ADVERTISEMENT

God meets God

I thought that was going to be funny. I quit about a minute in. Standard freshman philosophy rejection of the cosmological argument. Yawn.

It had Ganesh in it. Ganesh is hilarious. I have a Hindu friend. People think I clown on VPM. I'm merciless to this dude. He's a bassist. Every time he wants to play a song - I start Cheeseburger in Paradise.

My favorite deity is Sheela Na Gigs.
231b8535d09eaea166393675d64d1b6c.jpg

Reactions: MillerTime
It had Ganesh in it. Ganesh is hilarious. I have a Hindu friend. People think I clown on VPM. I'm merciless to this dude. He's a bassist. Every time he wants to play a song - I start Cheeseburger in Paradise.

My favorite deity is Sheela Na Gigs.
231b8535d09eaea166393675d64d1b6c.jpg
This is why I so enjoy this forum...

The educational aspects are great! Never really new about ole Sheela. A quick GIS on that name shows many old stone idols of a lady doing something equivalent to 'The Image.' I may have to put one in my garden.

Reactions: T.M.P. and kkott
This is right up alls yalls alley, especially VPM.

The one God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit

Passages that say there is only one God:

1. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one [echad] flesh. " Genesis 2:24
  2. "there is no one like Yahweh our God." Exodus 8:10
  3. "Yahweh, He is God; there is no other besides Him." Deuteronomy 4:35
  4. "Yahweh, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
  5. "See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me" Deuteronomy 32:39
    • "Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [echad]!" Deuteronomy 6:4
  6. "You are great, O Lord God; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You" 2 Samuel 7:22
  7. "For who is God, besides Yahweh? And who is a rock, besides our God?" 2 Samuel 22:32
  8. "Yahweh is God; there is no one else." 1 Kings 8:60
    • "You are the God, You alone [bad], of all the kingdoms of the earth." 2 Kings 19:15
  9. "O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You" 1 Chronicles 17:20
    • "You alone [bad] are Yahweh." Nehemiah 9:6
  10. "For who is God, but Yahweh? And who is a rock, except our God" Psalm 18:31
    • "You alone [bad], Lord, are God." Isaiah 37:20
  11. "Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me." Isaiah 43:10
  12. "'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6
  13. "Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none." Isaiah 44:8
  14. "I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 45:5
  15. "Surely, God is with you, and there is none else, No other God." Isaiah 45:14
  16. "I am Yahweh, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18
  17. "Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21
  18. "I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me" Isaiah 46:9
    • "And Yahweh will be king over all the earth; in that day Yahweh will be the only one [echad], and His name the only one[echad]." Zechariah 14:9
  19. "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one [hen] and love the other, or he will be devoted to one [hen] and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." Matthew 6:24
  20. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one [hen] flesh"? " Matthew 19:5
  21. "But do not be called Rabbi; for One [hen] is your Teacher, and you are all brothers." Matthew 23:8
  22. "Do not be called leaders; for One [hen] is your Leader, that is, Christ." Matthew 23:10
  23. ""The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one [hen] Lord; " Mark 12:29
    • "you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only [monos] God?" John 5:44
  24. "I and the Father are one [hen]." John 10:30
    • "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only [monos] true God" John 17:3
  25. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one [hen], just as We are one[hen]" John 17:22
    • "since indeed God is one [hen]" Romans 3:30
    • "to the only [monos] wise God, Amen." Romans 16:27
    • "there is no God but one [hen]" 1 Corinthians 8:4
    • "yet for us there is but one [hen] God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one [hen] Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." 1 Corinthians 8:6
    • "Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one [hen]." Galatians 3:20
    • "There is one [hen] body and one [hen] Spirit, one [hen] hope, one [hen] Lord, one [hen] faith, one [hen] baptism, one [hen] God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6
    • "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only [monos] God" 1 Timothy 1:17
  26. "which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only [monos] Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone [monos] possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16
    • "For there is one [hen] God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5
    • "You believe that God is one [hen]. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James 2:19
  27. "For certain persons deny our only [monos] Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 4
    • "the only [monos] God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." Jude 25

1. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one [echad] flesh. " Genesis 2:24
  4. "Yahweh, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
  6. "You are great, O Lord God; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You" 2 Samuel 7:22
  7. "For who is God, besides Yahweh? And who is a rock, besides our God?" 2 Samuel 22:32
    • "You are the God, You alone [bad], of all the kingdoms of the earth." 2 Kings 19:15
  9. "O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You" 1 Chronicles 17:20
  11. "Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me." Isaiah 43:10
  12. "'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6
  13. "Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none." Isaiah 44:8
  14. "I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 45:5
  15. "Surely, God is with you, and there is none else, No other God." Isaiah 45:14
  17. "Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21
  18. "I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me" Isaiah 46:9
    • "And Yahweh will be king over all the earth; in that day Yahweh will be the only one [echad], and His name the only one[echad]." Zechariah 14:9
  19. "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one [hen] and love the other, or he will be devoted to one [hen] and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." Matthew 6:24
  20. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one [hen] flesh"? " Matthew 19:5
  21. "But do not be called Rabbi; for One [hen] is your Teacher, and you are all brothers." Matthew 23:8
  22. "Do not be called leaders; for One [hen] is your Leader, that is, Christ." Matthew 23:10
  23. ""The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one [hen] Lord; " Mark 12:29
    • "you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only [monos] God?" John 5:44
    • "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only [monos] true God" John 17:3
  25. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one [hen], just as We are one[hen]" John 17:22
    • "yet for us there is but one [hen] God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one [hen] Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." 1 Corinthians 8:6
    • "Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one [hen]." Galatians 3:20
    • "There is one [hen] body and one [hen] Spirit, one [hen] hope, one [hen] Lord, one [hen] faith, one [hen] baptism, one [hen] God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6
    • "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only [monos] God" 1 Timothy 1:17
  26. "which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only [monos] Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone [monos] possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16
    • "For there is one [hen] God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5
    • "You believe that God is one [hen]. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James 2:19
  27. "For certain persons deny our only [monos] Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 4
    • "the only [monos] God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." Jude 25

Sheela Na Gig will smite you with rays from her gaping vagina for saying such bullshit ..

Yeah, but was that from the e-Book? Huh? Huh?

s7UsoC2.jpg

GFY

I'm curious....did you watch the whole video?

Because to some people, BK was god.....

.... both are colossal a-holes though.......but only one is real.

Many years ago, an old guy from Indiana died and went to heaven. He was met by St. Peter at the pearly gates, and when Peter was showing him around, the old guy asked if heaven had a basketball team. Peter told him it was the best, and took him to the gym. When they entered, Peter pointed out that the players had letters instead of numbers on their jerseys. Several players had a "G", and Peter explained those were the guards, and similarly explained the "F" and the "C" that the players were wearing.
"But, who is that white-haired fellow with the "BK" on his sweater, yelling at everyone?", asked the man.
Peter replied, "Oh, that's God...he thinks he is Bobby Knight."

Sheela Na Gig will smite you with rays from her gaping vagina for saying such bullshit ..
FWIW, it appears as though scholars who think the Sheelas represent a deity are in the minority. The more common explanation is that they are simple grotesques, like gargoyles, meant to keep away evil spirits. I think that explanation makes sense, as it would match the long survival of sympathetic magic and other forms of folk magic well into the Christian era. It would also explain why their history seems to follow architectural trends from France into Ireland.

Edit: All that said, I've never put much stock in Margaret Murray's or similar theories, so...

Last edited:

Yeah, but the Bible isn't true. You're worshiping a false idol. Luckily, the true Goddess is actually loving and forgiving, and doesn't demand obedience on pain of damnation, unlike your "Yahweh," so She will not punish you for your error.

Yeah, but the Bible isn't true. You're worshiping a false idol. Luckily, the true Goddess is actually loving and forgiving, and doesn't demand obedience on pain of damnation, unlike your "Yahweh," so She will not punish you for your error.
Says you. I will go with the witness of a book unified though written over 1500 yrs. Hebrews 1:1-2 says God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Reactions: Moops
Says you. I will go with the witness of a book unified though written over 1500 yrs. Hebrews 1:1-2 says God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

I don't know, but that sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

Let me guess, you think Trump would be a good choice for president.

Hey, if you want to worship some two-bit goatherder god because an old book tells you to, I won't stop you. Freedom of religion, you know. But when you make it a point to proselytize, expect it to come right back at you.

lol ... yes, use 2000 year old fiction as your guide for life.

What a fking retard..

What is your guide for life? Weed and Dead? Don't make fun of others when your own beliefs are stupid as shit.

Listen dumbass. It's not my fault I'm better than you. Like I told you before - blame your inbred drunken parents. When you see your idiot mother, kick her in the rancid gaping slag dripping c**t that spit your stupid ass into the world. Until then fk off. You're too retarded to speak..

Last edited:
Listen dumbass. It's not my fault I'm better than you. Like I told you before - blame your inbred drunken parents. When you see your idiot mother, kick her in the rancid gaping slag dripping c**t that spit your stupid ass into the world. Until then fk off. You're too retarded to speak..
You have one line. Rinse repeat. You are a hollow man. FWI ... your mom was amazing last night.
758f91d92cf0b004af1c0a392c3346b1.jpg

You have one line. Rinse repeat. You are a hollow man. FWI ... your mom was amazing last night.
758f91d92cf0b004af1c0a392c3346b1.jpg

In all seriousness, and brutal honesty, there's four glaringly dumb people on this board. C$, VPM, Lucy and you. C$ and VPM though limited in intelligence are both far ahead of you. Lucy, is fake. So he/she doesn't count. That makes you the dumbest person on this board. And, yet, you still speak.

Let me explain something to you in hopes you finally get how stupid you are and finally stfu. Apparently your teachers and parents failed to do so. I blame them.

On message boards the only currency is intelligence, knowledge and wit. You're void of all three. You're basically a vagrant and every post you make is a waste of data. Dumb people should listen, and never speak. So, do the world a huge favor and STFU.

Thanks ..

Last edited:
Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Hey, if you want to worship some two-bit goatherder god because an old book tells you to, I won't stop you. Freedom of religion, you know. But when you make it a point to proselytize, expect it to come right back at you.
Where did I tell anyone to become a Christian by receiving Christ as their Savior? I was standing up for the Word of God because the video was saying that if God existed He would have to have a reason for being, a cause. I was pointing out by the Scripture I quoted that the Bible says God has always existed. I later said it this way. God is the First cause. This means He has always existed as He says He has.

Reactions: Moops
Where did I tell anyone to become a Christian by receiving Christ as their Savior? I was standing up for the Word of God because the video was saying that if God existed He would have to have a reason for being, a cause. I was pointing out by the Scripture I quoted that the Bible says God has always existed. I later said it this way. God is the First cause. This means He has always existed as He says He has.

He lied...

images

Hey Van, little off topic from this super interesting thread, but I have a question for you about scripture. I've recently become a bit of a bible student because my Mom has not been well and enjoys bible readings on visits.

Anyway, I noticed a few verses that didn't quite match up with my layman understanding of the end times and the popular understanding of the Bible narrative. The more I looked... the more I found. So, I became interested and searched on-line to find the explanation for the verses that did not seem to add up. The more I looked... the more I found. It's quite fascinating actually.

The verse from Hebrews that you quoted had the same problem and I had not even noticed it before. If you go back and look at the verse again, does it not appear that the writer of Hebrews was calling the time that God is speaking through his son "these last days"? Peter said the events of Pentacost were those spoken of by the prophet Joel that would happen in the last days.

The biblical evidence seems overwhelming to me that "the end of the world, book of revelation" type stuff has already been fulfilled a very long time ago. Even the book of Revelation itself starts like this:

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ,which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass.

The second to last verse of Revelation says this:

20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Regardless, this is probably not the place for doctrinal discussion, but I firmly believe that part of the reason that many people don't believe is because Christianity itself promotes a story that is quite unbiblical. There are literally hundreds of verses (in context) that disprove mainstream Christianity's interpretation of the Bible.

email me at shimatoree84@gmail.com if you are interested in further discussion.

You were witnessing, and you still are. I'm just pointing out that you are worshipping a false god based on an untrue book. Just trying up help you out, is all. If you want to ignore te truth, that's cool. Some people simply aren't ready to see it. Maybe in your next life.

You were witnessing, and you still are. I'm just pointing out that you are worshipping a false god based on an untrue book. Just trying up help you out, is all. If you want to ignore te truth, that's cool. Some people simply aren't ready to see it. Maybe in your next life.
What if you are the ignorant one? What if God really is the First Cause and you won't accept it? So let me get this straight. I will be attacked because I defend an attack on my faith? Also in the original post I was called out. And since I was I thought I would set the record straight from a biblical point of view. The video is garbage because it attacks certain Christian premises,and then won't look at the other side of the argument from a Bible perspective. Hey, I get it. You have to take it on faith that God is Eternal. You take it on faith because you were not there. I would argue that you have to take a lot on faith when it comes to evolution. You were not there either. So here we are with a quandary. None of were there in the beginning and we have to try to make sense of how we got here. I will take the testimony of God Himself. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. He also created everything in those places such as stars,moons,animals and people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT