ADVERTISEMENT

Got myself a new hoe today.

Buying the right tool for a job is satisfying, but a new tool is like an empty house. You've got to "live in it" and anoint it with your sweat, blisters and blood before it's earned it's keep. I've worn about an inch off the point of my favorite shovel and have to use it for mulch mostly now, but that's still my go to shovel for jobs around the house.

I just got a new chain saw. Still in the box as I didn't have time for it this weekend. Have to take down 1 tree, murder a crepe myrtle, trim a bush stump, and take down my FiL's plum tree.

How did you tear up your hoe? I was looking at a hoe last week too. Really didn't think name brand mattered as much as durability.

I just got a new chain saw. Still in the box as I didn't have time for it this weekend. Have to take down 1 tree, murder a crepe myrtle, trim a bush stump, and take down my FiL's plum tree.

How did you tear up your hoe? I was looking at a hoe last week too. Really didn't think name brand mattered as much as durability.
I bought a cheap generic brand and the wood splintered to pieces around the head and it fell off. It's not the name per se, but I am hoping a brand name will be better constructed.

chain saws scare me. I've not used them often, and then a Dad I knew indirectly killed himself with one taking down a fallen limb. Noboby really knows how it happened, but the guy had worked for landscaping biz for years. I prefer hand tools, except for maybe a drill. I may be a pussy, but at least I'm a live one with all my digits!

No hoes needed for my container garden, although I'm interested to see how each container responds to the daily rain we're supposed to have for the next week and a half or so...

No hoes needed for my container garden, although I'm interested to see how each container responds to the daily rain we're supposed to have for the next week and a half or so...
If it's going to be super heavy rain, you might want to move the plants indoors for the worst of it. Containers can only drain so fast, and the plants can get waterlogged. Depends on the plant of course. Read the seed packet to find out how much water they like. For example, too much rain can be bad for thyme, but watercress loves it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT