ADVERTISEMENT

Gophers

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
I guess winning is kind of important to recruits.

GopherHole.com

@GopherHole
·
14m

FFS!! #Gophers prized recruit Dennis Evans has asked for a release from his commitment to Minnesota per
@Marcus_R_Fuller
. No way to sugar coat this, this is a massive blow to the program. => https://gopherhole.com/boards/forums/golden-gopher-basketball-forum.3/
"Evans, 7-foot-1 averaged 11 points, 10 rebounds, 7 blocks. Rated 13th by Rivals, 27th by 247Sports, 28th by PrepHoops, 61st by ESPN and 35th by On3. He's the highest-rated recruit for the Gophers since Kris Humphries, who was Rivals' No. 13 player in the Class of 2003"

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I can understand wanting to be on a team with a chance.
Sara Scalia came to IU from MN for much the same reason.
Maybe we lose football recruits this way.
Certainly winning and NIL money are two decent recruiting tools.

no offense intended, but why would a Cali 5 star commit to Minny, considering the direction the program has been heading?
Not only that the article said Minnesota cannot even other much in the way of NIL money compared to others. I guess he had a really good friend on the current team so I guess maybe that was some of it but who knows.

Not only that the article said Minnesota cannot even other much in the way of NIL money compared to others. I guess he had a really good friend on the current team so I guess maybe that was some of it but who knows.
The rich should get richer and the poor poorer. I would think logically a team with an NIL payroll of $10 million could never lose to a team with an NIL payroll of $10 thousand.

I’ve been surprised at the parity. I’ve been surprised to see teams that are clearly big NIL schools struggle, and seeing the opposite. The reality is that it’s a little more complicated than just money.

What could be better than seeing a team like NU do well and a team like Kentucky not? It’s a heck of a lot easier to root for a team with kids getting scraps (or at least scraps in comparison) , and it’s oh so easy to hate a team with a kid getting a million.

Good luck Minnesota (you will need it!). Tough to hate a school that isn’t breaking the bank to buy teams.

Reactions: bbafficionado
Who was that guy we lost to Minny during the Mike Davis years? Originally committed to Duke then backed out. We thought we had him but he went to Minny for a year. Married Kim Kardashian.

The rich should get richer and the poor poorer. I would think logically a team with an NIL payroll of $10 million could never lose to a team with an NIL payroll of $10 thousand.

I’ve been surprised at the parity. I’ve been surprised to see teams that are clearly big NIL schools struggle, and seeing the opposite. The reality is that it’s a little more complicated than just money.

What could be better than seeing a team like NU do well and a team like Kentucky not? It’s a heck of a lot easier to root for a team with kids getting scraps (or at least scraps in comparison) , and it’s oh so easy to hate a team with a kid getting a million.

Good luck Minnesota (you will need it!). Tough to hate a school that isn’t breaking the bank to buy teams.
It's also a barometer for programs who get alot of talent and no staff to develop it! Kids still want to be part of a winning program!

Reactions: .Gerdis
Evans must have heard about the weather in Minnesota the last few days and thought better of the idea of going there to play.

We barely beat Minnesota this year. We damn near lost it. We aren’t really that much ahead of them. They’ll be fine as the gap is not huge.

Kris Humphriesi

I think we should be happy we did not get him. I think they only won like three conference games with and he was a complete cancer. Was a total one man show was not a team player at all. I recall reading his old man was always in the locker room, etc.

There is another way to look at this. If You want to play on a better team, go there and make it a winning team. You can get much more attention and publicity by being a star at Minnesota and making them a winning team. than by going to Duke, Michigan State, or Kentucky and being another really good player in a sea of good players and just another Cog in the system.

Bruce Jenner says… hold my beer
images

I think we should be happy we did not get him. I think they only won like three conference games with and he was a complete cancer. Was a total one man show was not a team player at all. I recall reading his old man was always in the locker room, etc.

That season, IU was 14-15 and finished 8th in the B1G, with George "stone hands" Leech and Sean "I can't make an open layup" Kline in the paint. Would have been interesting to watch Bracey Wright and Kris Humphries compete for most shot attempts each night.

parents should stay out of the locker room. and I would expect at most programs that is the case.

Only Indiana fans would be happy about not getting a kid that went 14th over in the draft in a year we went 7-9 in conference.

Let's stop acting like we're holier then thou.

Reactions: baileyiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT