ADVERTISEMENT

Good, quick, interview with coach Cig

Nothing too groundbreaking but really enjoyed how, around the 10:00 minute mark, he answers the question regarding his dad’s influence and career path.

Then the next question, around the 12:50 mark, regarding who might be an unsung hero on the team.

I liked the chair story. Reminds me of Frasier and his dad. I liked that show.

After doing some pondering I really can't come up with another coaching personality and history who could possibly fill the need of IUFB so positively or correctly.
I wish Coach Hoeppner would have been able to continue coaching. He had the same bravado and discipline of CCC.

Last edited:
I love in the comment section someone wrote that Nicole looks like a discount Aubrey Plaza. She does look like her.

Good interview.
sexy aubrey plaza GIF

Nothing too groundbreaking but really enjoyed how, around the 10:00 minute mark, he answers the question regarding his dad’s influence and career path.

Then the next question, around the 12:50 mark, regarding who might be an unsung hero on the team.

This probably doesent fit here and I hope he spends his last 5 or so seasons in Bloomington bit this guy is better than what ND has and I hope he doesent leave for there after this or next season. ***Pay man what needs to be paid to keep him.***

Great interview. Enjoyed it a lot, thx for posting it.

But, now coach has me worried about our offensive line depth. :(

I think we probably go seven deep on the line.

Stephens (who if anyone has noticed has worn #81 or #82, something like that a couple games as a blocking tight end), can definitely step in. I also think Barrett can come in and play in a pinch at tackle of needed.

I think we probably go seven deep on the line.

Stephens (who if anyone has noticed has worn #81 or #82, something like that a couple games as a blocking tight end), can definitely step in. I also think Barrett can come in and play in a pinch at tackle of needed.

Stephens is penciled in as our backup Center (along with Greer) and (I'm pretty sure) he's worn #84 as a Tight End.

Tight End, in my opinion, is a perfect usage of him, in that his strength as an O-lineman seems to be pulling and blocking downfield on angles versus one on one pass blocking duels... (based on his tape from last season [at JMU])...

I'd like to see him utilized as an H-back/Fullback in short yardage situations occasionally too...

We're thin on the OL on Offense and at LB and S on Defense... Staying healthy is The key to our continued success...

Stephens is penciled in as our backup Center (along with Greer) and (I'm pretty sure) he's worn #84 as a Tight End.

Tight End, in my opinion, is a perfect usage of him, in that his strength as an O-lineman seems to be pulling and blocking downfield on angles versus one on one pass blocking duels... (based on his tape from last season [at JMU])...

I'd like to see him utilized as an H-back/Fullback in short yardage situations occasionally too...

We're thin on the OL on Offense and at LB and S on Defense... Staying healthy is The key to our continued success...

I think with Bomba being healthy now, we're not as likely to see Stephens at anything other then line... at least I don't think he'll be wearing a number in the 80s anymore.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Our starters are really good, but as it's always been, our depth is questionable. It's why we historically wear down and lose BT games in the 4th quarter. Coach Cig did an amazing job doing a near total refresh of our starters, but depth takes time to build. I think he will continue to excel in the portal, but adding HS guys that he can mold and spend years in the culture he's building will be paramount.

O$U has Caden Curry playing special teams and getting backup snaps at DE as a Junior. He would've been starting for IU as soon as he got on campus. That's the major difference between the haves and the have nots. I'm positive that Coach Cig will get us there, but unlike the transfer portal, the HS kids won't impact wins and losses immediately. They will makeup the difference in depth though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT