY COULD CARE FOR THEM AND PROTECT THEM FROM THE BIGOTS IN THE GOP is wrongful - and instead expect the overwhelmed cities in Florida, South Texas, South Arizona and South California to STFU and handle HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS - "deal with them without resources - don't send them to us - we merely claimed to want them and HAVE the resources, but making the GOP look bad is more important than helping people."

What a bunch of soul-less deplorable liars.
You're an angry old man, Floor. But, hey, at least you're not slandering my grandparents today.

And your all-caps writing style doesn't make your "whatabouts," false equivalences and assorted fallacies any more compelling.

You're an angry old man, Floor. But, hey, at least you're not slandering my grandparents today.

And your all-caps writing style doesn't make your "whatabouts," false equivalences and assorted fallacies any more compelling.
You are putting the em-PHA-sis on the wrong things.

It’s the economy stupid.

None of them have seen any tent cities in the US. Nor do they notice a marked difference in crime or daily life over the past decade or two (either the understanding that they’ve always had illegal immigrants in the area). But there are frequent news reports.

Obviously, this is anecdotal but it’s worth asking: what’s the evidence for a surging problem in border towns, specifically?

Reactions: UncleMark
None of them have seen any tent cities in the US. Nor do they notice a marked difference in crime or daily life over the past decade or two (either the understanding that they’ve always had illegal immigrants in the area). But there are frequent news reports.

Obviously, this is anecdotal but it’s worth asking: what’s the evidence for a surging problem in border towns, specifically?
Talking to yourself?

Reactions: DANC
You're acting as if he's calling up the Guard to repel invaders. But he's actually calling up the NG and signing the declaration of disaster in order to acquire the means to help these people. I'd say that's a good thing...

"Gov. J.B. Pritzker is signing a disaster proclamation to secure resources for the asylum-seekers bused to Illinois from Texas and has deployed 75 National Guard members to assist with the logistics of receiving the migrants, he announced Wednesday."

BTW, these are NOT illegals, but are actual asylum seekers who risked everything to come to the US. Since they come from a basically tropical climate and are likely unprepared for a brutal Chicago winter, it probably made more sense to send them to a warmer climate.

But Abbott never makes a lot of sense. And if he sent these legal immigrants to a state like LA or FL where they'd be more in synch climate wise, he wouldn't be able to pull off the publicity stunt and gain approval from the Fox viewers who are no doubt convinced these are illegal immigrants. I knew nothing about this story beforehand, but this is exactly the info the article provides...
Your definition of legal and mine are different. There is a legal way to enter the United States, they chose to cross the border illegally. Hence, they are illegal immigrants. I understand your spin on using asylum seekers but they broke the law crossing the border. However, in Biden's administration they don't believe in law and order, so you might be correct.

Rep. Kildee from Michigan

Sen. Manchin from W.Va

I like the lady running for Senate in NC against Sen. Budd. I'd vote for her, but I can't vote for a D for Senator when it would give them control of the Senate.

There are probably more, but I don't care to go down the list. There are some I respect, but wouldn't vote for.

What Republicans do you respect or vote for?
Voted for Richard Lugar every chance I got. Didn't agree with many of his policies but respected the hell out of him. Represented our state with class.

Voted for Holcomb last go around. While I still respect him I may not vote for him again. His views on cannabis are archaic and his recent abortion bans were disappointing.

Larry Hogan I respect. A lot. Would possibly vote for him over Biden if given the chance.

Phil Scott, Chris Sununu are both good. Same as Hogan. I'd seriously consider voting for them.

And of course Kristi Noem. But for entirely different reasons. :)

Reactions: UncleMark and DANC
Voted for Richard Lugar every chance I got. Didn't agree with many of his policies but respected the hell out of him. Represented our state with class.

Voted for Holcomb last go around. While I still respect him I may not vote for him again. His views on cannabis are archaic and his recent abortion bans were disappointing.

Larry Hogan I respect. A lot. Would possibly vote for him over Biden if given the chance.

Phil Scott, Chris Sununu are both good. Same as Hogan. I'd seriously consider voting for them.

And of course Kristi Noem. But for entirely different reasons. :)
See, we do have some common ground - Kristi for Prez!

Did you ever see any pics of her when she was younger? She's way hotter now, with a different hairstyle. I think she was also blond at one time.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Your definition of legal and mine are different. There is a legal way to enter the United States, they chose to cross the border illegally. Hence, they are illegal immigrants. I understand your spin on using asylum seekers but they broke the law crossing the border. However, in Biden's administration they don't believe in law and order, so you might be correct.

because in trump's administration, they believed in law and order? (see jan 6)

lmao.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Biden is a divisive pos. No different than Ron. Would Biden have been that way a decade ago? I don’t think so. I think this is our new world order unless we see systemic changes - media, tv shows, social media etc.
The "divisiveness" attributed to Biden instead of his critics is at least partly caused by the fact that he beat Trump instead of a reasonable/ traditional Republican like McCain, Romney, Kasich, Boehner, Ryan etc.

When Trump unloaded with his nonstop election fraud crap, his followers started their nonstop search on inauguration day for every single criticism of Biden they could find, including shit they just made up.

As near as I can tell, Biden is just another typical Democrat President, less liberal than FDR in fact. If Biden weren't President, no one would call him senile (or divisive), but that unfortunately is just a by-product of the Republican sore-loser strategy.

I think we need to consider the algorithms the social media and other tech giants are using to guardrail our thinking. I believe in free speech. How is an algorithm pushing shit in your face everyday while excluding other shit free speech?

I'm being serious.
Maybe Cambridge Analytica can explain this.

Are they still pumping and foisting?

The "divisiveness" attributed to Biden instead of his critics is at least partly caused by the fact that he beat Trump instead of a reasonable/ traditional Republican like McCain, Romney, Kasich, Boehner, Ryan etc.

When Trump unloaded with his nonstop election fraud crap, his followers started their nonstop search on inauguration day for every single criticism of Biden they could find, including shit they just made up.

As near as I can tell, Biden is just another typical Democrat President, less liberal than FDR in fact. If Biden weren't President, no one would call him senile (or divisive), but that unfortunately is just a by-product of the Republican sore-loser strategy.

The people yelling "Lets Go Brandon" acting like Biden is the one being divisive is just looney tunes.

He hits back any at their constant BS towards him and they act like it is all him.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
That is childish and pathetic to bus people to someone's residence.

It's one thing to coordinate the transfer of immigrants. It's quite another just be dropping them off unannounced wherever you d*** well please.
Abbott doesn't care about them and neither does the bus company (or the airplane charter to Martha's Vineyard).

That long of a bus ride requires several meals and an overnight stay somewhere. I believe there surely must be time limits as to how long an interstate bus driver can drive without resting.

Imagine the bus company that delivers 60+ people to Maryland but soon finds several hundred pickets at corporate headquarters asking for details of its government contract with Texas on these points.

Throw in some time-sensitive medical or dietary needs among the forced political passengers trapped on a bus for 25-30 hours, and Abbott may find himself having to blame someone else. Abbott may have immunity for acts taken in office but that bus company would have no immunity.

Hmmm. Forcing illegal immigrants to travel across state lines. Somehow that does not automatically sound like it has no consequences in criminal law.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
My God. She's so awful
Well, OK, but so what? I'm pretty sure you've said you're willing to vote for Trump and/or DeSantis over all Democrats, despite calling Trump and DeSantis and Biden divisive.

Can you think of any other candidates that are better?

It’s the economy stupid.

It is known around here that cops don't stop them for traffic violations much because they don't want to do extra paperwork. The Mexican theory about insurance is we are all rich and have it so they dont care. They just go some place else

The Obamas supposedly love her. Gavin and Pete are already DOA. You wouldn't think so but who do they have?
The possible Democrats don't matter to you. You'd blister them anyway.

Prove me wrong: tell us what specific policy-driven attributes (regardless of party) you'd like to see among all the Presidential candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT