ADVERTISEMENT

Goode Commitment

Here is this guy. No idea of he is right — he’s an odd source for this and if it were true others would usually be reporting it. Probably a guess from him.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Here is this guy. No idea of he is right — he’s an odd source for this and if it were true others would usually be reporting it. Probably a guess from him.

Right just like CE was for sure committing too. Dont get me wrong i think LG does committ his family has a legacy here so he should but it hasnt happened yet

Illinois can't be happy about the Goode development, although they perhaps knew of it.

Ty Rogers is the ONLY one of the top 8 scorers returning for next year. They also have '23 freshman Gibbs-Lawhorn from Indiana and a little European pg that will probably get some time.

They've had a good year so far in the portal but no top 20 types. One guy's rated around 25, one 50-60, and one 100-120. Their '24 HS class was adequate, with one guy listed as #35 and two in the 100-125 range.

They really need more portal talent to have a shot to be an upper division BT team next year.

Remember when Illinois got mad when Eric Gordon came to IU after verballing to UI? One of the UI players slammed into him during the player introductions. It's a weird world we live in today that an Illinois kid who played there can just mosey on up and come to IU.

Sounds like he's been hurt a lot; hopefully he's healthy now. If things go well, maybe he can apply for a 5th year since he only played 10 games as a soph?

Let’s see what Loyer and other guards look like without Lurch in there. Ol’ Lurch made it a lot easier for PU guards.
PU is thin on athletes. Furst, Kaufman-Wren, Smith and Loyer aren't sloths, but they will struggle at times against superior athletes. Edey hid a lot of shortcomings. They will return to a physical ugly grind it out team that will get uglier when their guards face more athletic and/or bigger guards.

PU is thin on athletes. Furst, Kaufman-Wren, Smith and Loyer aren't sloths, but they will struggle at times against superior athletes. Edey hid a lot of shortcomings. They will return to a physical ugly grind it out team that will get uglier when their guards face more athletic and/or bigger guards.
Some of their younger players are more athletic, Colvin, Heide, Catchings.

Loyer looked a junior high school player going up against UConns guards.

Purdue won’t get the amount of calls either without Zach. They’ll have to play 5-5 next year instead of the 8-5 advantage they enjoyed the past 2 years.
It's hard to estimate the influence Edey had on all aspects of the game, but I too agree it was huge. I think their FT attempts, assists, offensive rebounds and shooting %s on 2s and 3s are all going to fall off and I also think Loyer and Smith are going to find it much tougher to get shots without big Zach in the middle.

It's hard to estimate the influence Edey had on all aspects of the game, but I too agree it was huge. I think their FT attempts, assists, offensive rebounds and shooting %s on 2s and 3s are all going to fall off and I also think Loyer and Smith are going to find it much tougher to get shots without big Zach in the middle.
Agree. Purdue's offense really relies on having a dominant big man to create open looks for their shooters. Kaufman-Renn is okay, but he won't draw double teams-neither will any of their other bigs. Opposing defenses will be able to lock down on Smith & Loyer.

Remember when Illinois got mad when Eric Gordon came to IU after verballing to UI? One of the UI players slammed into him during the player introductions. It's a weird world we live in today that an Illinois kid who played there can just mosey on up and come to IU.
yep, Demitri McCamey. the fans treated his family extremely poorly too, shame on UI for not handling it better.

To be fair, Purdue didn't exactly show up in the NC game either. Loyer sure didn't.
Not disagreeing. But there is a world of difference between watching from home and playing in the title game. Of course IU will bring a new back court...but what will it look like? We don't know. And when we do, it will be unproven and will need to come together. Again...the lack of continuity brings a wild card.

Not disagreeing. But there is a world of difference between watching from home and playing in the title game. Of course IU will bring a new back court...but what will it look like? We don't know. And when we do, it will be unproven and will need to come together. Again...the lack of continuity brings a wild card.
Grateful you had an opportunity to shit on our program again today. #Blessed.

PUke won't recognize basketball without Lurch.
I talked with a puKE friend (I know oxymoron) a week after the NC. I said I was sweating a little going into that game. His answer was "get used to it, it will be that way for at least the next decade". I smiled and walked away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT