ADVERTISEMENT

Gophers

We got pretty much every Indiana player we wanted in 1989
That was rare too. Didn’t keep them all. Lawson and Funderburke flaked out. Although Funderburke ended up stating he wished he’d stuck it out. Both of those guys just didn’t fit.

Please share all of the years the very top players in the country have wanted to play for IU. It’s happened but far from the consistency of a Duke or Kentucky.
Clearly you are younger so it is understandable you may have a different view. But we enjoyed decades of top talent coming to IU. Unfortunately it is not like there are recruiting ranking services that covered this stuff back then. It’s part of why we have several national championships and frankly should have had 1-2 more.

Clearly you are younger so it is understandable you may have a different view. But we enjoyed decades of top talent coming to IU. Unfortunately it is not like there are recruiting ranking services that covered this stuff back then. It’s part of why we have several national championships and frankly should have had 1-2 more.
I’ve had season tickets for over 30 years. We’ve never gotten everyone we’ve wanted. Never.

I’ve had season tickets for over 30 years. We’ve never gotten everyone we’ve wanted. Never.
Now you are altering your argument… NOBODY gets everybody they want. And you have to go back 30 years plus to get to the END of teams where we regularly got the best players and many of them wanted to come to IU.

Now you are altering your argument… NOBODY gets everybody they want. And you have to go back 30 years plus to get to the END of teams where we regularly got the best players and many of them wanted to come to IU.
I didn’t change anything. This was the original post, which I called BS on.
IU has to buy players now? Remember the old days when everyone wanted to play for IU!

I didn’t change anything. This was the original post, which I called BS on.
I get that and you are correct. And nobody ever gets everybody, which I stated previously. But then you started on how IU never got players like modern day Kentucky and Duke. I’m disagreeing with that. There was a time when we equaled or bettered that. Tough to compare though as recruiting and ranking since widespread Internet usage has changed things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT